Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Atrial Fibrillation

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Faytheoreo, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I need some help on a situation. I have been diagnosed with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation, also known as Lone Atrial Fibrillation. The only time I go into A-fib is when I eat a shit ton of chocolate at once. I go weeks without a skipped heart beat. When I smoke I usually get 2-5 palpitations through the whole time my heart rate is up. Instead of me smoking it every day would 1-2 times a week be alright? I know you guys are not doctors but I know some have this same condition I have. It seems like my heart has been better since I started smoking. I have only been smoking for 5 months and never went into an A-fib attack by smoking, only when I consumed a lot of caffeine. I have a doctors appointment next wensday and I plan on asking him this but I want to know what my fellow tokers think on this.

2. To be safe, you better ask your doctor. Sounds like you're fine smoking to me... but then again I don't know the first thing about your condition.

Google search/ask your doctor is the safest route. :smoke:

3. #3 Faytheoreo, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    I have googled this and found nothing that answers my questions, most of the doctors online say dont do it because they think it's going to kill you or some shit like leading to harder drugs. The condition I have is not even considered mild, it's barely noticeable and goes away on its own if I go into a-fib.

4. Then go for it man, just be cautious you know? Sounds like you're fine to me, you said yourself that you've smoked and your heart felt fine, etc. Maybe just let your friends know anything they need to do to help if something does happen, and call it good.

5. Yeah, I just see no harm in it if I smoke it occasionally.

6. We actually have EMTs here, but for the most part, most people here wont know what you're talking about, or know how to help you.

Im only in training, but you can PM Durchii. He is certified.

Still, no one can give you a better answer than a doctor.

7. Thank you, I will contact him