Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Atrial Fibrillation, Can I make it better?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Faytheoreo, Apr 8, 2011.

1. I have Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation, I am 19 years old. The cardiologist said it's not serious, I have a normal heart. When I do get baked I have about 2-4 palpitations during the increased heart rate phase then they go away. I have heard that smoking will make my condition worse. So would smoking 2-4 times a week be alright?. It seems when I smoke a lot of weed I have a panic attack and my heart rate goes through the roof so I would smoke maybe half a bowl when I do fire up so I don't get too high and panic.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. When you start to panic, tell yourself there has never been a death attributed to smoking marijuana.

If you're too panic-y to do that then smoking probably isn't for you.

3. Yeah I did that and it helped, I just looked in the mirror and told myself to stop freaking out I will be fine. I also have Anxiety so I'm guessing that just made it worse

4. smoke indicas instead of sativas, that will help a bit

5. you'll have to be the best judge of that..

there is a knowledgeable blade here that helped me out with my fibrillations..

long story short excessive drinking + pre-existing condition can kill.

i've cut way way way way down on the booze, my condition has gotten a hell of alot better.

click on my profile, and you'll find someone there that has helped me......

6. Smoking does increase your heart rate OP...IDK you condition per say but if I were having trouble with my heartbeat I'd cut back severely and only vaporize...Stay Safe man!

7. All we can say is you wont die, but we are not doctors. Weed makes the heart rate go up, its normal. I sometimes got palpitations but not so much any more.

Your best bet is to ask your doctor about it.

8. #8 Faytheoreo, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    I read somewhere here a while back, this guy had like 10 heart conditions, and he said smoking more than usual when you so smoke will cause your heart rate to slow down faster than if you were to just smoke a little. I will just experiment with it and not smoke so much like I usually did. It sucks that the guy was banned I would love to talk to him about this.

My guess is that I just smoked way too much and it triggered my anxiety which made me think I would going to literally drop dead. I talked to my doctor and he just basically yelled at me saying I won't get into college. So I have to figure this out on my own for now.

9. Lol I have no heart conditions, and sometimes when I smoke weed I notice heart palpitations, curiously only when i'm inhaling from my bong..... I think it's normal. Idk.

10. lol he yelled at you?

11. Faythe, ya you are probably right... if you young and otherwise healthy it may not be anything you have to worry about till you get a little older..

Personally and in my non medical opinion... i wouldn't just forget about it completely... keep it in the back of your mind, if you are like me after you put on a couple years you may have to adjust your diet (lower sodium) and be that guy who might have a glass a wine every once in a while.

i used to really worry about it, and not worry about it at the same time. now i know a little more worry a little less... just in case... i carry a little crushed aspirin in my transportation and near my person.. hope for the best prepare for the worst.. i dunno

12. Is your doctor named house, by any chance?

13. #13 Faytheoreo, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    Yeah, he got a smart ass attitude. Told me to stop interrupting him when he was interrupting me while I was trying to explain my situation. He made smart remarks like "I can't just write you a medical marijuana card" in a smart ass voice. So I just left and now I am here on my pc doing research lol.

Yeah same here bro, I don't worry about it that much anymore. The only time I have been to the hospital for this is the 2 times I ate a whole bag of chocolate because I was hungry...lmao never doing that again. I will just smoke less than I have been and enjoy life :). The only thing that seems to put me in irregular heart beats are too much caffeine, weed has never done it.