Atmos Junior

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by alexada17, Oct 8, 2013.

So I just got the Atmos Junior not even a week ago.  This is my first vape and I was super excited about being able to use it for dry & wax.  So far though I haven't been thoroughly impressed though.  I have a really hard time getting it to do multiple good hits (using dry herbs).  Usually I can get it to get one good hit right away, but after that it won't hit. (When I say won't hit I mean I'm not getting a cloud of smoke) -   Now from what I've been reading about vaporizers (I don't have much experience with them at all) when you're not getting smoke its "vaporizing" vs getting smoke and it "combusting".  Am I correct in this?  I'm definitely not getting high when I don't have the smoke coming out.  But if I can get it to do multiple "cloud" hits I get high.  I'm not using a screen, so I don't know if that would make a big difference; but I really feel like I'm just not doing it right/it's not working right.

Any suggestions??

2. I had a similar vape pen I've never heard of atmos jr tho.
    Ur right about it when no smoke comes out...it's vapering but not getting you high.
    When it combusts its get you high as fuck. After that first hit, you should stir it up a little bit or even pack some more in but after two or three hits, you need to clean out the chamber EVERY TIME YOU USE IT.
    Vape pens suck if you don't know how to use them, be careful with the coils when you stir it up. Happy tokeing

People say they get high from vaping....but how do i know its actually vaping? if it's heating it's doing something right? The coil definitely works, and it charges fine; I guess I just have to keep trying haha, luckily it's not really wasted any of my herb.  I gave up a couple times because I just get frustrated and end up using my glass piece.  I'm hoping I can get it working well so I can use it primarily!

4. #4 ckycampmember, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    [quote name="alexada17" post="18795926" timestamp="1381191235"]People say they get high from vaping....but how do i know its actually vaping? if it's heating it's doing something right? The coil definitely works, and it charges fine; I guess I just have to keep trying haha, luckily it's not really wasted any of my herb. I gave up a couple times because I just get frustrated and end up using my glass piece. I'm hoping I can get it working well so I can use it primarily![/quote]If you're vaping correctly there is still a visible exhale...You bought a shitty vape pen.What did you expect?

What does your weed look like when you're done, is it black or white? Coil sounds to me like it's like the original Atmos, it burns your herbs. Buy a real vaporizer and use the Atmos Junior for concentrates.

6. Stop using it for flowers. Only use concentrates. I just bought an atmos raw Jr specifically for wax. While I already have a titanium nail for by bong, I bought the atmos to take snowboarding to toke on the lifts. The Jr has a smaller/shallower ceramic chamber so you can load it with wax easily. Many people have mixed reviews about this pen because they use it with dry herbs. Do yourself a favor and use it for concentrates only. Hope this helps.

7. Yea, noticed its small just like the TAO DISCREET but looks like a weed pen. I smoke the TAO and people think it's an ecig lol.

8. The atmos raw/junior raw is not made for dry herbs, even though the website says... the atmos does not vaporize your bud, it combusts it. if you want something portable for vaping WEED, not wax, then you should get a Pax or something. I only use wax for my atmos raw (which is the older, bigger version of the junior. same shit different toilet)

9. The atmos does not vaporize. It combusts. Sorry to say. I learned that the hard way as well. And yeah it's hard to get a few good hits in a row. After two hits you kinda have to stir it up and pack it down. Really a hassle.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

10. #10 Hoodlook, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    If only we could. Most people who vape dry herbs don't use concentrates because well, they can't. They don't have access to dabs. In the city I live in theres no good dabs around here. The only way to get dabs would be growing which is a pain in the ass.

11. #11 johnnyblaze805, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    I bought a atmos too... They're complete trash for any kind of dank... Decent or ejuices tho but that's about it

12. I noticed some of you have an atmos raw and a junior, I have the RX and how the hell do i smoke oils outta here? Just drop em on the coil..?? Please help shits charging as I'm typing

13. Bought it. Got two hits - no more smokey!
    So wax, eh? And how would I come about such a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. "have access to "dabs" can't get "good dabs" sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Calling concentrates "dabs" is the equivelent of calling regular weed "Hits". For fucks sake I dont know why it annoys me so much but it really makes people sound like they have no idea about concentrates. If what you get itsnt to good why not make it better with some winterization?

16. So I went to do a search about a problem with my atmos (heh surprise) and came across my thread ha. Love that people are still responding to it! It does indeed work great for concentrates!