ATM Spewed Money at me

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buffalo Green, Jan 5, 2013.

1. This was in July.

I was in Philadelphia with my mom, step dad, niece and nephew and we were gonna go to the zoo. So my mom stops at a bank and goes to take out $100 for food and things for the kids. The ATM literally just spewed out 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s and 50s all over the machine. There was probably $500+ just sitting there and we were in the car. My mom went in and told the lady in the bank and I guess she just came out and took it in and that was it.

If it was me alone, I definitely would've taken it. Even if they see in the logs of the machine you withdrew $100, they wouldn't know how much you took in cash off the machine even if they did have your license plate number on camera.

2. Don't ATMs have cameras? Or was that just something they made up in Breaking Bad to continue the plot? Idk, regardless I'd do what your mom did. I'm not much of a thief.

3. I didn't not even know there were any ATM machines that have one, five, and ten dollar bills. The ones around here only have twenties...

But I mean, you're on camera at the ATM. I think it would be pretty easy to tell if you took all the money or not.

4. It's a ghetto ATM :p

5. An ATM gave me an extra $20 once. I used it to buy munchies after I bought some pot with the other money I took out

I went back to that ATM everytime. Never got free money again

6. where in philly!

;)

7. This is why I was told to always count the money right there on camera. If it can give you an extra twenty, it can short you too. :p

8. i've always wanted an ATM to spew money all over my face

9. [quote name='"Ryusuke"']i've always wanted an ATM to spew money all over my face[/quote]

Talk about money shot

I'm a little tea pot short and stout

10. Your mom was hot enough to make it rain :D:D:D

11. #11 Thomas29, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Wtf people talking about Cameras..... The machine in this case is what did something FUCKING WRONG if a Camera manages to work and be there on the BROKEN thing than IT WILL CLEARLY SHOW THAT like wtf and if he took it just say he thought that was what he was supposed to get and withdrew and was just really confused and left. Oh ya and people like your mom are just fucked in the head not in a bad way yet it can lead to bad things but that is why the world burns the way it does because evil people know they can take advantage of people like your mom and they never ever realize it because well no need to say.

12. None of this makes any type of sense, especially the last part about his mom being "fucked in the head" for NOT stealing money.

13. [quote name='"Thomas29"']Wtf people talking about Cameras..... The machine in this case is what did something FUCKING WRONG if a Camera manages to work and be there on the BROKEN thing than IT WILL CLEARLY SHOW THAT like wtf and if he took it just say he thought that was what he was supposed to get and withdrew and was just really confused and left. Oh ya and people like your mom are just fucked in the head not in a bad way yet it can lead to bad things but that is why the world burns the way it does because evil people know they can take advantage of people like your mom and they never ever realize it because well no need to say.[/quote]

What the fuck are you even talking about

14. Just because it clearly shows that the ATM was broken doesn't mean the bank won't want their money back. It would be incredibly easy for them to use transaction records and the camera to see who received the extra money.

And give me a break, no one took advantage of his mom here. What are you even on about?

15. That guy must have reefer madness or something

16. #16 Dylanzs, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    [quote name='"Thomas29"']Wtf people talking about Cameras..... The machine in this case is what did something FUCKING WRONG if a Camera manages to work and be there on the BROKEN thing than IT WILL CLEARLY SHOW THAT like wtf and if he took it just say he thought that was what he was supposed to get and withdrew and was just really confused and left. Oh ya and people like your mom are just fucked in the head not in a bad way yet it can lead to bad things but that is why the world burns the way it does because evil people know they can take advantage of people like your mom and they never ever realize it because well no need to say.[/quote]

Doesn't work like that, they have records of how much goes out and comes into your bank account, and if you dont report this faulty machine then it is classed as stealing in the eyes of the law. I would just take a 50 or 100 and notify them off the faulty machine and let them know that what was left was all that came out. If they question you claim it all flew out so fast some must have got caught in the wind. Even still it's alot harder than you think to fool a bank, they keep records of every cent that comes out those little machines, he'll they keep records of everything for this exact reason, because idiots like you think they can fool them. It's not the bank you are stealing from, it's the people who use that bank that suffer from your wrongs, p.s you have no clue what you are talking about, nor does your above statement make any form of sense.

I'm a little tea pot short and stout