Athiest, would you trust your Govenrment?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by sunsett70, Aug 10, 2012.

1. The problem here is that although I consider him and his message overall to be gentle, this piece of it is dissonant. A simple solution would be to get rid of it completely rather than trying to rewrite it or justify it with conflicting passages, but the institution doesn't do that. So what you end up with is people killing doctors and then citing the OT to justify their behavior, and if you challenge them on it they can say that Jesus told them to not to ignore the old laws.

You can't judge these people as lesser Christians in part because of the passage you just cited. If the institution would modernize the message, there wouldn't be this problem.

2. Killing doctors? Abortion doctors?

Jesus never said anything about abortion.

FYI: Religious people arent the only ones who are against abortion

3. What's all thissss to do with "trusting the government", which is the title of this thread..... If you guys wanna start a atheist vs christian argument, plenty of other threads or you can even start your own. If you guys have nothing to add to the title subject, please just let it die. feel like i'm listening to a spoilt recorder playin' over n over......

4. You know ya don't have to open the thread right?

5. hrrmmpphhhh......:mad:

6. This whole thread is quite sad, you guys can't even have a conversation without people like dishin reg resulting to insults. As if that were a Christian thing to do!

Some Christians trust their Government. Some Don't.

Some Atheists trust their Government. Some Don't.

Cannot the subculture even get along these days?

7. This thread is a provocation for arguments. So there's that.

Guise. 89-post sunsett70 wants us to talk about whether we trust the government! What's your problem, get in the game!

Nevermind that the OP argued that atheists are literally Hitler.

8. When someone is looking to fight, they can always find a reason.

9. Hence this thread.

10. The ignorance presented by some of the people in this thread is astounding.

Notice the contrast between the Christians' and the atheists' arguments.

The Christians', laden with insults and seething with arrogant hostility, coupled with blind re-assertion of their arguments after they've already been successfully rebutted.

And then the atheists', logical, keeping their cool, and written in an almost humorous tone with creative analogies and objective analysis to get their point across.

I am neither a Christian or an atheist but bravo to the Christians, for yet again displaying your propensity for getting heated, personal and sticking your fingers in your ears while screaming 'LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU'. I want to like Christians more, I really do, but you make it oh so difficult with your method of 'debate'.

11. like i said 'When someone is looking to fight, they can always find a reason"

12. like I said, "Hence this thread."

13. this would be funny if it wasn't for the unbridled skewedness of your posting. you want to 'like Christians more'....... yes, i'm sure you do. why not try just hating less first?

14. That post was so true, it kinda predicted how you would receive it.

15. yes, very perceptive of you. wish you were my stockbroker.:rolleyes:

p/s what's up with you and the hard-on hate you got for christians? what happened, man???

16. I wish stocks were that predictable. :rolleyes:

17. no need to be humble, m'friend. for someone logical, calculating and knowleagable like you, i don't think so.

soooooo, why the hard on hate for christians? or are you just shy to tell......

18. If you think hate is involved, I have no desire to talk to you. Let's talk when you can actually connect with who I am instead of inventing it for the sake of your argument.

19. "like I said, "Hence this thread."

if you don't hate, why go looking for a reason for a fight? less' you got unresolved anger problems too.

cool, you dont have to talk to me if you don't want to, i dont think i have the patience for you anyway.