Athens Ohio completely depenalizes Cannabis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Athens, Ohio: The Athens Cannabis Ordinance – better known as “TACO” – to completely remove all penalties for possessing, cultivating, and gifting of up to 200 grams of marijuana was approved by voters on election day by a vote of 77 percent to 23 percent.

In November 2016, four Ohio municipalities – Newark, Logan, Roseville, and Bellaire – passed similar depenalization ballot measures. Under Ohio state law, minor marijuana possession offenses are classified as a minor misdemeanor, punishable by a fine, but no jail time or criminal record.

“Voters overwhelmingly approved of TACO because the continued criminalization of adult marijuana use is out-of-step with the views of the vast majority of adults in the United States, 64 percent of whom now endorse legalizing and regulating cannabis,” said Justin Strekal, NORML Political Director. “While politicians continue to drag their feet, citizens are showing leadership at the local and state level in jurisdictions where the ability to achieve marijuana reform is possible at the ballot box.”

http://blog.norml.org/2017/11/08/election-ohio-city-completely-depenalizes-marijuana/

Brick by brick we're bring down the wall. MAGA!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Good for them! That is great to hear...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Athens is a big college town full of over educated liberals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are you saying liberals are smarter and have more fun?

5. Not saying that they're smarter, but they are smart enough not to vote for some one that would put Jeff Sessions in the AG seat then hoping that he has a change of heart. .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. are you implying that only liberals view the prohibition of marijuana a bad thing? Because you are way wrong if thats what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. First off it was joke. So you can put your feathers back in. Second, an overwhelming number of republicans holding office are against legalization. And that's not trying to make it a liberal vs conservative thing. It's just fact. You don't like it? Then vote accordingly.

8. I have been and will continue to do so. Thats also why I've been saying that 2018 we will see a lot of new faces in congress, because of reasons just like that. I didn't puff feathers, I asked a question. Sarcasm doesn't travel well over the interwebs, and it obviously didn't work if you had to explain that it was a joke.