Atheists vs.Christians

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SoulessStoner, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Every religious thread on GC turns into a flame war between atheists and Christians about how stupid the other side is. The funniest thing about this? Most atheists don't even understand the religion they love to bash so much. Now I'm not saying all atheists are heartless bastards that only live to bash Christians, but there seems to be a lot of them for a group that supposedly doesn't care about religion.

Now for the Christians, specifically Fundamentalist Christians. These are the bible quoters that draw the ire from atheists. They have a warped sense of the religious world and think they're superior to everyone. Once again, the funny thing here? They don't even fully understand the religion they think so highly of.

So you see folks, atheists and Christians hate each other and fight so much, even though neither of them totally understand the religion they attack/defend so ardently.

BTW, I'm neither atheist nor a Christian, so no there was no bias in writing this.

2. [​IMG]

An Atheist understands the religion better than a Christian understands the science.

3. First off, there is still bias, considering this is all just your opinion.

Second, if atheists and Christians ALL don't understand Christianity fully, then who the hell does? You?

4. Atheist and Christians have a lot more in common than we think.

5. Do you not realize the difference between a Christian and a fundamentalist Christian? A fundamentalist Christian accepts the Bible word for word as fact. Yes, they interpret the Bible literally. This group, albeit very small, is the group most often attacked by atheists because it's the easiest. They're bullheaded in their ways and try and push their views on everyone.

6. [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']

An Atheist understands the religion better than a Christian understands the science.[/quote]

Doubtful.

7. Atheists don't believe in any religion; it's not just a christian thing

Also, you'll get people from every side shoving their views down other peoples throats. I don't understand why people always make these threads because the OP and the people posting in the thread know that no one will change their minds just from the words of someone else's beliefs. The only way that's gonna happen is if someone is reading the answers they wanted to see.

8. I was hoping this thread would die before someone posted, but guess I asked for too much.

There has benn studies showing that atheists/agnostics performed better on tests regarding religion than any other.
    Generally non believers DO know more because they were brought up in the religion and actually looked at it all and used their brains to understand the idiocy.

/thread

9. Atheist are generally ignorant, if not that there in denial

10. Im atheist and i have no problem with christians as long as they don't keep trying to convert me
    Yea once or twice is fine but after that just don't try and ignore the fact I'm atheist
    It doesn't matter about religion
    When i was younger (still atheist) i went to church with my aunt because she asked me to i had no problem and was on my best behavior even talked to the priest for a bit and he had no problem with me so it was fine

11. Because they don't believe in some fake book? Fuck off

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGqrzkFp_4]Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Muslim Version || Spoken Word || Response - YouTube[/ame]

13. [quote name='"voorhee"']Atheist are generally ignorant, if not that there in denial[/quote]

You can't even use the right they're.* Your opinion is invalid.

14. both are wrong.

ometicuhtli, ometicuahtl, lord and lady of duality, the true creators of this universe and the producers of 4 sons of 4 different colors.

15. i'm sure religious understandings and ideas, could be warped over the 1000's of years, kinda like how you tell someone something and they tell another person, then eventually it turns out to be completely different, what im getting at is that, the people long before us probally have a more accurate interpretation of the the bible than anyone today

16. Vs. Pastafarians? :cool:

17. Religon has killed more people than you can count the belief in nothing has killed nothing. Evolution is. obvious we smoke products of evolution daily! Let's be logical people. We can't live in fish snakes don't talk and it takes a dick to get pregnant. And world wide attrocities happen but god loves you. He's the first person you thank for surviving a natural disaster slightly hypocritical ya think.

18. #18 giraffe, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    Forget jesus. The stars died for us. -Krauss, L.

I was raised in a Christian/ catholic home. Went to Christian school, had chapel on wednesdays, church on Sundays. Ive read the bible. I announced myself as a nonbeliever when I was 10 yrs old, why? Cus I have a brain.
    AND I have better character than most "Christians."
    I'm not in denial, and I'm.not ignorant of the Christian religion. I still go to church w my rents sometimes and am shocked to hear the message of the priests sometime.

The church is warped and therefore. So is the religion.

19. #19 Dalton!, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    [quote name='"voorhee"']Atheist are generally ignorant, if not that there in denial[/quote]

Damn bro, you're fucking smart.
    /sarcasm

Lets keep it clean please. Mat369

20. Went to catholic school all my life through graduating high school, meaning I had religious views shoved in my head every day for about 14 years. Pretty much made me an atheist with a better understanding of Christianity than Christians.