Atheists piss me off.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mire, Mar 15, 2013.

1. #1 Mire, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    I'm kinda starting to get pissed about how atheists think that they are the cats pajamas because they don't believe in a god. And then they dismiss anybody that is religious as some idiotic nut job.

I find it funny how they stand behind science even it has been shown time and time again that it has been wrong. Countless theories misproven, yet it is the standard for everything we know?

I think that religion and science have a place in society, but I don't think it should be one-sided. I think it is foolish to hold one higher then another. Most people think they contradict each other, but maybe they don't and we just can't perceive it. Maybe the answer is in both.

I believe there's a lot more beyond what our 5 senses can detect.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Edit: I do not mean all atheists do this. Just some. And it's the same for religious people too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm Atheistic Agnostic, before I start.

Atheism, is as close minded as the religion it ridicules, no one knows. Not the religious, not the anti-religious.

Now I'm predisposed to disbelieving in God, but, if it could be proven that there is a God, well I'd except it.

As for religion having a place in society.... lets agree to disagree. People can believe whatever they want, but it has no place in the planning and building of society. Society needs to focus on one thing, the well bring of its people, and Religion ultimately inhibits human progress.

There is an old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". That's exactly what religion is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Believing in a man made concept causes great sociological effects on individuals who yearn for peacefulness and freedom.

I've said before that religion is like a complex schizophrenia type of disorder. I stick by that.

Also, I'm not an athiest that shits on everyone when I get the chance. I am an individual heavily effected by what a concept has done to this society, this network I live in. I conclude this with fuck religion, fuck condescending people and fuck the lack of connectivey we all have as a whole.

4. But who gets to decide if religion plays a role in society? Who am I to judge ones opinion over another? I think most of us can agree upon the morals behind religions (to an extent).

However, I do disagree on the fact of religion dictating the non religious, or religion being used as an excuse for greed.

In a perfect world, we would not be here. :shrug:

5. yo buddy, i say this all the time and i'll say it again. wasting your time being upset over something so irrelevant is only going to hurt you, not whoever you're upset with. and another thing.. lumping such a large group of people into one 'bad' category is just silly. as i said in another thread, it's like saying all pink lollipops are bad. there is good and bad in every group.

6. If I was In charge the world would be a combination in of Libertarianism and Anarchy, so most people probably think I'm not qualified to make decisions like whether or not religion is important.

Ultimately is just my opinion, I don't know if its right or not, just makes sense to me.

7. That's the joys of science.

We are open to new ideas and theory's and are willing to accept being wrong and changing our views.

Religion likes to think of everything as set in stone and always right when that is obviously not the case, religion breeds ignorance

8. How is this irrelevant? Within the next few hundred years, there is slowly going to be a huge decrease in religious followers and a society based around science and what we see with our eyes.

Faith in a world beyond our own is what drives us to do good. It sets the moral standards for how we should interact.

I am not saying that all atheists act a certain way, I have just noticed a connection between certain atheists and how they treat believers of a higher power.

9. ha, are you saying you want to spend tons of your precious time being angry and resentful to a massive group of people? really? to each their own, and i know some atheists act like dickheads, those are the ones to avoid.

10. That's a pretty big generalization OP

11. Maybe science could be looked at as a religion?

What science and religion have in common is that they are both looking for answer to the all-important questions of the universe.

What happens when science becomes set in stone? What if never becomes set in stone? Does that mean it is flawed?

Religion is not set in stone so to speak. It bends with time, but the principals stay the same. Kinda like science.

12. False.
    Dogmas are not like theories.
    One dictates and the other doesn't.
    Religion is a disease that prohibits the grow of universal wellness, sociological growth and technological growth

13. I'm not resentful towards atheists, I just don't like their point of view, kinda like how a lot of stoners resent people who act like pot is a poison to society.

Maybe my thread subject was misleading.

14. Please elaborate how this "disease" is prohibiting these things?

And I would have to disagree that religion dictates. I was never forced to believe in a god. I was never put in jail because I skipped out on my local church service.

If I strictly follow science, I'm going to die knowing my questions weren't answered, and that saddens me.

15. Which is unfair, but not all atheists think that way. I'm an atheist and I have plenty of theist friends who are very intelligent and rational people.

You're generalizing atheists while calling them out for generalizing religious people. :p

Most atheists are agnostic atheists. There are a few gnostic atheists, but most atheists while not believing in a god admit that we can't know for sure whether a god exists or not. Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive. :confused_2:

16. Ok. First of, the sociological effect.
    Stigmas are created from religion. These stigmas impact society. Society is now caught between an incoherent and inconsequential set of debateable beliefs versus people who refuse to listen to a much more logical point of view.
    Sure, its those bad apples that fuck the religious part right? Wrong. The belief in religion, the dogmas belittle those who do not believe. I have no respect for those that follow a dogma that doesn't not respect individuals, especially me and those alike.
    A technological gap can be recorded through the intervention of religion throughout history.
    Both these factors along with others prohibit the progression of... us.

Religion has beliefs that dictate the system of belief. Ignorant arrogance or arrogant ignorance is a way to describe it.

Plus, I don't follow "science" all the way. It is a system utilized by human beings in order to communicate ideas and so forth. Religion is a projecting and repressing set of beliefs, like it or not. Religion is garbage and no one needs it.

• Like Like x 1

17. I'm not trying to say that all atheists believe that way, I just see a trend in the community.

It goes both ways. I've seen many religious folks who shit on atheists.

There must be a happy medium somewhere...

18. Science and religion dont go together. Religion in my opinion wants to blind what man has discovered.

Yo OP Anyone who angers you conquers you!

19. Religion to me is all about the why with a little how thrown in here and there. Like asking what our purpose is.

Science is more just about how we came to exist, how things work and all that. A little different.