Atheists and Theologians, both of you shut up.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Dougdomo, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently come to the conclusion that the argument for or against a god is completely pointless, and I wish that my fellow Atheists would please stop arguing the point. Most Atheists tend to think logically, for the most part, so from a logical stand point it is 100% impossible to prove or disprove the existence of a god. Albeit, I will say there are more facts to disproving then there are to proving, but in the end I have found it is entirely impossible to disprove. Atheists say that Abiogenesis made the universe, ok what made the big bang? Well then we have brain theory, of which I know little, and string theory, of which I will not pretend I even understand. So these two could have been the starting catalyst for the creation of everything....what made them? You see where I am going. In a logical scientific point of view there always has to be a beginning, so in that aspect, I tend to see why people believe in a "higher power". However, no matter how much you would like to think that you "feel" the presence of a god, no one can provide even a shred of proof that "it" does exist, so the whole argument on both sides falls apart and becomes pointless. Now, if you are trying to argue the point of organized religion being false, go for it. You will find vast bucket loads of logical counter debate, and can even pull facts into the mix to disprove them, and for the most part, that one religion will be left defenseless. However, an Atheist trying to 100% disprove the existence of a god is almost as pathetic in my mind as a Christan trying to prove the bible is right.

2. To stop talking doesn't help anything. Arguing is more productive than just accepting ignorance.

This is in the wrong section anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.