Atheist Stonners

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Canaja, Jan 17, 2011.

1. What are all of your thoughts on religion?

2. Religion is a just a lousy way of explaining the unknowable, a simple placeholder till the unknowable becomes knowable. For example, Inuit tribes intially thought that the explorers and their ships must have surely been Gods...It was the only way they could explain their arrival since they had not yet devoloped the technology that would explain how the said explorers arrived. We still see much of this today, but we Humans have become very good at explaining the unknowable. For many years people truly believed that we had been created by a God but we now know that we have been crafted and scuplted through billions of years of evolution, this alone has given a blow to religion. As we understand more about where we have come from and how we got here the need for religion will continue to disipate until it is entirely gone.

3. the search function is there for a reason..

4. i agree with you and it can be used to control people

5. It is what it is man, who the fuck knows what exists or doesn't exist? I can choose to not believe in a god, but maybe there is one. Maybe all forms of god exist. However, the problem is that god is a man made concept. Man created god, as a concept, in an attempt to explain the unexplainable. For that reason, god exists if you create him, and doesn't exist if you don't.

Man creates all concepts of an unknown, because unknown is exactly that, it's unknown. So nobody really knows.

6. This. I have seen this thread started many times. Please use the 'search' function. Also, you misspelled stoner. That is all.

7. ok i maybe retarded but where is the search bar?

8. Religion is a joke.
    The poor thing is it's not even a funny joke.

9. #9 weednotcrack, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011

haha,yeah,well, in physicistical math problem,god would be "x", like in algebra :laughing: i think when religion starts forming an organization is when things get tricky.people seem to get manipulated quite easily when there in an organized religion...hmm..i don't know,there's some people that go crazy with religion(radical islam,cults,K.K.K,catholic popes issues with little boys) and then there some people that don't.So i don't think religion is ever going away,just because of a few bad apples.

At least in my opinion

10. i dont have a religion,but im definately not atheist,there could be a god,but im just not sure,sometimes i like to think there is,but like i said im just unsure

11. When I was a athiest, I believed that religion was the cause of the worlds problems... I still kind of think that's true, only, that isn't the only problem this world has.

12. Gives man hope when he needs it most. Yet takes what man needs most and divides it. Each other.

13. "God" should come from within..

Religion is a way of bringing spirituality out of the personal domain and placing far too much control in an external figure.

I think people should definitely be spiritual if they have spiritual feelings and tendencies in them, but relying too much on people to tell you how to feel/behave and interpret your thoughts/experiences is just dangerous in my opinion.

If anything, organized religion is something that holds people back from arriving at their own true spiritual identity (and instead aims at having those people latch on to [and defend with their strongest efforts] their own doctrine of how the world is/should be) . . . .

14. :hello: