Atheist ideaology

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Feb 8, 2020.

1. If you aren't spiritual or aren't spiritually receptive, there will always be a disconnect between worldly ideaology and ideology of the kingdom of Heaven.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. So what you're saying is you can't prove he's real but you'll quote words that apparently come out the mouth of this god..
    How can something that isn't real talk :confused_2:

3. You're hilarious. I'm sure your little internet prayer rid all us dirty atheists of our inner demons You also make assumptions that atheists became so by default. I was raised in the church and tried many times to open up to it when I was younger, but I was constantly singled out and made to feel like less because I couldn't just fall in line like everyone else. It wasn't ok for me to have questions, doubts, or interests in other beliefs and I couldn't stop myself from asking the tough questions. I eventually grew up and realized that religion added absolutely zero benefits to my life, confused my natural morals, and made me feel bad about myself. If god were real and wanted to take hold in my heart, he had ample opportunity to do so. Either god's not real or he failed at his job. I'm sick of Christians assuming that, because one doesn't believe, they must not understand. Trust me, I understand. I spent 13 years with daily devotions in school, went to catechism, was confirmed, and had religion classes every semester of every year of my young life. There's nothing anybody could say or do at this point to change my mind because I've already had all of those internal conversations. There's no sense revisiting something that I've already wasted so much of my life on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. If He talks He must be real, huh?

I entered this thread with a comment about Atheists always stating they don't believe anything, while in the same breath they'll continue telling you about their beliefs.
    Here's another one. Atheists will insist you can't prove a negative, while demanding Christians prove a negative. To the point of insisting they are brainwashed with stupidity if they can't.
    This must be what it's like to have a conversation with AOC.

5. Wow. What a sorry assed church that must have been. Seems to be common, though.

6. Any person who your ideaology is vehemently opposed to really.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. You keep bringing this so called god up & how great they are I just want proof that this God is real.

That's all I want proof which you or nobody else here seems to have, so until you or anybody else has proof god isn't real imo:thumbsup:

8. You ask for Godly proof from worldly vessels. You are not receptive in the spirit. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door shall be opened to you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. It was a well respected church and two different schools, both of which have great reputations. They teach all the same stuff you learned, I'm sure. It just wasn't for me, and I don't understand why Christians can't be ok with that. I feel no need to prove your god doesn't exist, nor do I have anything personally against Christians or any other faith. What I get tired of is people assuming I'm atheist for reasons like you do...that I went to a bad church or something. Nope...the entire idea of faith in god seemed foreign to me from an early age. The backlash I got was not from my pastors or teachers, it was from my fellow students.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. So there's no proof then dude lol

11. I didn't go to a religious school but I had to take Religious Education in school.. I argued that God wasn't real in my exam & got a pass:laughing::laughing:

12. What necessity does evidence fill? And seeking can also be equated to inquiring. Try that. Be receptive, with all due humility.

You are very receptive in the mind but I feel your spirit wants to kinda "do a front-flip" and turn to that inquisitive side.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. You've been told. It's right here in this thread. But you don't want to hear it.
    To us, it is the power of salvation. To you, it is foolishness because you can't discern spiritual things. It's right under your nose, but you can not discern it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. The only God that's in this thread is the word "god" :rolleyes:

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Aren't you the one who said Lutheran?
    Are you aware that when Martin Luther left the Catholic church he brought a handful of Catholicism with him? Little things like baptizing babies, the Eucharist, etc.
    Today the Lutheran church is dividing. Half of them support gay marriage and the other half reject it. Sounds like a house divided to me. It gives me the impression not a lot of Bible teaching going on there.
    I don't intend to single out one denomination over another. It's just that popularity don't make a person, or an institution faultless. I never met Billy Graham. He was very popular and respected, but I can't imagine him without his faults.

16. You mean, good people who care for the girl's welfare would try to help her through this. Meanwhile, the rapist is on a short rope and will eventually be caught... all this is according to world dynamics and a physically invisible line that divides the world into those who care and those who don't... If this is what you perceive as god or evil then we are on the same page... If you call god a he or whatever and think it's some kind of entity roaming the unseen world you may want to adjust that thought... Spirit of good Samaritan is Grand and is not an entity... if you get my drift...

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Again....... blaming God for what man does.
    Let alone blaming Him for manufactured scenarios.

18. That's all we ever did was Bible study. I still have verses memorized against my will, lol. Also, keep in mind that the last time I was anywhere close to part of a church was in 2004, well before LGBTQ issues became a mainstream topic of conversation. With that being said, I'm bi, and I repressed that side of myself due to the church until years after when I finally learned to love and accept myself for who I am, instead of feeling ashamed. I'm all for the church accepting openly LGBTQ members. It's a good place to start mending relationships and making us feel welcome for once. I can't imagine how many closeted Christians there are out there for the simple fact that they're ashamed to come out even to themselves. I know what that feels like. Anyway, sorry, tangent.

19. Where? I'm stating that your religious gid is an entity with a persona.. he, she, it, etc... that's not the Spirit of good samaritan.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. It is interesting how a thread about atheistic ideology contains primarily discussion about Christianity.

Then again it is easier to attack and question someone elses ideology than defend your own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1