Atheist are stupid for thinking something came from nothing?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by duck hut, Aug 6, 2011.

1. #141 m00zix, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Well duh, we all take a level of values and lessons from our experiences, but it is irrational and lazy to take the ultimate question/s on faith and faith alone. Again, mine and I'm sure many other's here only have a gripe with those that literally interpret the bible as fact and the word of God. it's sickening and poisonous.

I too am pantheist to a degree.

2. Because I'm real, but how do you know I'm real, you don't. Fuck my head hurts.

3. I'm very curious about this. How do these hallucinations affect you as a "functioning member of society?" I assume you don't drive and wonder what else it hinders.

4. You are as real as me and I KNOW that. If I'm fake, your fake. But we are real in the sense of objective reality. Subjective interpretation is open to the possibility of being fake.

5. I'm just challenging your thoughts with "I think therefore I am."

6. people who think that atheist think something came from nothing are stupid. ive never met an atheist whos opinion on creation is that everything came out of nothing, they tend to think science has a bit to do with it.

7. i haven't forgotten anything.

science is not a religion and people dont put "faith" in science the same way that religious people put faith in their chosen deity. making that comparison shows how deeply one has thought about the topic :rolleyes:

the last sentence is highlighted because i find it ironic.
    firstly, if anyone has to prove anything, its the religious peoples making the claims.
    secondly, for people that base their beliefs completely on faith and not proof, they sure do demand a lot of absolutes.
    [​IMG]

i wish them the best of luck proving any of their claims. till then i'll stick with the real world.

8. That's not challenging at all. That actually sums it up pretty well. Consciousness thinks, therefore it is. ;) We are all one reality. One consciousness. The little pebble of sand just can't fathom the whole beach..

9. But science is a creation of man, how could science create something that created it?Because science is just the word we assigned a natural process.

But no that's not what I mean, check the first few pages, basically when you argue it back from humans, to ancestors, to origin of life, to how the world was created it all leads back to nothing.

10. I'd disagree, if we were all of one consciousness, wouldn't we be able to feel each other, should we be able to transfer ideas to one another instantly? How do we each have different ideas racing through our brains, if we are all one consciousness.

The little pebble of sand can fathom the other pebbles around him touching.

11. To me, science is a quest for answers. A way of control. Religion/spirituality is a search for understanding also, but it also has a different basic understanding to reality it is based off of. They each create a different path of interpretation to the same reality. Once they can combine, true knowledge can be found. Religion is unnecessary though, because it causes the same evils it tries to avoid.

12. science is not a creation of man. its the word we use to define what exists by natures laws

gaseous clouds and rocks with microscopic life exist in space, its by a process that these create life

and why dont I ever see people who believe in god think that god created life, through these processes. Why is it so many creationist think god just made whats around us, I think god could have made science and evolution

13. I assume you understand the implications of the quote o_O It means you can not prove anything is real outside of your own consciousness, just because you process something does not mean it is reality. Just the reality you experience.

14. Well how do you know one day we couldn't? The way I see it, it was completely possible, until we used science to create external technology instead. Now we use rational findings to create external stimuli instead of our internal processes. I mean I have no idea how we would go about making it possible, but I no dolphins and many other animals have the ability to perceive sonar and other radiofrequency waves, so why not us eventually? Some day we may speak telepathically and not even need a voice. :smoke:

15. Eh, I'm all about science and I'd still call it a creation of man. The things it studies are not, of course (but idealists would argue :laughing:).

16. Are you claiming the subjective reality is god itself then? I agree with this idea, but I just include the external stimuli also.

17. [quote name='duck hut']But science is a creation of man, how could science create something that created it? Because science is just the word we assigned a natural process./QUOTE]

Pretty sure I clarified science wasn't a creation of man, sorry I just like to ask a question and then answer it myself later on in the same post.

18. no i dont drive......
    last time i did.....

as far as being a "functioning member of society?"...90% of my human interaction is here.....
    i spend the rest of my time wondering in the mountains.....usually alone....

i havent been a functioning member of society in along time ...
    if i ever really was one at all....

i dont even hear from the people who were once a part of my life.....

i suppose that makes me something like the lunatic hermit.....

except...i have the internet:eek:;):smoke:

its funny ...the people who wrote the books most religion follow....had the same exact type of hallucinations as i do....
    i have posted this link and parts of the article a thousand times .....with little or no response.... Transcendent Experience

19. Um, telepathically and perceiving sonar and radio-frequency's are two different things.

Sonar and radio waves are both external stimuli as-well, it's just like me speaking to you in person.

20. We can not conclusively say what the origins of the big bang were, if that is what you mean. But so what!? That does not render TBBT invalid. Just as I would not say, "trace the creationist idea of the universe back to god. Where did god come from? YOUR VIEWS ARE INVALID."