Atheist are stupid for thinking something came from nothing?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by duck hut, Aug 6, 2011.

1. #381 meddlehaze, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't understand how I'm grouping myself with people who believe in God specifically for a crutch when I have different reasons for belief.

2. #382 meddlehaze, Aug 31, 2011
    I hope you don't interpret my reference to God being a "Him" for having male genitalia. It's deeper than that man

3. Why do you think he is a man, I believe (I'm an atheist) god should be referred to as she because God is the "creator of life" and the "creator of life" in human sense is our mothers for give birth to us, and in the christian sense and many others, god gave "birth" to human life, therefore I'd refer to god as a she.

4. #384 meddlehaze, Aug 31, 2011
    Well I believe He is more than the Creator of life. His nature exhibits a sense of masculinity by being powerful, strong, providing, etc. Obviously girls can exhibit these qualities but generally the male possesses such traits. Thus, causing me to refer to Him in such a manner.

5. I'd completly disagree with you but I understand why you'd call him a male.
    It's not I don't see it, I just don't look at god the way you do.

6. #387 Postal Blowfish, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011

Pick up a bible before putting the followers down. If Jesus is calling the god Father, you can expect his followers to as well. The book itself continually refers to him (OH MY GOD DID I JUST CALL IT HIM???) as LORD.

7. Who cares whether he has a gender, anyway?

8. the whole universe is in a bubble exhaled from god's vagina. true story. if you don't believe me, i'll set you on fire to prove it. :devious:

9. you did it again......;):smoke:

i never once mentioned a crutch....see how you put that on yourself?
    when people talk about problems they have with religion....you often take it as a personal attack on you...when its not......;):smoke:
    there are people who claim to get there ideas/beliefs from the same place as you .....who fucking suck.......and people are going to point that out....!!!!!

but if you are not one of those people......then dont take it that they mean you.......hello?

and just cus you get your ideas from the same place as them.......
    doesnt mean that you put them to use the same way they do?

and most important.....are insults/bad opinions of them insults/opinions on/of you.....if you are not one of them?

10. I'm sorry. I have to disagree with this.

God, if anything, does not possess attributes, but gives allows the universe to have attributes.

How could God have more male than female traits or vice versa when God (in most all religious views) encompasses all that which exists?

Maybe you are correct because you are thinking of the Christian God. Maybe the Christian God is much more limited in description than what I am thinking of.

I don't know how to put it into words, but essentially God is like the mortar that holds the bricks together (and the hand that laid the bricks), but not necessarily the bricks itself.....

11. Nobody has absolute proof of anything in the end lol, neither scientists nor religion.
    We could be super-microscopic beings on a spec of dust on some giant desk somewhere, and we'd never know.
    Although, I tend to lean more towards science, because I find logic and reasoning comforting. Whatever works for ya ( just hopped in the thread didnt read much)

12. Yeah, you didn't use the word crutch. The response you quoted of mine was a reply to someone who categorized all Theists in that sense. I wasn't initially talking to you man

13. I understand. Agree to disagree

14. so you view god more as a force ?

15. While i can understand not believing in God as a defined by any religion, the only thing i don't understand about the atheist point of view is how one who possesses it can claim that there is no God at all. Not because there is any rational argument for the existence of God but because anybody should be able to see how limited our understanding of the universe is.

i mean there is just so much about existence that we know we dont know, compounded with the infinitude of things that we dont even know that we dont know, that to rule out the possibility of a God existing in any form actually isn't rational at all.

16. I understand. However, God is God. "I am who I am." He possesses traits of Himself whatever they may be.

To me, God is limited in certain aspects. He cannot be finite, thus limiting Him to infinity (quite ironic, I know :p). I believe He is perfect, thus limiting Him to perfection (He cannot be imperfect, it'd go against His own nature).

I totally agree with your last statement though.
    Colossians 1:17 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
    Hebrews 1:3 "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,"

17. I feel like I'm more atheist than agnostic.....but I agree with you completely

18. Epistemology is intimidating

19. #400 Rugaroo, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
    What if god isn't god, He's just what we as humans have made to explain existence, maybe we are all ( as humans) describing that same force, but adding in twists of Cultural( or personal) morality and values, and thats why there are different religions?....in the end, we don't know, are we all just describing that force?...and maybe that force is just an even deeper tunnel of things we don't understand but come together in act in a certain way..
    That being, the force. the collective unknown happenings that allow existance to exist.

P.s.- This new bong, is amazing. And so is Jambi/Wings for Marie ( Part 1)
    But really, isn't that another possibility lol?^ So many possibilities.