Atheist are stupid for thinking something came from nothing?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by duck hut, Aug 6, 2011.

1. What happens when I vacuum my carpet :confused: Is a universe created in the vacuum bag!?

2. my rock > yours

3. #323 duck hut, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Well in my experience m00zix has been nothing but a combatant of stupidity, so idk what your issue is, I haven't taken the the time to read the post, but I'm sure it's exactly that, your problem.

edit- i did read the post, I stand by that ^, idt there was any really content to respond to, of course referring to you thinking Atheist and spiritual don't mix.

If we take the definition of spiritual, and not just the assumed definition, you get someone who cares more about themselves feelings than material good, and yes that means an Atheist can just care about being a good person and being happy and not give two shits about money and we'd call him spiritual. by definition anyways.

4. Thanks for your meaningful contribution.

I wouldn't dare consider someone who pretends to speak for what someone else believes by answering a question posed to them, for them, a combatant of stupidity.

So honestly, I don't feel the problem lies with me when someone hops in out of nowhere just to call me an ass for asking a question. But he's made it clear questions offend him anyway, so the action itself is not surprising, however disappointing.

5. how dare you question the nature of god.
    its beyond our thinking.
    except for me, i get it.
    [​IMG]
    cuz im enlightened

6. Religion always tries to put the universe and our existence into terms in which we can understand.

What if we can't and won't understand? What if it's too big for us to comprehend?

7. He called you out for saying atheist and spiritual don't go along, instead of starting a flame war, of like 10 post (both of yours) on BS, you could have defended your statement and moved on.

I only tell you this because I have the felling you think your above him in your actions or something.

Edit- check the edit it was on there like 2 minutes later, there's your meaningful mumble jumble, but like I said your last 5 or so post have been nothing but flaming and BS.

8. So I shouldn't ask a question to clarify when I clearly explained that the juxtaposition of the two statements implied that they are mutually exclusive?

That's not the universe I live in, kiddo. People don't turn into crybabies when they get asked questions over here.

9. I didn't say atheist and spiritual don't mix. Obviously you can't read.

I am above people who pretend to know exactly what someone they've never met means from words they post on a forum. I am above someone who, instead of simply answering a question thats asked, goes on the defensive and whines about negativity and me being an asshole.

Don't like it? Ignore me or answer my fucking questions when they're asked instead of attacking me for asking them.

10. Where have I been "flaming" anyone? Are you in some sort of backwards fucking universe where questioning someones beliefs is insulting?

11. #331 duck hut, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Simply stating something isn't explaining it, I've read the past post you've made regarding your confrontation with M00zix, you haven't explained away anything.

What is that your doing there in your post the bold, is that flaming. weren't you just complaining about this?

12. What in blue fuck are you referring to when you say "simply stating something isn't explaining it"? I asked a fucking question, I wasn't explaining a god damn thing except why I asked the question. Difficult to understand?

I like your loaded question. Who exactly did I name-call there?

13. A loaded question has the answer in it, the bold "crybabies" was referring to m00zix and that is not his names, its a derogatory term.

As for that, idr, i believe I fucked up and thought you were stating atheist have no spirituality, you were questioning it and I see that. m00zix did give the appropriate response though, he explained why he though whoever you were questioning didn't say that, after that, the last page and w/e is above this has be basically useless.

14. Care to show me where I call him a crybaby in that post?

No, he didn't explain "why he thought". He attacked me for asking someone else altogether a question and then just persisted after I explained why I asked it and then proceeded to speak for the poster I had asked the question to in the first place.

I should catalog shit like that so people can understand why I'm so abrasive in these discussions seeing as how shit like this happens all the time.

15. Pretty sure the bold why he feel the OP didn't say they were septet.

If you read from page 20-23, every post, you get the feeling you are referring to him particularly, if I got that feeling I'm sure other would. It's called reading between the lines, even if you didn't intend that directly at him, subconsciously it's still there.

And come on really, you expect just a single answer from the guy who posted, this is a forums website, each post is open for any user to answer that's how it's set up, if you want a private conversation message the individual because you're not going to get in on a thread.

16. Pretty sure I read that. And pretty sure my continued argument means I disagree. Problem?

So you're telling me what's going on in my subconscious now? Are you a wizard? I don't even know what's going on down there.

If I direct a question towards someones beliefs specifically, I expect the response from them, not someone trying to be their spokesperson. The fact that I directed it towards that particular person means I don't give a fuck about anyone elses current opinion on it.

If he wanted to respond he could have easily just explained that he doesn't believe they are different, but then he'd be just agreeing with me, correct?

But no, he decided to answer for the person I specifically asked the question towards. FOR them.

17. No I'm pretty sure you said

Where, his first post was stating the second of his was explaining, clearly two different post and you just call, I'm pretty sure he didn't ignore your response, he explained why he question you, not the same post.

It's call psychology, it's much easier to observe subconscious behavior in someone else than your own self.

Ok and he didn't answer for that person, simply stated he disagreed with what you thought the content of the guys post was, he wanted an answer from you.

He read something differently than you did, and wanted to know why you thought the way you did. He did the same thing you did to the guy about spiritual beliefs.

Again if you want a one on one conversation I suggest you take it off the forums and into private messaging, because notice how the guy you originally asked hasn't posted back yet, probably never will. It's a thread people aren't here for ever.

18. But they weren't really. We all know that.

May I see your PHD?

He did though. And you're doing the same for him, now.

If that's all he wanted, why did he continue arguing after I explained it?
    I have plenty of one on one conversations with people in threads. We're doing it now. I had one with moozor or whatever earlier, and have had several in other threads. Is it that irrational to expect when it happens every day? I don't think it's your call to tell me what kind of questions I can ask where.

19. No but I am sick of you picking post apart, it starts to look like crap, and is unpleasing to the eyes, also it creates to many subtopics to respond to in one post.

But they where, see I can do it too.

No you can't, it's the interweb silly.

No he saw fault and is pointing it out, I'm doing the same.

Because it's stupid and creates, what 3 pages of spam now?

OK that's great that you get one on ones, but what's more common, these forums are meant for many people to discuss ideas, not for a bunch of one v one convos. I didn't say you couldn't ask them, just don't get mad when other people jump in. It's what forums were made for.

20. Then stop responding to me. It's what I do to make sure my points don't get mixed up. You're free to ignore me at any time, brother.

Well you're wrong.

Then don't call it psychology if you're not a practicing psychologist.

You're speaking for him, though.

You're only willfully contributing.

I usually get more one on ones than not.

And I didn't "get mad" that he jumped in. I explained clearly, several times (each time you seem to be missing this point, or just ignoring it, its irrelevant which) that I don't care for people who like to speak for others. It was a question directed towards one specific persons beliefs, and he jumped in to answer for the guy.

Both of you, of which neither were addressed, have drug this situation out far more than if you had just ignored it and let the guy answer for himself (if he so chose). Ignoring it would've prevented this line of posting.

Am I blaming you? Yes. Because it's your fault.