Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Atheism

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YourPerception, Jul 12, 2011.

1. #1 YourPerception, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. So many people fail to see what's in front of them. Science > Religion. Why does atheism have such a bad name?

EDIT: I few people seem to be confused so, I want to clear this up.. I am atheist. The "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature" was only explaining the false realization many religious people have come to have.

2. Um why did you post in this section? Lol

Anyways, atheism is usually given a bad name because there are a lot of assholes who call religious people idiots and they walk around like they are the smartest people to ever live.

Not all atheists are like that though. There are a lot of cool ones actually.

3. Because after thousands of years of tradition and culture to think a new form of thinking that totally calls it a lie is not accepted by everyone

People don't like change because there so accustomed to something else, that's the same reason homosexuals, vegetarians/vegans, and new age thinkers are not socially accepted

4. That's my point, I'm atheist.

5. It's sickening and destructive.

6. God must exist cuz u cant pruv he dont!

I gots them logic skills, I know I know

7. Wrong section. But I am in the same boat.

I am not very religious at all, and my family finds most fault with this. I am not very religious of my families heritage, so it might upset them a little bit. I dont think most people have concrete beliefs even if they are religious.

No arguments, I just hate when people ask me about "God" its usually a delicate and awkward situation.

8. If you post this in the spirituality forum, you'll probably find people that give a shit

9. Hahaha exactly. You can't have a logical discussion or argument with a religious person.

10. Idiots and assholes on both sides. Someone at my school said (she is Christian by the way) that japan got hit by the earthquake because they didn't belive in god, and all the people that survived are people who believe in god. Lol wat.

11. Well yea assholes are the reason atheists get the bad name. Sorry man.

Just don't go around preaching athiesm like Christians preach the bible cause trust me, people will find it offensive and annoying hana

12. I enjoy people who have a religion, because without them the world would be full of impolite queers..

13. I have before, and not many people seemed to give a shit.

14. If somebody can have true faith in something and they're able to commit their lives to it... I don't know, I'm not religious, but dedication like that is almost admirable.

15. i think its just a touchy subject, a lot of people may not want to comment.

also I had to read your post twice before I could reply to it

16. I'm not religious just don't brag about, if your religous too cause it's annoying both ways.

17. The religious illiterate IQ of the world isn't though. People say "I believe in God" and end like that. They stick with tradition and ignore everything around them.

18. Because everybody knows that atheists worship the devil!! Wait......

19. Yeah, that shit's annoying most of the time. I don't care what you believe in, but fuck.. take the time to really consider all the possibilities first. But some people have and they're still a follower of a religion (talking any religion here). Those select few who follow what their religion says because they feel it's right and don't cave in ever (though I don't know if I've met somebody who never has).

... goddamn