Atheism is based of religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Officer burnout, Sep 4, 2012.

1. #1 Officer burnout, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    off* I don't understand because the only reason of your belief is from ours, is there a purpose for atheism?

2. Atheism is not a belief, it is an understanding. We wont thank you for the plight of knowledge, and the insistent demand of religion to censor and repress the truth - Why the fuck would we be grateful for the atrocities you've committed on the world?

3. #3 Officer burnout, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    so you understand there is no God? but do not believe there is no God? I see nothing wrong if everyone lived like Jesus all as equals because we are physically equal under the care of a God. Does Atheism preach peace? Of course several communities will create problems but ONE community will not. From the looks of your attitude it doesn't seem that you would do humanity any good neither as religious people are also humans. One Love

4. Atheism is not a creed, there is no preachment. Atheism is the understanding that, while we cannot disprove the existence of a deity, there is no reason to make the assumption without the requiste evidence in its favour. Furthermore, the institutes of religion can be identified as the cause behind many predujices, misconceptions, exploitations and oppressions prevalent in the modern world, as well as the catalyst for hatred between opposing ideas including political dissonance. This authority, which dogmatic religions proclaim, is unwarranted and without substance, and can be viewed as an affliction on refined civilization; any scrupulous and learned faction should have shed the shackles of such a tyrannous illusion. It remains as an apt reflection of how far we have to strive to allow truth and reason to triumph over deception and fear.

5. No it isn't. There was atheism way before the was religion.

6. How do you come up with this? If you mean that atheism would not exist if religion didn't exist then maybe. But it is not a religion. Atheist don't meet up and preach about gods non-existence. There are plenty of atheist who don't sit around and insult other religions and make it a point to disprove religion they are just atheist because they cannot accept belief in a god. I've tried to open my mind to other beliefs but I can't simply because I can't, Not because i read the big book of atheism, I just CANT.

7. a- without
    theism - belief

next?

8. What about the creation of the universe from the big bang? Isn't that evidence enough of there being a creative force behind the universe?

There was a creation (effect) which would logically require a creator (cause) since everything known to begin to exist must require a cause to set it into motion.

9. Thats like saying its a religion to believe in evolution or matter in general..

Religion revolves around a "purpose" not just a creation.

10. unless you believe in every god ever made up, everyone is an athiest.

11. Isn't looking for proof just another way to believe ? It seems that your waiting for science to prove God's existence.

There is prove though, as its evident in records throughout history of the way Christians percieve God and the way they write their accounts without much other influences. Speaking for myself I never read the Bible the first year of becoming one but through much talking with God in that year realize that after I started to read the Bible the minds and words are very much the same and the central belief is never changed. The spirit is evident in that sense. Thats proof to me, just something science cannot explain but for every human to experience itself. I believe so that religion is not to blame but the people manipulating followers. A true messiah like Jesus was perfect as a human giving us all directions on how to live, If the whole world lived as one then there'll be no problems at all because everyone will love each other as themselves. Money would mean nothing instead people would help each other to the best of their ability.

12. He's talking about one particular evidence in science that can be related to God's creation of the earth.

13. im going to call troll.

14. Before I continue with this I want to make it clear I am not arguing. I dont care what you believe and I dont care if anyone agrees with me Im just discussing.

I dont believe that the big bang theory can be refered to as evidence since it is only a theory as well.

Atheism for me isnt a denial of god, I honestly just cannot believe in one. I have tried but I dont think that way. Maybe I am not considered an atheist, if not then enlighten me, I have tried spirtual programs and meditation etc. and I cannot believe.

15. arguing is foolish your intelligent, yes i agree but really its just one of the little things that helps understanding.

16. Simple as this.

17. Gravity is also a theory.

Theory=The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics)...One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed

18. But the big bang theory still does not include god and cannot be used as proof of god.
    You cant say that gravity proves a god because it is a force that holds us down.

19. I do not believe in god. You are saying that Big Bang theory can't be used as an argument because it is a theory but the word theory in scientific term has a different meaning than usual

20. I didnt say it couldnt be used in an argument, but it cannot be used in an argument as proof of god.