Atheism in the "belt".

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DirtySix, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I was a full believer in god when I was growing up and then later stopped believing.

Excellent?:eek: I forgot to answer your question OP!How is it at all excellent?

Hopefully this one will be even more excellent than my previous reply to my own personal questions about the timeline of your personal regard for religion and belief.

2. amazing how much negative feedback i've received over the course of only 3ish years for being publicly atheist lol

when i meet someone and i learn about their system of belief i don't pry. the only time i ever even discuss any of this shit in real life is if a religion person tries to tell me why i shouldnt be an atheist, or belittles me for being one

the discussions are never born from my prying..

3. Exactly. When someone tells me in person that they believe in god, I just give a simple "I see" or something else polite.

But if they ask, I'll tell them. And 9 times out of 10 it's a "Well, why?" like some great tragic event had to have happened to me to spurn me from gods ways. Some terrible accident I guess.

Then the following happens

"Because I have no reason to believe in one."
    "What about the bible?"
    "There's nothing to suggest the bible is historical in any way"

Then their little heads explode and they try to argue or just walk away in pure rage. It doesn't matter how calmly you explain your position and simply state facts in an inoffensive manner, they will be upset.

Ironically the ones that pry are the ones who really don't want to know the answer.

4. isnt that the truth!!!!!!!!!

people are funny like that tho.....

all the time saying one thing and doing another...

hell most of the time they dont even know what the hell they are going on about themselves.....
    just repeating shit like a trained bird.....

i keep wondering lately......

why didnt the jesus guy write anything down himself?

the guys he hung out with wrote all kinds of shit about him....

did he not think that people would want to hear what he had to say written in his own words by his own hand?

or was he illiterate? can walk on water but can write?
    wtf?
    really?

5. no one wants to hear how alike the stories are....
    cus that means that there stories arnt the only right ones....:eek:;):smoke:

any one with a mind driven to think has to consider possibilities...
    not just those presented....but whatever possibilities you can come up with ....if you dismiss your own thoughts and questions without consideration......then by their own definitions....they are dismissing this god.....and by Egyptian definitions they are dismissing what this god put them here for.....:eek:;):smoke:

once you look thru enough of this mess....
    it starts to become evident that this devil guy.......
    if he should exist....
    would not be our great enemy.....
    but more like our babysitter.....
    here to help make sure we learn as much as we need to about both...good and evil.....

cus if this "god" is real......it made eveything.....
    that means it made this "evil" as well....so it would have to be a part of this perfect being.....

so much of what religion has to say contradicts itself over and over....
    none of it holds up to real scrutiny....
    this is why they get so offended....

cus they dont want to see the truth....they just want to believe what they are told....
    its easier for them that way

so much so ...that they will make shit up...completely pull shit out of their ass when you ask them questions they dont like the answers to.....
    and then pretend you are wrong when you point out that they are making shit up....or that shit makes no sense....

6. i am guilty of prying....:eek:;):smoke:

i always ask them all kinds of questions if they happen to bring the subject up......

7. That line is so true, and dare I say the smarter children become the less they believe their parents lies.

8. Yea I don't know about you but with me they either go on a huge rant about illogical things in an aggressive dominating tone, or they just straight up ignore me in a belittling way (doesn't help that im the youngest adult in my close family circle, thus its always 'when you grow up' despite the fact that I research and can counter points as good if not better than any of them)

Its annoying but whatever, if they ignore me I just move on, and when they rant about illogical crap 'Well the devil is there to test us and so thats why there is evil and gay people exist as a curse to show others and the bible says white skin is a curse and looking at women is a curse and being yourself is a curse lmao' I just show them that same eye rolling, not a fuck is given, you can't prove it, so why don't you grow up and 'be saved' by intelligence rebuttal. Its hilarious how they get frustrated with my lack of weakness and inability to get sucked in by lame stories.

My family is Hispanic Christian extremists (not sure what specifically as they bend and mold rules to fit what they want then push it as the ultimate unquestionable word of god, period, and it MUST be forced at elementary school age). That is probably why I am so against religion, if they were laid back people of faith who wanted a good moral guideline that was reasonable and open I would be a relaxed non believer but their extremist nature (saying god made the toast burn when you leave it on high, or fixed the computer I spent hours sweating over lmao) makes me anti-religious. Whenever someone dies or marries the death and marriage takes second place to praising god, and his son, and his holy spirit over and over....im done I need a bowl. :smoke:

9. Yes, I hate these self-fulfilling prophecies. When they believe in something that doesn't have to follow logic or the laws of physics, they just like to say he can do whatever he wants and you're really just being tested.