Atheism has increased fivefold in United States (1 in 20 Americans)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Bluntzilla420, Aug 15, 2012.

1. :laughing:

2. So there are things god can't do?

3. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']I am Christian. I'm just not delusional about it.[/quote]

How am I delusional?

4. dat dere logic

btw for the record, my unicorn is a woman and does not appreciate being called a man, she might send you to hell for that

5. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

I find it highly unlikely that sitting in a church being prayed over some scientific thing happened that he got cured. Timing seems a little unlikely.. Just my .02[/quote]

I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what that means. Did you forget a word or two?

6. You expect someone to provide evidence that a unicorn has provided for someone, performed miracles, and factual historic documentation for such an entity, yet you have no such evidence for the entity you're claiming exists. It is not a fact that god or a unicorn has provided anyone anything, it is a mere hypothesis yet to be substantiated. It is not a fact that god or a unicorn has ever healed anyone, it is a mere unsubstantiated hypothesis. It is not a fact that the bible or tales about unicorns are historic documentation of real events, it is a mere unsubstantiated hypothesis. Yet, you disclaim one and claim the other to be believable. That is delusion. It's one thing to believe in and follow the teachings of the bible, but it is another thing entirely to believe there was ever a giant arc that carried two of every species in the world when no remnants of such an arc has been found, not evidence of a global flood has been found, and it's not even possible to fit two of every species in the world on a single boat and keep it afloat. I mean, you can watch Little Bear and learn how to share with your friends and be a good person, but you're delusional once you start believing a real talking bear stuck in a cartoon world in the tv taught it to you.

7. I am no derivative, nor a man, i am eternal and divine. Revere me!

8. Excellent form, Ken.

9. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

You expect someone to provide evidence that a unicorn has provided for someone, performed miracles, and factual historic documentation for such an entity, yet you have no such evidence for the entity you're claiming exists. It is not a fact that god or a unicorn has provided anyone anything, it is a mere hypothesis yet to be substantiated. It is not a fact that god or a unicorn has ever healed anyone, it is a mere unsubstantiated hypothesis. It is not a fact that the bible or tales about unicorns are historic documentation of real events, it is a mere unsubstantiated hypothesis. Yet, you disclaim one and claim the other to be believable. That is delusion. It's one thing to believe in and follow the teachings of the bible, but it is another thing entirely to believe there was ever a giant arc that carried two of every species in the world when no remnants of such an arc has been found, not evidence of a global flood has been found, and it's not even possible to fit two of every species in the world on a single boat and keep it afloat. I mean, you can watch Little Bear and learn how to share with your friends and be a good person, but you're delusional once you start believing a real talking bear stuck in a cartoon world in the tv taught it to you.[/quote]

Ok it's not a fact God is real. But I choose to believe he is one way or another. Make me delusional? Then so be it.

EDIT: I was being facetious with those questions about the unicorn. Obviously unicorns aren't real. Or maybe they are :devious:

10. [quote name='"cranegame"']

I'm sorry but I honestly don't understand what that means. Did you forget a word or two?[/quote]

I was saying I highly doubt that a kid who was crippled got cured, and someone would be able to scientifically explain it. The timing (him in a church being prayed over) is a little more than a coincidence. But that's just my opinion once again

11. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

I was saying I highly doubt that a kid who was crippled got cured, and someone would be able to scientifically explain it. The timing (him in a church being prayed over) is a little more than a coincidence. But that's just my opinion once again[/quote]

Ah okay thanks for clarifying. I'm not saying one way or the other because I don't know anything about the case. I'm just curious as to his definition of a cure from God.

12. I didnt say that.:smoke:

13. Ben Franklin was not an atheist. Albert Einstein was not an atheist. For the others, I can't speak for them.

14. Religious people make me laugh

15. Atheists make me laugh

16. Dave Chappelle makes me laugh.

17. Grasscity makes me laugh.

18. Hindu's make me laugh

19. The only thing I hate about atheism is when i die, I won't know if I was right but I'll know if i was wrong.