Atheism has increased fivefold in United States (1 in 20 Americans)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Bluntzilla420, Aug 15, 2012.

1. 1001% of all memes come with bibliographies true story. that's 1% more than the percentage of statistics that are made up on the spot

2. [quote name='"Permafade"']
    And how incredibly convenient is that? If I wanted to convince people to base their entire lives around a fairy tale, I would say that there would never be any tangible evidence that the story was true, until one moment in the unknown future, at which point you will either be fucked or saved. And just in case people tried to wise up, I would say "Nope, I knew this would happen. Believe without seeing. Fuck da haters."[/quote]

There's really no point in replying because it's not like either one of us is going to make a point and the other ones gonna be like, oh shit he's right, I'm gonna stop being an atheist

3. Lol, irrelevant meme is irrelevant. Ben Franklin?

Seriously?

4. I brought this up at work with a friend. The whole fact that people are becoming less religious in the US, it's all in the statistics.

One religious guy in the break room who happened to be the only one in there got pissed for no reason and started yelling that my 'assumptions' were 'bullshit' and that he didn't believe that. I was like, alright buddy, it's not my opinion and I'm not down talking religion I'm just stating the obvious.

Honestly, with all the people I see smoking, drinking heavily and having sex outside of relationships with multiple partners...and so on...you can't even believe God (in the Christian form) is a serious factor in life these days. If it were, people would be way more charitable and we wouldn't be slaving away for dollar bills and being party animals. Sure, there's still religious people around but I feel there's way more atheists/agnostics and half of those who do say they believe in God are hypocrites because they follow nothing of what he would have expected. When I went to high school, let me just say...if more people followed God I would have never known it. The 21st century USA is much different than it was 100 years ago.

5. They say the higher the IQ the least likely you are to be religious but I doubt that's the case now..probably more around the lines that it's cool to be atheist now and taboo to talk about god in public

6. No wonder the US is going to shit :D

[​IMG]

7. [quote name='"Superweener"']

Lol, irrelevant meme is irrelevant. Ben Franklin?

Seriously?[/quote]

It was a meme about atheism...in a thread about atheism.. Please remind me what was irrelevent about it

8. Saw that meme and Einstein was spiritual and believed that something did create the universe and it's laws but didn't limit it to a specific religion..same as me :)

9. I love how pedantic this thread has become because of a picture.

10. Figures. All these Atheist sinners are like a plague. You have one try to turn someone else into a no good Atheist, and so on. Atheism is nothing but bad. God will show us. Read a bible and be saved. Believe.

11. [​IMG]

He'll show ya, alright.

12. Preach brother Crunge!

13. [quote name='"Easy Going"']God made it very clear this would happen. Humans would become arrogant and think they are the smartest and dont need any God.
    Shame! God will come and wipe em all out though. Pray guys! Be saved![/quote]

No its not that we dont need god its that there is ZERO actual evidence of the existence of any god ever

14. [quote name='"Xitl"']

No its not that we dont need god its that there is ZERO actual evidence of the existence of any god ever[/quote]

Zero is going a little far...

15. Calling it evidence is going a little far...

16. Everyone likes watching the movie and recognizes its actors but no one acknowledges the director behind the lense..

We see what nature programs us to see without questioning natures power to do so.

17. I'm glad people are waking up. I live my life as a basically good person. I've never stolen (physical property, I've been known to use TPB), I've never been in a fight, I respect everybody that deserves respect, etc. I don't need a God or a religion to dictate how I live my life in order to know what's right and what's wrong.

I've read plenty of posts on this forum saying "What if God is real? Don't you want to be saved?" I find it absolutely absurd that people follow Christianity just in the off chance that hell really exists. I'd rather live my life how I feel is right and if I am wrong, well I guess I deserve the punishment. Also I don't understand how people honestly believe it's right that God would forgive rapists and murderers but not atheists and Jews. I can see not forgiving atheists and that's fine, but to basically say they're worse than somebody like Jeffrey Dahmer?

Sorry for ranting but I'm a devout atheist and knowing that the atheist population is rising makes me happy.

18. Unnecessary. Obviously the dude was playing around.

19. [quote name='"Sam_Spade"']

Calling it evidence is going a little far...[/quote]

How? You were in my other thread so you know I've posted a bunch of stuff that is evidence

20. [quote name='"HookedonPhonics"']

Fuck off[/quote]

I'm fuckin' Atheist-Agnostic. Chill the fuck out.