Atheism Challenged

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PuffDragon76, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Well agnostics or nonbelivers are not the same thing as atheists. Atheists BELEIVE there is no god, because there is no proof that there is no god, and it has only slightly more validity than organized religion.

2. Time for insults are over, sister. I put myself out there in a friendly way like 8 times after the original naughtiness, so if you can't say something constructive without attacking me personally, then question your mental health. You people have a lot of anger. Whoever flames afterwards simply has a chip on their shoulders and I have to pity them.

I now know that the theist debate is a dead horse being flogged. Instead of getting an answer to my honest and friendly inquiries, I get insults.

Whatever, my life is great, I make good money, I have a beautiful wife, 2 cars a dog and a great garden, lots of pot to smoke with lots of friends. I give people the benefit of the doubt and believe all people reflect nature and the universe and I hope theists don't get together in organized groups EVER because it would not be a healthy place...

Peaf..er Peas...um...Peace. I need a lobotomy.

3. Who says atheists organize themselves in groups and go to their own personal cult meetings? They don't believe in god, it's a typical label you would receive if you were black, but blacks aren't in secret underground societies.

First of all, you are telling someone to prove something doesn't EXIST before anyone in the room has even seen the deity. I once heard there was a sea monster in my backyard lake, PROVE to me it does not exist, i forgot to mention i also heard he can turn invisible and fly.

That's basically what you're ASKING an ATHEIST to do.

I'm sorry you believe that, i'm sure most atheists believe you are very unintelligent and would follow any religion which your group, peers, or friends also followed, and BLINDLY at that.

4. People are stupid. People take you seriously because they assume you are stupid, and need to be taught.

5. all you guys are doing anyways is giving this dude a reason to keep saying stuff

6. Just to sum up. I see God everyday. In the skies, in the sea, in the food I grow, in the pot I grow, God is everywhere. We are amidst a physical universe that can take your breath away and some people will feel a divinity to it and some people will not. There's really not much to intelligently argue on Atheism, it's just people who see things the opposite way. Of course to me it seems like atheists are a lot like ostrichs because if I were not a believer, I would say, I have no evidence God exists therefore I do not know 100% EITHER WAY as God has failed to produce himself to me.

Anyway that's just my take.

We should have put a rule that you need to smoke a fat joint before posting and I think the responses would have been better, hehe.

7. Everyone just needs to turn to Islam and all their questions will be answered.

8. This is why I just describe myself as non-religious, rather then atheist.

There will always be some smart ass who will try to define MY beliefs for me.

9. I don't believe in God according to the bible, as I can't believe in what I cannot see, touch, smell, or otherwise experience.

I believe that it's possible he exists, anything is possible. Even that which is commonly thought not to be.

10. My cousin is a nun.

:confused:

11. Is she hot?

12. I'm an atheist, I'd love to argue with anyone about it. I require the person I argue with to have logical points though, and clearly you don't have any.

You are stupid.

13. I've only seen her thrice. She looks asian, I don't know how. She's a confusing one for sure.

14. Atheists shouldn't need to argue that god doesn't exist. Atheism is just the continuation of the natural state. Those who believe in god don't have to disprove my every belief if there is not evidence why should religion any different. Believers are who created the theory so they should supply evidence for why they support the theory. I have no reason to even give credibility to the idea of a god if it is claimed without evidence.

15. I'm not going to pretend that I've read every post in this thread. I have simply read your own original post and here's what I have to say about said post.

I call myself an Atheist in the sense that I am without theism, I do not subscribe to any "Church of Atheism" nor do I agree with many of my own atheist friends. I am (I'd like to think) an intelligent, informed member of society and my number one moral is to not interfere in other people's lives. You are however, being incredibly disrespectful, generalizing a large group of people and in doing so making yourself seem rather foolish and ignorant. I hope you realize one day what you're saying and how disrespectful is really is.

That's all I have to say.

16. #77 rohawkj, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    first off, let me start by saying that you do not have to teach both sides of a debate if one side of it is a load of crap. religion is a destructive force that has brought great pain and suffering into the world. how come you can not accept that you descended from apes? it is just pathetic to be so insecure about your biological superiority to a group of feces-flinging, purple buttocked monkeys, that you have to make up fairy tales, like 'we came from adam and eve', and then cover stories for adam and eve like 'intelligent design'. yea, leaving the earth in the hand of two naked teenagers, THATS a real intelligent design! I am sorry folks, but it may just be that life is a series of random events, and that there is no master plan.
    so let me restate my thesis.. there are not always two sides to every issue! if there were, the republicans would have an opposition party. and even an opposition party could point out that even though there is a debate about this in schools and in government, there is no debate about this among scientists. evolution is supported by the ENTIRE scientific community. intelligent design is supported by george bush. are you listening? the reason there is no debate here is because intelligent design is not a real science. its the equivalent of saying that a thermos keeps hot things hot and cold things cold because its a God. Thunder is high pressure air meeting low pressure air, it is not God bowling.
    as for me? i believe in evolution AND intelligent design. i believe God created us in his own image, but then again i also believe that god is a monkey.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmUvhKr9SPk&feature=PlayList&p=521ED3BA936B7D81&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10]YouTube - Best of Bill Maher on Religion[/ame]

18. shit just watch anything with bill maher at least he isnt scared to tell people the truth

19. That's okay, I have everything I need in this life. Being stupid must make me happier than you, so I'm happy and you're miserable...right? Right. And by the way, I prefer the term Simple, not stupid unless you're trying to insult someone, but I assume you weren't.:p

Just a simple observation but why post that you can't argue with someone??? Hey I'm stupid, but you gotta be lonely and miserable, so I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Don't feel bad that I'm stupid though, I'm good looking so it helps me get by.

Lol, I come in peace little hater, I mean you no harm. Don't shoot more hate, just smoke a j and read the funnies.