Atheism Challenged

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PuffDragon76, Sep 15, 2009.

1. you suck

2. #22 rex8000, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    Hahahaha. This. :smoke:

Edit: Way to cop out with "it was a joke" ... I mean...you seemed pretty serious. What were you expecting? The blades to be like, "hey great perspective! Cheers!"

3. nicely said, +rep

4. So we're making this about the OP and not debating the differences between atheists, theists, and agnostics?

5. You all know what's odd though? I was just intending to be silly and funny. Some of you guys really are touchy, sorry if I offended anyone.

As for agnostics, don't knock someone who is brave enough to say "I'm not sure". It's the most honest answer, is it not?

Here's one for the atheists:

In a dream I felt myself rising through the sky, over the clouds and into the light of the sun where I saw an angel. She was so beautiful it made me cry. When I awoke, tears were streaming down my face. How vivid. Are your dreams colourful and vivid atheists? I truly wonder...

Here's to those who make the leap of faith and to those honest enough to see the world in it's true colours. Here's to those who try to make people's lives a little better, who try to bring people a little closer together because you're doing what the world needs right now. Maybe even the atheists would agree?

I think I'll head to the humour forums, probably have a better time...lol

Peace.

6. Puff this forum is for serious discussion on the subject, you shouldn't have posted it in here if you were just trying to be cute.

7. No athiests only dream in black and white.

Just kidding, that's nonsense. What actually happens is that God realizes that atheists do not believe in it and therefore deems all athiests as unintelligent animals. Everyone knows that only intelligent animals dream. God realizes that athiests must be dumbasses to not believe in it, and therefore takes them off the 'intelligent creatures' list and in turn takes away all of their DMT receptors and instead replaces them unicorn phlegm - which everyone of course knows is poisonous to one's mental stability.

Does that answer your question?

8. Puff, there's been no flaming really though, just some serious discussion...sounds good to me. ^^

9. #29 ryeguy, Sep 15, 2009
    Man, and I was having an excellent discussion on this topic in another thread too. This really feels like it cheapens the whole idea.

Stoli, you're full of shit. If someone says that they aren't sure if a god exists or not, then let them have their opinion. They don't know! That's all there is to it. What gives you the right to push them one way or another? That's the shit that gives both atheists and theists a bad name.

Everyone is more than welcome to their respective beliefs, but to suggest that Atheists do not believe in god for the same reasons that theists do is inane. A theist is someone who can accept intangible evidence as fact. An Atheist is one that requires some tangible proof.

As far as agnosticism, that's fine too, they just aren't sure. A god might exist, or maybe not, they aren't sure because the proof isn't in.

That's all there is to it. Arguing the points over and over again in this way is what makes both groups absolutely insufferable. Why are YOU right, but everyone else completely wrong? Maybe you should spend more time questioning your own firmly held beliefs rather than those held by others. I direct this to all of you, not just the theists. What we need to establish is a sense of respect for each other and our beliefs.

As far as suggesting that atheists cannot dream as vividly as theists... wow. Really? Dreams have absolutely nothing to do with theism. Or maybe people who believe in many gods have even BETTER dreams because many gods influence them!?! I am occasionally able to lucid dream, and I am atheist. In such dreams, I am able to do whatever I wish and create whatever colors I desire.

What influenced that question? I'm actually really curious. Is that a common misconception among theists?

10. #30 guyverman, Sep 15, 2009
    Do you believe in any form of god now? No? Then you are an atheist agnostic. If yes then your a theist agnostic(more often agnostic deism).

11. This statement should show that the labels of 'theism' and 'atheism' are entirely pointless altogether.

If it's so bad we have to determine theist agnostic or atheist agnostic, and actually split neutrality down the middle... The show has run for too many seasons, if you catch my drift.

12. If you believe in a faith you are not smart
    If you do not believe in a faith you are not smart

I've realized that no one can ever be 100% sure what is out there.
    May as well live life however the hell you want and hope you're right.

edit: I had a few inappropriate sayings i took out.

13. I don't believe either way. I accept that it's possible for God to exist, but personally I can't put all my faith in something that won't even say hi once in awhile.

14. these threads depress me, but i keep reading them, its like a car crash.
    But instead of cars hitting stuff its just both sides being like "Let me believe what I want" how about someone starts it off by just accepting the other. Like if a theist come up like "Change your ways sinner" don't turn and be like "No change your ways jackass" instead just ignore it, don't flame back it only begets more flaming

15. The definition of the word mb?

My point is we're all theists and atheists, even if your almost completely agnostic, you have a slight preference. Completely neutral would be impossible to maintain. :p

16. As far as suggesting that atheists cannot dream as vividly as theists... wow. Really? Dreams have absolutely nothing to do with theism. Or maybe people who believe in many gods have even BETTER dreams because many gods influence them!?! I am occasionally able to lucid dream, and I am atheist. In such dreams, I am able to do whatever I wish and create whatever colors I desire.

What influenced that question? I'm actually really curious. Is that a common misconception among theists?

Sorry if that was insulting, but I just wonder out of curiosity. I just assume there would be an emptiness or if atheists did indeed dream such dreams, if they would ponder the perennial philosophy?

17. Pot meet kettle and all that rot.

18. Think about it this way: It is a fantasy or not a fantasy. But it if it a fantasy it just might be a final fantasy and you get to hang out with these dudes

[​IMG]

19. So far I've heard alot of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet," if you catch my drift...

20. My post was intended to provoke a debate and maybe it was a bit TOO cheeky, but what's with all the haters? If this is the BEST counter culture community as the site suggests, shouldn't we abide to article 2 of the rules and not say anything hurtful?

Granted I called atheists sookie babies, but I was baked and thought it was hilarious, obviously silly and meant to provoke a type of atheist that is:

a) intelligent
    b) good natured
    c) enjoys a good "diametrically opposed debate"

As far as my personal beliefs, I am non religious / pagan / christian / buddhist / taoist. I take what I feel is true from all religions and use it to build my temple to God. If God does not exist, which I can not disprove, I will be nothing more than a moral and ethical animal. I am curious to what lies beneath the atheist and I wanted to understand more about them.

For example: What about 2012, atheists? Do any of you have hope for the future despite not believing that this was all pre-ordained and is basically a grand theatre of people enjoying God's most divine gift...FREE WILL.

Why would God create an imperfect race and leave them alone, never showing his/her/it/their face? I believe it's because we would cease to have free will or do things on our own accord. We would never live our true natures.

In the future, I think I'll be less silly when using the word Atheist because I've never been flamed so much in my life.

Oh and a few other questions for atheists...do you believe in Extra sensory perception and psychic powers? What about ghosts? Do you ever get depressed that when you die, there is nothing but void? How do you explain what happens when you meditate. Do you believe in chakras and energy centres? Can an atheist believe in magic? Do you ever have great moments in life that make you go....maybe I'm agnostic?

So far, my first impression of atheists (as a newbie to all discussion groups) is they are primarily a group of very angry, logical, agitated people that hate christians and talk of God and can not tolerate silly humour.

The one that hurt the most was YOU SUCK.

Peace Atheists.