ATF: Illegal to sell guns to med marijuana users

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by steveo420, Sep 29, 2011.

1. (AP) HELENA, Mont. - Firearms dealers in states that regulate medical marijuana can't sell guns or ammunition to registered users of the drug, a policy that marijuana and gun-rights groups say denies Second Amendment rights to individuals who are following state law

ATF: Illegal to sell guns to med marijuana users - CBS News

2. WHAT?!?

what a rip off, you cant protect yourself like the constitution says, just because you smoke weed. They should do the same to alcohol users too..... and all the other drugs.....

3. agreed. Id much rather there be a gun in a marijuana users hand than alcohol. Whats this world coming to.

4. Its only if you acknowledge that your a MMJ patient by talking about it or using your card as I.D. So nothing is going to change...

5. ^ What do you mean? I can't buy my .223 rounds with my MMJ card? What's the world coming too!

6. When i get drunk, im more likely to shoot my wife, and then myself.
    When i get high, im more likely to eat a bag of chips, 2 whole pizzas, some cookies, and half a cake.

Its sad that a person cant buy a gun if tbe smoke marijuana, whats am i gonna do? Shoot my snacks?

7. Well, today they're barring mmj users from guns `n ammo. Tomorrow, you're going to have to pee in a cup for them.

8. just dont say you are a mmj patient when you go buy a gun.

9. Ridiculous

10. Absolutely retarded. If anything weed makes us less likely to pull a trigger.

11. #11 stoned4sure003, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    I think the ATF is trying to jingle the proverbial keys in order to distract us from the fiasco that resulted in firearms being sold to the mexican drug cartels by them. Not to mention this could blow up into a very big civil rights issue.

12. ATF is doing this, not the dealers themselves. In MOST states you have to get a background check in order to be able to legally own a firearm. When they do the background check you're in your state's MMJ system, so that'll make you unable to get a gun. It isn't just as simple as not using your MMJ card as a form of ID...

13. Well I guess it's ok to sell automatic weapons to the cartels, but them damn medical marihuana patients are a ruthless bunch and can't be trusted.

14. That's fucking ridiculous! So it's okay for idiots to be alcoholic and buy guns, but the Constitutional right to bear arms and DEFEND OURSELVES gets stripped because we smoke/ingest a flower found in nature. No wonder the ATF subpoena'd the state for its' patient directory. Fuck the fed and fuck obummer. What a liar. I'm voting for the only man who will defend our constitutional rights and our freedom...Ron Paul 2012!

15. How many violent crimes are related to alcohol

How many crimes in general are related to cannabis apart from crime of using it.

Yeh like others have said i would rather a stoner have a gun than a drunk guy.

16. This could be the time when Marijuana users fight back against all of the discrimination and oppression we have been through! This is absurd that marijuana users constitutional rights are being denied just because they happen to enjoy smoking a plant ,often times as their only form of recreational drug use, not even tobacco or alcohol.

17. i think maybe they are supporting illegal gun sales? so they can spend money to bust people?

or maybe just straight up stupid....

18. I'm not sure if it can work like that. I mean your medical files are pretty protected by law. Ever go to a hospital to see someone and ask the nurse at the desk how they are doing... they can't tell you, only tell you where the room is. For the gunshop/atf to get ahold of the mmj list I'm pretty sure a federal law would have to be broken.

19. Is the ATF under the Department of Justice?

Then perhaps we could get the AG to send them a copy of the mighty memo,,,you know the one,,that told federal prosecutors not to harass legal medical marijuana patients,,to this bureaucratic agency also.

20. *****h please, I owned a CA-legal AK47, 12 gauge shotgun, and what not... this is going to backfire so hard in ways they don't see coming.