Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ate way too much brownie

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KoolHaus, May 22, 2015.

1. So I had never tried edibles before about a week ago. I bought a few and did some reading. They are supposed to be more powerful than smoking I tried to prepare myself because my tolerance is quite low even smoking.

I was told to eat a whole brownie but I wanted to test the waters and had only a half the first night. It was awesome came on about an hour after I ate it. I got giggles, real nice body high relax, could function I felt in control the whole time it was awesome and had great sleep.

Waited a few days and ate the other half. This time it was WAY different. I am not sure if the brownie wasn't made properly like maybe the oil wasn't spread evenly in the brownie. This time I went insane.

I started feeling it about 15 minutes from when I ate it. On an empty stomach. It was OK started off feeling like the first half but then I just kept climbing and climbing.

I had hallucinations and freaked out, I went into a panic. I lost my grip on the situation. I tried to focus on doing other things. I gave my SO a foot rub. And I could see the blood under her skin like those Chinese foot maps that tell you where to press to heal certain organs. Lie I could see the flow of blood to each different point. That was pretty damn cool.

But I was so high it was unpleasant and caused a lot of anxiety, heart beat was fast could feel it though my SO assured me I was fine and she's a nurse so that helped me calm down. I knew I wasn't dying and knew my heart wasn't going to stop but my mind was racing I tried to focus and couldn't. Its as if my mind was on overdrive and my brakes weren't working.

Time started to play tricks on me, I thought time was going backwards at one point. I was confused. Not a good high at all.

Is it possible I had a mini psychedelic experience? Whenever I ate something the taste just lingered in my mouth, I accidentally ate a piece if grapefruit thinking it was an orange and it was terribly bitter, so I brushed my teeth and the minty feeling was kind of uncomfortably minty.

Since this experience I think I am going to cut the brownies into 8ths and eat a piece and wait a couple hours to see what happens and to build a tolerance with smaller dosages.

Any suggestions/feedback? I have smoked myself stupid before but thus was some cartoon high like fear and loathing in las Vegas level high.

2. What is a SO? And the technique you said at the last part seems good, make sure you're in a comfortable environment and aren't sleep deprived or anything like that, it's guaranteed anxiety, good luck :)

3. #3 enjoyandlive, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    It's cause you ate it on an empty stomach. low blood pressure + THC running thru your body is NOT a good mix
    were you hydrated well enough
    had enough sleep?

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

4. All you can do is take it slow and learn from your experiences.  Cutting it up into 1/8s is a good idea.  You don't have to try to build up a tolerance, just eat 1 piece one day and see what it's like then adjust for the next time.  Learn from your body and circumstances of eating.

5. Significant Other ?

6. A potent enough edible can be very psychedelic.     

At least you did not have your thoughts go somewhere dark during.   That's the surefree recipe to disaster and panic attacks from hell.
    Being in a serene environment, having people to talk you down, and most of all focusing on positive thoughts,  is an absolute must with edibles,  ESPECIALLY if taking heroic doses.  

I look at it like speed of a car, from the perspective of someone who likes speeding.   The faster you go, the more  fun you can have, but the consequences of fucking up become higher.  Therefore, you must take every necessary precaution to have it turn out well.   

You should thank your lucky stars your SO was there or otherwise you might have went dark thought.

Isn't the rabbit hole so marvelously deep and multifaceted   :)  

7. Thanks guys, yeah I was lucky that I was with someone and had a good idea towards the most difficult part. I threw on some headphones and listened to 8 hours of rain sounds. That helped me focus on something I even remember turning the sound from rain into a flowing river and dreamt about being in the forest, not me but like my spirit or like visions of a forest. Then I fell into deep sleep and woke up really burnt out.

8. Yea got to love edibles.

9. I recently fell in love with cannabis food.  I'm a family man and got in a rut with beer after work to decompress.  Have been gaining too much weight from that and not enjoying the dull, sleepy, sludgy effects I usually get from alcohol.  I was given a bag of infused caramel corn and found that eating a piece or two right before leaving work lifted my spirits and energy after work.  I don't feel stoned, just kind of a mood enhancer like Prozac or something.  That's the perfect level for me and if I want to get stoned I'll just smoke it.

10. #10 KoolHaus, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    I'm in the same exact boat! I have kids now and drink too much beer/wine. Wanted to see if edibles could curb that.

I am looking for the exact dose you are speaking about. I just need it to take the edge off a little.

That and all the health benefits in the canabinoids.

11. Yes indeed.  In fact I'll be converting a good share of my harvest to edibles, probably as infused coconut oil in gel caps.  It was really pretty great (I'm out now) and I'm looking forward to it again soon.  I was even way nicer to my wife when she'd ask me to do things...which happens a lot.  And when I was hanging with friends, a beer or glass of wine was just that...1 would last me fine.

12. I ate a 150mg thc chocolate chip cookie once. I ate like a 3rd of it at the gate at the airport, then a 3rd of it a little ways into my cross country flight, then the other 3rd later on the flight.

It was pretty great. Probably the only long flight where I just remained quietly and comfortably in my seat the entire time.

Awesome.

I remember one time where I composed a beautiful symphony while falling asleep in a cabin in the woods.

14. I am a little scared to go back to accidentally being that high but I gotta get back on the horse.

15. Alright so maybe this is a stupid question BUT what if I where to eat the same dose again? Would I have some better tolerance today? Or would I most likely go insane for a few hours again?

16. Maybe don't eat it all at once and not on an empty stomach. Like I ate that big ass cookie in thirds every couple hours, I was high as hell all day.

17. Experience shows that ingesting food layered with canna butter or cannabis oil affects you much differently than fire dissociates the physical properties of the burnt plant matter. Don't ask me, ask your stomach.

18. Like we said, not on an empty stomach, maybe with a meal and drink water throughout the day

19. I've been making sure to eat smaller pieces, hydrating, and eating a small meal before the edible and have had pleasant really fun times since and no paranoia. I also get really good sleep which I needed badly.

20. My buddy is a grower and he gets about half a pound of shake after harvest which he uses it to make butter. He brought a dish of cookies over so I ate one thinking it was same batch as last time. He came out of the bathroom and saw me finish the cookie and he asked me "dude did you just eat that whole cookie?"

I nodded, and he told me he made this batch with his top shelf buds because the dispensary he supplies with got raided and he had an extra pound of dank on him.

Lo and behold, I was high for 13 hours and it was such an uncomfortable feeling even for an experienced stoner. After that, I never eat edibles unless I have an entire day free.