Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ate some of my weed with bagels.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CrazyCaptain, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Had a really bad day,
    and came home and was in the mood for a good toke.
    two hits into my smoking session, lighter broke.
    long story short, i ended up eating a group up gramandhalf on two bagels dripping with butter.
    never got high.
    what did I do wrong?

2. You ate raw plant matter.

3. but shouldnt my stomach and butter break down the THC and allow my small intestine to absorb the nutrients into my bloodstream?

4. nope its not gonna be hot enough.

5. This may be a stupid questions because I'm assuming you did this earlier today but, did you wait at least forty-five minutes to an hour before posting this? Breaking down THC in your digestive system takes alot longer than absorbing it in your lungs. Again it could be a dumb questions but hey, this is apprentice tokers.

6. so you're saying I had to have cooked it? for the THC to actually dissolve into the butter?

7. Nope, not the right conditions for THC absorption. THC needs to be bonded to fat or alcohol in order to properly ingest

8. your stomach broke down THCa. Once heat is applied THCa is transformed in THC, an active chemical in marijuana.

9. Yea, it needs to reach a certain temperature to work. If you have some microwave pizzas, sprinkle some on it, then put some shredded cheddar over it and pop it in the microwave. Or you could mix a little in with a quesadilla.

10. Well, good job wasting weed. If u were that desperate u cudda rolled up a piece of paper and lit it with ur stove.

11. yeah, it was like 2 hours ago.

12. It actually has nothing to do with heat. You can put weed in peanut butter, let it sit for 3 days and eat it and get high as shit

13. That's not true your stomach acid will decarboxylize THC. Not as fast as heat but eat enough and the job will get done.

14. Will this pizza method work?
    I am going to have some Pizza tomorrow and would try it out if it would work.

15. #16 bigwill2010, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    It's not just extracting the THC in the fat, but decarboxylating the THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) that is naturally found in weed.
    After you take away the carboxyl group (COOH) from the THCA, you're left with the THC that you want.
    The THC can be extracted and decarboxylated by just letting it sit in the fat for a few days. Heat just acts as a catalyst to make the reaction happen faster.

16. you can however get high from eating hash.. i ate three and a half grams so it wouldnt be found and ended up getting horribly sick to my stomach and the a little while after that was very high.

17. I have never heard of anyone eating weed and getting high. Atleast not without becoming ill. You can tell your above statement to the numerous people on here that have eaten there stash when the cops pulled em over.

Not trying to be rude, but i would need a link to research that proved that, decarboxylize doesn't even sound like a word.

Besides, the links i provided to the OP have proven methods with tons of testimonials.