Ate raw pork

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by swimswimswim, Apr 6, 2014.

1. So a couple days ago I bought some chorizo at the store. Having eaten the authentic Spanish stuff that is always smoked and ready to eat, I thought this stuff was too.. After I ate it I read the package and low and behold. So anyone know the likely hood if getting worms?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Your fucked

• Like Like x 2
  3. pork sushi

!!

4. You could get trichinosis, but the likelihood of that is pretty small. Only about a dozen cases a year are reported in the US, though it's much more common in developing countries.

Hell, some people eat raw pork intentionally in dishes like mett. Your risk is probably quite low, and if you had it, you'd most likely start showing symptoms within a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had a similar situation last year. Ate some pork that I had accidentally cross contaminated with my cooking utensils. I got all para and did a crap load of research on the internet.

Not sure where you are located but....
    IIRC every single one of the cases of trichinosis in North America since the 80's have been from under cooked wild meat, most common in bear meat. I wouldn't worry too much but keep an eye out for symptoms just incase. ;) HTH

D_U

• Like Like x 1
  6. you should stick to donuts chief

• Like Like x 1
    guess so big hoss

• Like Like x 2
  8. I suggest reading the package next time lol.
    I know how the munchies can be but you need to read that package amigo

i'll be honest today i was gonna cook it but i remember how good it tasted raw so i ate another piece and finish the whole thing. I think im gonna go buy some more later. I guess worms are really rare so i should be fine to keep eatin raw i guess, taste fine

10. Yeah, fuck Salmonella and Worms!!11!1!1!!

• Like Like x 1

But... but... 

Oh nevermind 

• Like Like x 1
  12. We eat our cooked pork while it's still pink in the middle.  It's the new culinary normal 'round these parts.  Mind you, the outside of the chop does feel the heat so any surface bacteria gets dealt with.

13. I ate bacon straight out of the package once. I didn't have a microwave or an oven so I just ate it and I'm still alive

Omega369

14. Hmmm was it good?

15. Dude! thats fucking raw!

Pun most definitely intended B)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dude. Omg. You WILL get sick and there's a very good chance you'll die IF you keep eating raw pork. Use your head bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

17. #17 aToker, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    That's disgusting, you know supermarket meat is covered in acetone.

18. While it's not my cup of tea (raw pork), you're less likely to get parasites from pork than you are to get salmonella from a raw egg, which contrary to what your mum might have said about eating the pancake batter, is also quite unlikely (estimated at about 1 in 20,000). The source of your meat/eggs and it's cleanliness plays quite a role here. If it's up to par with cleanliness, temperature control, etc., you have little to worry about, in most cases of salmonella linked to eggs the eggs came from a unsanitary industrial setting.

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/trichinellosis/epi.html
    http://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/egg-safety/eggs-and-food-safety

If you do continue to eat raw pork, and develop any symptoms in the week after eating it (diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, rash, etc.), go see a doctor. If it goes untreated, it can spread to your muscles, central nervous system, lungs, list goes on, making for a much more complicated and unpleasant illness.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/230490-overview#a0101

• Like Like x 1
  19. You'll die in your sleep tonight, it's inevitable. So if you have any loved ones, you should call or text them before you go to bed. That's what you get for eating pork though, fuck pork in every form. Literally.

i literally woke up this morning