Ate an edible 4 days ago & I am feeling like I mentally damaged myself for good.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bostonchic, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Hi ... I’m very embarrassed to even be posting this but I need answers ASAP.

So .. a friend of mine made me an edible for me to try. I’ve always wanted to try one but have always been very scared. Anyways , I cut the edible into 4 pieces (it was a brownie) & on Friday night I ate one piece of it at around 6-7pm. I felt awesome. It was a very good high. I ended up knocking out. I woke up the next day feeling fine I was still a little bit high but I was chillin. My husband & I were getting ready to head out to run some errands. I wanted to take another piece of the edible since I had such a good experience the first time. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.

I ate another piece 1). On an empty stomach & 2). I didn’t give my body enough time to “process” the other piece that I ate the night before. So ya the dumbest thing I’ve possibly ever done.

I was fine up until maybe 1ish & I literally lost my shit. I started having a severe panic attack , hyperventilating, my chest felt like it was being crunched , heart was beating fast. Just a complete horrible trip.

I tried taking some anxiety medication that put me to sleep & it did. I woke up Sunday morning feeling like my brain was in a “fog” , I wasn’t able to like connect with reality. I felt like I was in a dream. As I have no control of my body or mind. Like I’m floating. Gusss you can say a feeling depersonalization. I pretty much tripped all day Sunday. Same Monday morning , woke up feeling the same exact way. I then tried a detox to see if “getting it out of my system would help. It helped at first. I woke up this morning feeling way better & focused. But then like 10-20 minutes after the fact the feeling came back & I had a full blown attack....

I’m very scared at this point I literally am losing my mind to the point that I don’t know how I can handle this for another second .. please help me. I also went to the doctors & told them What happened. I was very scared to tell them since I have a 1 year old daughter but the nurse asurred me that I wouldn’t get in trouble nor would anything happen to my daughter. But Any advice? Any remedies? Am I going to stay like this forever? Should I try maybe going to an ER & asking for an IV so I can get it out my blood stream? I already have severe anxiety & depression (yes I know I shouldn’t even be messing with any type of drug I’m stupid but I learned my lesson.) please help me .. I’m honestly on day 3 night 4 of this. I need to get back to the old me so I can move forward from this experience & learn from it.

Also I read that orange juice helps? Is this true?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Black pepper, CBD. Rest and hydration. You just did too much too fast you will be fine. Give it a couple days!

• Like Like x 2
  3. It’s been like 4 so I’m just getting scared & it doesn’t help that I have anxiety ☹️. By black pepper what do you mean? how does CBD help with “curing” this? Is it common for someone to feel like this for this long..? I really need to get better not for me but for my child.

4. It will pass soon.
    Edibles can be tricky, especially depending on who prepped it.
    The first piece may not have had much in it, while the second may of had the "mother lode".
    CBD has a calming effect, as does essence of black pepper oil. Both help with anxiety.
    Peppercorns can be chewed or simply smelling black pepper (Don't snort it).

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. By soon you mean? I want to get better & move forward from this. Someone told me orange juice ‍♀️

6. There is no concrete answer to soon because it varies by person and amount consumed.
    We do hear the same stories here (a lot). Edibles can be tricky.
    Any hydration is good.

:smoke:

7. Ok .. :( has anyone been like permanently stuck like this? Should i go to the hospital & request an IV? Maybe clean my blood stream since I already tried detoxing

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I had a friend go through this same thing & they gave him an IV. I know .. I’m freaking out but I can’t help it.

10. Okay. I am a cannabis professional I want to let you know you are 100% good. What's really playing tricks with you is your anxiety and you worrying yourself to death about it that is causing you to feel this way. Often times people with anxiety often freak out a bit from not being used to having higher amounts of thc in your body. It freaks you out and you don't feel like you have any control, but you are 100% in control. Cannabis is way less dangerous than taking shots of scotch or whisky. The chances of you just being paranoid is normal. There are people who smoke every day and enjoying life.

I hope this helps a bit. Ask me questions I'll do my best to answer questions. I have a lot of experience in this as i've been there for many others. Just let me know

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hey girl
    Don't panic
    No one has ever died because of weed
    Keep doing your regular stuff so that you can take your mind off it.
    You'll be ok sooner than you expect
    I think you're just traumatized over that experience and feel like you'll have that experience again, but if you haven't eaten any more of that brownie, you are not going to experience that again.
    Try exercising so that any thc can flush away from your body.

I've been there and it all goes away eventually.
    Take care and please stay calm.
    xx

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yes please. Is there anyway we can chat privately or do I need to communicate this way? Very new to this !

13. Thank you for the kind words. It really helps a lot. I have smoked before but never an edible for this exact reason! what did you do when you were going through it? How long until you weee completely better? Anxiety doesn’t help it whatsoever. They gave me Zoloft to help me. It kinda sorta helped but barely

14. Anytime :)
    I would suggest not to take any meds and just let your body do the job.
    No feeling is permanent, I promise It'll go away.
    Try to do cardio or get into a sauna, also drink lots of water and just stay calm.
    I have anxiety as well, and let me tell you that it's taking a big part on how you're feeling, just don't pay attention to it and live your life normally.
    Try writing as an outlet to drain your anxiety
    Painting, even coloring helps...
    Put your mind to work, you'll be surprised.
    Take advantage of the feeling and don't let anxiety control you over.
    You'll be alright.
    Enjoy the ride, it's not going to last forever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It lasted two days and I felt very paranoid until I listened to some music in a room by myself and I just started getting calmer and enjoying music and it completely changed my whole perspective.
    I drank a lot of Gatorade and sparkling water... (it really helps)

16. I might need to get some Gatorade! That might help. My uncle also said orange juice helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I did a similar thing in college, except I ate an entire brownie cause 1. I didn’t know what the fuck I was doing and was dumb 2. My friends at that time were complete assholes. 3. I was dumb.

Anyway, I ate a TON. I was the same exact way for about 4 days.. I missed school and hid in my room 4 days. I finally sacked up and called my dad.. a smoker since he was prob in the womb.. he laughed, told me I had done way to much to fast. He told me to drink a shit ton of water.. as much as I can tolerate, and go to the gym and run/ stair machine .. whatever gets me sweating...

I was completely fine a day and a half later. I promise you are OK! The mind is an incredible thing and it can and will play tricks on you. I myself have a severe anxiety disorder, so I shouldn’t even be messing with edibles ( see above, I’m an idiot ) but I’ve learned.

Pound the water, start sweating.. you’ll be ok. Biggest thing is in the mind, telling yourself your ok, it’s just weed.. the weed wears off, the mind never does. Anxiety in my opinion is very powerful and can cause a lot of issues if you let it.

Your gonna be ok.

• Like Like x 3
  18. T
    thank you for the info! I will try some exercising later on today. I did privately message you a question I have !

• Like Like x 1

19. No problem!

20. We see this in about 2% of the population. Your just a bit more sensitized to Cannabis then the average person. My own wife in one of them as well.
    2mg of edibles is all she needs for a hell of a ride that lasts her about 48 hours.
    100-150mg for me to get a good ride and it'll only last 6-8 hours on me.

Really nothing will speed your recovery except time. It will fade as cannabis makes no permanent changes in brain or body. Your mostly freaking yourself out.

Your dealing with the edible form of Cannabis and that is a drug of a different color.
    Smoked is Delta-9-THC
    Edible after it passes through the liver is converted into 11-Hydroxy-THC
    11-Hydroxy is about 5x as potent as Delta-9 and lasts equally as long. This is why people get way more then they bargained for when dealing with edibles.

Just be certain it will fade with time. Do your daily routines and get on with life.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1