Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At y wits end...

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Littleredcorvette, Dec 25, 2019.

1. New poster here.... really want to make some quality edibles. I have decarb'd keif & flower to a T like every forum & video has said to. I have followed every infusion video & forum . NOTHING is working. I'm an ounce of keif & 4 ounces of flower into absolutely nothing. I'm losing faith here. Had some home made edibles that were going around recently that were real good, so I know I'm not intolerant. But damn.

2. so what are you doing to decarb ?

or what are your steps to making edibles?

you've given 0 information, I'm not sure if your looking for help or just to rant?

3. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams decarbed Kief
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I decarb'd 8 grams of bud at 240-245 for 60 mins. , also did 7grams of keif at 240-245 for 45 mins. Infused it on the stove top with 2 sticks of butter on each try. Made a simple no bake fruity pebbles treats.

5. This works for a lot of folks.
    Kief Run 190/151 Proof w/Video Post 569

@BrewsnWeed666 , show him what I showed you and how easy it is. If you get a chance, that is. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I have made more attempts, but this has been my process. Have even tried 7 grams of flower to 1 stick of butter

7. You're decarbing your hash/kief correctly at 240°F for forty minutes. If your hash is hard pressed then break it up a little first. Once it's decarbed you can just sprinkle it in your edible without the horrible week flavor, more nutty. You can use weight like .02g per dose and check how it effects you. You'll get everything from it. You may be surprised. They work for most. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Edibles are really easy to make once you know how.. the only step you really need is a decarb then you can make whatever you like.. I make hash cookies as it's the simplest thing for me to do without fucking up:confused_2:

@PsychedelicSam & @BrassNwood both helped me because I was sick of being in pain constantly:laughing: buy yourself a thermometer & you're good to go.. my oven is way off temperature wise so never trust what ur oven says lol

I decarb at 240 F for 40 minutes & have the same results every time.. you should listen to either of the dudes I tagged.. both are basically edible gods on here imo:confused_2:

I thought the whole decarbing thing was bollocks before I tried it:laughing: now that I decarb i get more for my money :hello::hello:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sorry dude I'm kinda high rn & can't remember alot :laughing::laughing: is it the grater method for hash :hide: :laughing: anyway happy Christmas dude & you @BrassNwood :smoke: , I did post happy Xmas in another thread but I don't think either post there so I've said it here instead :confused_2::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Let's start here. Being stoned is no excuse around me.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

This should refresh your memory. I've got nine more pages of your pictures and posts if you need more reminders. :ey:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hell yeah I remember now dude:smoke: I blame my bad memory then man:laughing::laughing:

@Littleredcorvette basically PSam/BNW & @Heavn helped me get off medication that gave me withdrawals after missing a dose.. I still have to take medication but not as often/not ones that give you withdrawals. I was trying to make edibles & doing it wrong.. they still got me high/gave me pain relief but not as much as decarbing does :smoke:

They all know what they're talking about when it comes to edibles/cooking ect with marijuana,I've not tried to make edibles with weed since I was kid but if I was to use weed I bet it'd work:confused_2:, I use hash since it's cheaper & usually stronger then straight up flower :smoke:

I make cookies because I'm limited to how long I can stand before I'm in pain :laughing:, within an hour I can make them & be eating them:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Much can go wrong during the edible making process.

1. The decarb might have been inaccurate.
    Maybe your oven's thermometer was off a lot, or the temp varied wildly.
    240 F for 60 min is too long, and would've reduced potency.
    I use Ardent Nova/Lift to avoid difficulty here.

2. Infusion can ruin herb if too much time or heat is involved.
    I use BrassNwood's infusion method of 220 F, but if I do it for more than 1 hr, the herb is noticeably weaker.
    The old style butter/water/herb infusion has ruined much herb.

3. Dosage might be inadequate.
    For good 15% flower, each gram of herb will produce 150 mg thc if decarbed and infused without loss.
    For example, if you wanted 50 mg thc, then you'd make sure 1/3 g of original herb is contained in the dose you take.
    The hypothetical 50 mg dose of 1/3 g original herb would be 1/24 of the 8 g herb used.
    If you made 24 treats, then one treat would be this dose.
    If you made 48 treats, you'd need to eat 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Stove top extraction usually leaves a lot to be desired. You don't get all of it infused. Hash/kief is often less expensive and is higher potency. Just decarb and sprinkle in whatever you're making and mix it good. It may be a little gritty or not, depending on what you make but it will work well. Weigh out a certain amount so that you can see if it's good for you. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1