Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what stage do you become a "seasoned toker"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Butosai, Feb 16, 2011.

1. This is a question to the truly old timers. When I talk to a lot of kids, they think they're a pro just because they've been smoking for 2 years straight. I myself have only smoked for six years and don't really think that's long considering my age. At how many years do some of you guys consider an old time smoker? I'm sure there are some 20+ years tokers here.

2. #2 Lil Sis, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    Well, I'm rather new to the city but have been smoking since I was 16 ~ now 36 so I've got 20 yrs under my belt. That doesn't mean that I know everything just means I've been smoking for a long damn time.

I can't actually pinpoint the EXACT stage where one would become seasoned...you just get there eventually...after many seasons have passed. Herb is just a part of my life and a part of me. The same as the freckles on my arms or the scars from <insert dumb ass thing> from 10 yrs ago. Basically I'm just trying to express that life experiences and time are the factors that season a toker. Neither of them can be fast forwarded or skipped.

Tho I don't go around expressing my superiority because of smoking for 20 years...there are fine men and women all over that have me beat as far as time goes.

I think that you should always respect your elders tho. They've seen way more shit. I have a good friend that turned 50 this year. He's been all over the world smoking and I always feel like I have something to learn from him. When I'm in his company I in no way feel seasoned.

3. Its all about Prajna "Wisdom"

4. When you get high almost everyday and not only at parties.

When you stop making such a big deal out of smoking, once you get out of high school weed is no longer "cool" once you get a job it becomes another word "illegal"

all I could think of other than that is when you can actually control yourself when you're high and not giggle like a little girl at everything. :rolleyes:

-edit: I don't consider myself a seasoned toker this is just what I think

5. This topic again? SMH

6. when you discover the search button :rolleyes:

7. #7 Requiem478, Feb 16, 2011
    Idk I've only smoked for coming on 7 years but I consider myself seasoned. It just happens as you learn and develop your own smoking preferences. Like for example if the first time you smoked was say on a blunt, you might stick to blunts for a while, or you might get curious and start messing with other ways to smoke/get high. After time you just learn more and more things down the road, and once that road doesn't have any more tricks up it's sleeve you are a seasoned toker.

Edit: Also like someone above said when you stop treating weed like you did when you were a kid, and it just becomes daily routine. I am one of those people who could be high as a kite and not a single person in the room could tell. I smoke it because I like to, and I like the high, but in a different way than when I was a kid. Lol when I was younger I was a cocky little asshole.

8. Do you guys ever get the, "I'm stoned and didn't think to use the search button" excuse around here? Because if not, that's exactly what happened.

9. Don't get too hung up on it, it's just a label with no set meaning. Everyone defines it differently. "Seasoned" means competent through experience for whatever that's worth. 30 year toker here who happens to think that labels or anything else that divide, seperate, or catagorize us are generally not good things. We're all in this together, right?

10. #10 ixBeachbumxi, Feb 16, 2011
    im only 18 and been smokin for around 2 yrs and i WOULD consider myself "seasoned". I think once you realize that weeds a life enhancer and lose the "IM SO FUCKIN HIGH RIGHT NOW!" mentality and can just coast through the day stoned off your ass....well, your headed in the right direction. (imo of course)

the fact that I know more from this godly sight and independent research as well as real life experiences doesnt hurt either.

No. 1 rule tho, ya aint seasoned till you've gotten high off your own shit.

again, this is all in my opinion. Im sure theres some dude in a room full of plants with thousands of $'s of glass on some wall thinkin "now who does DIS mo-fucka think he is?"

11. You've smoked your own feces before?

12. ^ good way to put it (directed at beachbum)

but I think you are a seasoned toker once you don't have to ask "when am I a seasoned toker lol"

13. Ah yes, the good old "what's a seasoned toker" topic. Wouldn't be GC without one (or a hundred).

1) If X <= Y then A<>Seasoned.
    2) If X - Z <= .5(X) then A<>Seasoned

A = Subject
    X = Subject's Current Age
    Y = The number of years I've been smoking (currently 22)
    Z = Age Subject began smoking.

That's just a quick little formula that I created in my head. Also I'm not the grand arbiter of who is or isn't seasoned. I'm not so concerned about what makes you seasoned - I really don't care, but I will say that if you've only been smoking a year or two, you aren't seasoned. I don't care if you've been smoking every day an 8th a day, you need some years on you first.

It's all arbitrary though, I really think we should just rename this forum "old fogeys sit around and shoot the shit" and that would cut down on the number of stupid threads we get here.

14. prime...:smoke:

15. To be fair, MOST of the threads along this very topic are already closed (or deleted)

16. When you quit hitting the skull bong with all your friends, pay your own fuckin' rent, and have enough experience to enjoy a nice smoke to yourself and be OK with that.

17. #17 Jetlife123, Feb 16, 2011
    Idk I mean ive only been smoking for like 6 years in total, 2-3 years of it being a part of my daily life. But I honestly spend so much time learning about bud that I consider myself 'seasoned'. Ive been in the presence of 'old seasoned tokers' that know no more than me. I feel like it just depends on your general wealth of knowledge and wisdom about weed, not about the time you've spent smoking it.

EDIT: Was just re-reading the posts and agree with what was said about not being a 'kid' about weed. I honestly dont remember the last time I commented on how high I was; and when I get high, I get high. No one else knows that I'm high because I dont act retarded, I just feel retarded

18. you'll know when you have ounces to blow and papers bongs blunts everywhere in yo house. oj and junt for breakfast

19. yea exactly what dude above me said...and in my opinion its when the shit becomes second nature...like i was talkin to my boy the other day saying...honestly i cant believe this is illlegal...like we do this all day...i be thinking its legal sometimes not even realizing

20. when your poop smells like mary jane