Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what point does it become too often?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jetlife123, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Hello, I recently found myself questioning how recreational my weed smoking was. Let me give you some background information. I am in no way trying to argue that weed is in anyway physically addictive or even mentally addictive (even though everything can be). For this past semester in school I have found myself smoking more often then in the past. I would say 5 days out of the week. In no way is it because of weed, but I am also doing much better than I ever have in school, therefore my love for weed isn't interfering with my life. I cant say that I am happier when I'm high and sad when I'm not, but it definitely helps me look at things differently for a few hours a night after finishing my work. My question to you is, at what point does smoking weed become a problem whether or not it is effecting your work/school/responsibilities.

2. I wouldn't say there is a defined point at which it is to much. If you enjoy smoking and being responsible and getting your shit done good. It becomes a problem when you can't be responsible about it and get stoned and play video games instead of doing your homework.

3. Haha Yeah, my days of that are pretty long gone

4. It's all relative. If you can handle your life still without it interfering in a negative way, which it sounds like you can from your description, I'd say you're fine.

In fact I'd say you're fine as long as the positive things that come out of it outweigh any negatives. I wouldn't look it as a basis to quit if getting baked every now and then isn't in your best interest. For example if you're drinking and you smoke and get the spins. Obviously the weed wasn't a good idea, but as long as that's a rare instance compared to the positive ones I'd say its ok

5. As long as you are still responsible, functional and in full control I'd say it's not a problem no matter how often.

It would become a problem when you start letting it control your decisions.

6. It is too often when it starts to interfere with work, school, life, etc. If you find that your life revolves around the herb then it's time to back off.

7. I'm doing pretty much the same thing right now. For a while I did more, realized I couldn't balance that much stuff and stopped doing it so often. It's all personal limits man. Once you can't function as you normally should is when you've taken it too far.

8. i always like to say "you can never smoke too much weed.", but if it starts interfering with your life, then maybe its time to lay off for a little while until you can handle it.

9. I think your doing fine as long as you got your shit straight smoke as much as you want

I used to smoke all day every day back in high school and still held honor roll throughout

now that im in college i smoke wayyyyyy less than i used to, even though its still every day:smoking: holding a solid 3.5 GPA too

so i say, toke up!

10. If it's not interfering with your goals in life, than it shouldn't be a problem.

11. hahahhah

12. hahahhah thats great, but its too often if it starts making shit worse than if ur not high

13. how do you know when your life revolves around weed? Can someone give me examples please.

14. If nothing is wrong, don't mess with the system.

15. Let's say you are on a scheduled task.. It's not manditory but it's a responsibility.. Now let's say you decide to smoke and not do said task because you said never mind I'll smoke and try and do it.. You will probably end up not doing it cause you are high. That's irresponsible and that's when it interferes with your life.

When you feel that you need to smoke in order for something to be fun or relaxing. Example, I would love to smoke right before a nice Sunny Sunday cruise, but it doesn't mean I have to.. It would make it more enjoyable but I can enjoy myself without it.

And so on

16. It becomes a problem when you start smoking weed instead of doing work/school/responsibilities.

17. I think that smoking weed becomes a problem if you lose your motivation to accomplish goals that you would usually accomplish if you were sober.
    I like to take a week off every so often to keep myself grounded, because I think that weed is most definitely mentally addictive.

18. When I started smoking,I told myself I would do it maybe once a week or once every few weeks.Well it went from that to smoking every week,then a few times aweek,then soon after it was everyday,but still only once a day.Then I got to a point where I was smoking all day long.

I wouldn't say it was a negative thing,BUT it wasn't positive either.I guess neutrual except I was always in a good mood,which I have always had a problem with even before the bud became a part of my life.Either way I'm going to fuck up or do something good with or without weed.But for some people it CAN become a problem,but only you can decide if it's a problem or not.For me I'd say it wasnt although I have cut back drastically due to lack of $ to have a constant supply.But If i were still smoking I'd be in the same situation and the same person I am.