Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what point does it become a problem?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheDubiousBaker, Sep 10, 2010.

1. I'm not used to smoking this much, and I plan my week so that I can smoke bud as much as I can everyday.

I've been to some MA meetings, trippin' me out, thinking i'm getting too psychologically addicted.

I don't know if I should pack this vape bowl right now..

2. It's up to you bro. Your only as addicted as your mind tells you that YOU are. I'm currently sober, and have been for over 48 hours. I've wanted to smoke so badly this past 48 hours but I've fought it pretty good so far.

If you think it's becoming a problem then maybe you should stop. Otherwise keep living your life

3. You'd be surprised how easy it is to not get high if you can bring yourself to quit for a week or two, but that might just be me. I went from thinking I'd never be able to go more than a couple days without smoking to smoking once every couple months.

4. Personally, I think it becomes a problem when you feel like you "have to" be high. Even if it's once every couple days, and you feel like you "need" to be high, that's a problem. It's a recreational drug, you should want to spark up and not get stressed over it when you miss a sess. That's just my opinion though, it obviously varies from person to person.

I think the fact that you asked this question, is a signification that you are feeling dependent on it, in some form or another. Perhaps you can review your reasoning as to why you are feeling this way, take a break for awhile and come back to it when you feel ready.

5. Yeah man,

Weed is different for everyone. If it doesn't work with your life, it ain't as hard as you think to quit.

The first few weeks are pretty shitty. But just find something constructive to take up your time.

6. I'm torrenting Requiem for a Dream right now.

I, always want to be high, it sounds bad, yet understandable.

7. I think its only a problem when you run out of money to buy it XD

8. its not physically addictive , but you definitely want ia again if youve been on a break... because weed is awesome lol

i recently took 2 weeks off smoking, it was pretty hard actually and i did get frustrated very easily. but after the first week the feeling goes away and you can take it or leave it.

9. There's not really anything wrong with planning your day around getting high. Unless you really think there is. It's a personal thing. But there are people who plan their weeks around getting laid or drinking themselves into a coma, not that you should be comparing yourselves to those, just some persepctive.

If you like to get home and roll up a few Js and blaze the night away that's fine. I think the line of it becoming a problem is when it is acting to the detriment of the rest of your life.

Maybe you just need to get a hobby, or something else to occupy your mind if you feel this bad about wanting to blaze all the time, to be honest I'd say in 99% of situations that I'm likely to get into I'd rather be high than not high.

It's all personal though, and hey if your vaping your not even doing tooo much health damage.

10. Well, OP I compare weed to video games a lot, cause they are close in some ways, anyway, When you play video games A LOT when your not playing them, and your sitting around doing nothing, youll WANT to play them, but that doesnt mean your addicted, thats pretty much exactly how weed is.

11. *begins rambling*

I look at this way, it's a problem if you let become one. It's never really been one for me. If circumstance allows, I smoke. If not, I don't.

I'm also one of those people who a 1/4 oz lasts a month then goes on a break for 2-3 weeks before I buy again, because I also appreciate what being sober brings. Sober = advancement, while being high is a stimulant for my creative side.

I appreciate what being high brings me just as much as what being sober brings me. I try an balance the two.

It's similar to what my dad says about ones state of mind. Sanity is a even mix of: Schizophrenia, Paranoia,and other elements of your psychological makeup. If ones spikes more then the other then you have an issue, but you need an even mix of all to survive. The way I see it is you need a even mix of altered and unaltered mindsets if your gonna dabble with that sort of thing.

You shouldn't be planning your days around how much you can get high, thats obsession. Take a break, not a couple of days, but a month or two, and see how you feel. Do you have an addictive personality, if you do then take that into heavy consideration.

I think I made a point somewhere in there, take it as you will. But control your habits don't let them control you.

*end ramble*

12. You already have a problem then if your life is revolving around cannabis.

13. Yeah guys, but video games don't make me feel that different.

It just gives me some worry if I always want to be baked, change the way i feel.

I'm not like, If i don't get bud tommorow i'm going to feel like shit.

But I most definitely wont be laughing so hard i piss myself.

14. Then whats the problem? You just said right there, your not worried about smoking weed all that much, Then dont smoke it? If you conserve, and take breaks every now and then your fine, Theres always 1 or 2 days out of the week I dont smoke, not cause I dont have any, but because I find somthing better to do, It saves me some weed, so it all works out. I only smoke to enhance live not to make it fun, its already fun just a lot more fun high.

15. To be honest it seems like you are just bored. When you start planning your day around weed it just seems like you don't have any other priorities to be concerned about?

Just had a 3 month sobre summer, I was working 8-7 most days so always had stuff to do, job finished and now I'm gagging for some weed. Just find other activites, go out with friends, chill with non smokers. It's really not that hard to stop when you have stuff to do, and you'll enjoy your smoke after a dry period! I know on Sunday I will!

16. To me, its a problem at the same point as everything else. When it starts to interfere with your everyday life. When it starts to be the sole thing you look forward to in a day, or if you rearrange real life just to get high.

Its like somebody who is jepordizing their job by smoking, thats probably a problem. yes the system sucks, but you need a job to support your habit, and if your habit is putting your job at risk, your gonna be double screwed if worse comes to worse. IT should be used responsibly, and if you're realising your not, that its interfering with other areas in your life, maybe you should take a break.

I know how it is though. I mean, your used to doing things high, especially if you smoke alone around the house to relax/whatnot. You kinda do it out of habit, and things are just a bit more boring when your not high. T-Breaks can be good, and put things into prespective. Find a new hobby. Mine just happens to be growing MJ even if I can't smoke it right now :D (job is at issue. Random drug testing starting soon. Losing my job is not worth smoking MJ, as much as I love it. Does it make me hate the man? yes, but thems the rules right now. Want it changed, if you live in cali vote on election day. If not start writing your representetives/support NORML. YES WE CANNABIS! (prop 19's slogan) )

17. exactly, theres no chemical addiction behind weed. but do you man, if you feel you need to quit do what you need 2

18. Heres another little tidbit. If you've seen me post, you know about a month ago I found out I was going to be randomly drug tested for my job. So I quit. No problems whatsoever really. I have trouble getting to sleep after smoking a bowl before bed everyday for years straight. My dreams are weird as shit, or maybe I just remember them more.

I smoke cigareetes and about the same time decided I wanted to quit. I bought an expensive E-Cig with cartridges of flavors I like.

Guess which one I stopped smoking immediately, and guess which one I still go to the store and buy everyday.

19. do you like smoking weed? is it something you enjoy? the fuck everyone else smoke as much as you want, its your life.

20. if you can wait and not bug-out for a couple weeks without weed, chances are there's no problem.

though, best way to tell... when you have buds, are you constantly stoned? like, even if you have important shit to do that day?