Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what point do you have a 'problem'?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by isthisreallife, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I value the opinions of those who have had a self admitted addiction and have come back to smoking pot and do it responsibly now. If you know, leave a reply, thanks!

2. I think the point when you have a 'problem', is when an object or habit becomes your life when all you can think about is 'when am i gonna get the next fix'. Enjoy life responsibly! You can read this post, or not, it's your choice.

3. #3 MARLEYFEST, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    I think you have a problem when anytime you wake up during the night, you immediately want to take a hit or smoke a bowl.

4. Expanding on this point, I believe the point where you've got a problem is when you start to sacrifice other things in favor of pot. When you look at your pay check and think "shit this is only enough money for either rent or pot, not both" and put some serious thought into "how long can I get away with not paying rent". When you start to choose pot over the important things in life, you most likely have a problem. Of course for everyone the important things in life are different, so it's hard to come up with a measure that works for everyone. In general though, I say when you take the money you were supposed to spend on food and buy drugs with it, you've got a problem.

5. If you blow your nose and its more keif than snot, you should take a tbreak

6. Well, I think health Canada's view on cannabis addiction is like an eighth a day

7. You have a problem IMO when you can't stop smoking weed if you're life depended on it like probation or surgery or something.

8. If you smoke alone more than 2x a day, you MIGHT have a problem, as it will eventually become a habit or mental addiction.

I think I might have a problem.

9. It's a problem when it feels like a problem. You can be addicted and it not be a problem. Addiction is made out to be all bad and shit but that's stupid. Everybody is addicted to something. People are addicted to certain foods, drinks, television, exercise, hobbies, and everything else. If somebody is addicted to marijuana it's no different than all that other shit.

10. I personally have a 'problem' with it. But the psychological addiction of weed compared to nicotine (a former and recovering problem) is nil.

I'd rather have to take a break from what I'm doing every few hours and have a few hits of the bowl rather than feel the need after situations I encounter constantly.

11. I used to, and prolly still do, have a slight 'problem' with weed. It used to be that I smoked so much that I distanced myself from friends (who are cool, but not stoners) and became more anti-social. I would try to quit, but finding that I couldn't go for more than a day or 2. When I came back from Europe I quit for 3 months and that was the best I felt in a long time. Then I started to get insatiable cravings again and now I'm back to smoking pretty regularly, but now it affects my life a lot less. Like, I don't go stoned to work all the time and I usually take a 2 day t-break every weekend.

I do smoke alone a lot more when I'm away at school because (most) everyone on campus is a pretentious dick :)

12. @MARLEYFEST I do that all the time dude! haha.

13. Exactly how I think of it.

14. I felt I did when I came home for a break with a zip and went back with a half in 4 days. Had insomnia and figured since I was on break the best option was BF3 and jack herer all night. Bad call.

On a short voluntary t-break right now and likely gonna cut back from smoking 2-6 times a day down to 2 maximum(only exception being 4/20). I think it would be a lot easier at college to take a break even around people who smoke daily. Keep in mind it is easier to develop a "problem" with bud if you start using it to make all that free time more fun.I believe the less isolated you are the less likely you are to have any sort of dependency. I have a slight mental dependency, if I have a migraine or stomach problems 1 bowl can clear that up.

A huge issue for me is that I see all the side-effects on my prescription pill bottles and then look at those frosty bud that grew from the earth and how can you not choose toking? I have a fact oriented mind set when it comes to my health and the fact is marijuana doesn't have this list attached like my pills do:

Common Sides

• weakness
    • upset stomach
    • heartburn
    • dizziness
    • drowsiness
    • headache
    • dry mouth
    • stomach pain or cramps
    Some side effects can be serious. The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, call your doctor immediately:

• tightness, pain, pressure, or heaviness in the chest, throat, neck, and/or jaw
    • slow or difficult speech
    • dizziness or faintness
    • weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
    • severe stomach pain
    • bloody diarrhea
    • rapid, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
    • difficulty breathing
    • paleness or blue color of the fingers and toes
    • pain, burning, or tingling in the hands or feet

^That is what I took after I had consistent monthly hospitalization for extremely intense migraines. Oh this also cost us around $150 per month, much rather buy a fat half and have more than enough migraine medication for that month and a small recreational stash.

15. Well, I used to be mentally addicted, i consider my problem when I would get kinda bummed when i could get high that day, or i would literally be spending time scrambling to find someone to buy weed from.

then I took a month T-break, worked out alot, played xbox.

now I only smoke no more than 2x a week, MAX. sometimes not at all, sometimes 2 in a week.

Im saving money, and my tolerane is fucking low :) I take about 2 or 3 nugs the same size as a pencil eraser and i am fuckin BLITZED. its great, I reccomend Tbreaking for anyone who misses their old tolerance its really the best gift for a stoner.

Dont smoke everyday, thats how problems start. space it out. thank you for reading.

16. I figure as long as you aren't suckin dick for a dime bag you don't have a problem.

17. I feel addicted to marijuana only when it's in the house. It's like a magnet and I get sucked to it.. but I don't feel addicted at all when I'm out, I'm just like "oh well." and go on with a sober lifestyle. It's weird.

18. I knew it was a problem when it stopped being fun, stopped helping my depression, and made me too tired to care about hanging out with my friends. I had been spiraling to a bad place for almost a year with money, financial aid, and life problems, and weed went from helping me fight all of that, to kind of letting me not care, which didn't exactly let me stop having the problems. After realizing I was just becoming an unhappy shut-in all over again, I stopped smoking for 6 months, made some leaps with fixing my money and school problems, and got to a sound mind before smoking again last September. I still treat it like a natural anti-depressant, and I treat it to just get high and have a nice time, but I've developed some restraint and responsibilities I think I just missed out on as a teenager.

19. i am addicted to weed lol

20. [quote name='"Mogwai"']It's a problem when it feels like a problem. You can be addicted and it not be a problem. Addiction is made out to be all bad and shit but that's stupid. Everybody is addicted to something. People are addicted to certain foods, drinks, television, exercise, hobbies, and everything else. If somebody is addicted to marijuana it's no different than all that other shit.[/quote]

+rep when I get on my computer

Everyone IS addicted to something.