Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At what age will you let your kids start smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dexter12, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i had my first puff at 16 and got caught my first time by the cops so 18

2. I started at 15, so I think I would probably let my kids smoke weed around 16, but only if they maintain their grades and don't start fucking up their lives. After all, even as a rookie I was responsible. I may have slacked off a little since then, but I'm still the most responsible of all of my friends haha.

3. When they have a job and can buy their own.

4. No offense, but I was by far one of the most intelligent students in my school as a teen, and I started at 14. Kind of ignorant to assume that marijuana causes that much damage.

If I have kids (which I won't), 16.

5. As soon as he/she can light a lighter.

6. [quote name='"GreenFever93"']

My friend actually showed me a 20-year study that just came out that said that marijuana use doesn't lead to schizophrenia. I'm not a scientist though, and I believe that it affects people differently. But as for the OP's question, probably 16-18, depending on what they're doing with their lives[/quote]

Damn, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, broski. :bongin:

7. #27 bigjonson, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
    Probobly 16, and if they start turning into a loser and getting shitty grades and what not that will be the end of that for a while. Once I know there interested ill invite them for a nice fat jay and teach them how the big biys smoke. If they start smoking before that ill know because I started smoking regularly at 13 so Ill know all the tricks in the book for hiding spots and all that stuff. I dont really want to have kids though. When I was a teen I had a baby brother and that completely changed my opinion about having kids. Maybe that will opinion change again sometime.

8. Lol 16? Hell no. I'll be okay with their drug use after they've graduated..16 is very young to start Altering your mind for real.

9. #29 bigjonson, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
    Come on dude if your kid knows you smoke hes going to want to try it. He will be smoking long before 18 I can tell you that right now.

10. 17 years old

11. [quote name='"bigjonson"']

Come on dude if your kid knows you smoke hes going to want to try it. He will be smoking long before 18 I can tell you that right now.[/quote]

True story, I know he/she will probably be be doing it before then, but still I'm most definitely not going to be cool with it until graduation. My kids are going to do as I say not as I do aha

12. I will let my kids start at around 16-17, but I will tell them that I swear, if I ever find them with hard unmentionables. I will beat their ass into next Tuesday. I don't want a crack whore for a daughter.

13. I'd say it depends far more on their maturity level than their age.

If they're 18 and running around saying stupid things like "Fuck the popo", flunking school etc, there's no way I'll allow them to toke, drink, etc.

If they're 15 and get decent grades, overall mature, etc, then it'd be fine by me.

More of a maturity thing, rather than age.

(On a side note: Not a hell of a lot you can do when they turn 18)

14. No younger than when I started (17).

I plan to smoke weed for the rest of my life, so I can hardly take a stand against it with my hypothetical children

15. gonna depend i could have a mass murder for a kid i won't let him do shit if that's the case

16. The weed will mellow him out then!

17. I don't know, they'll probably do it whenever the hell they decide to do it. Whether or not I "let them" is not going to necessarily change the outcome of the situation. Ultimately, it may actually worsen it, depending on how it is handled. I started at the age of 13, and I can't necessarily say I regret it. People like to believe they can see very clearly in hindsight, but I think that's a load of shit. Things turn out the way they do and I wouldn't be enjoying my day as much as I have today if I didn't do everything I did in my life prior to this day.

18. Damn kids will do it well before I think they're mature enough to handle it *shakes fist*

19. 18-19

As long as I see that they are responsible enough to be able to handle themselves.

20. As a guy above me said, maturity trumps age. I'll let them toke up when they're 15 as long as they're mature enough to handle it. I probably won't tell them I do it though if only because of how kids love to brag to their friends. "Yea I smoke with my dad daily, it's chill..." Fuck that noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.