At what age is still being a virgin pathetic?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by RedheadWonder, Aug 13, 2012.

1. People caring about what age they loose there virginity is pathetic.

2. What age? never

Sex & Virginity doesn't mean shit, some people want to fuck everything that moves disregarding the consequences, others would rather wait for that right person. Almost anyone will tell you that sex is best with the person you love anyways.Doesn't make you less of a person if you havent had sex.

3. Was 23 when I lost it. Looking back, I thought I was pathetic then. Now, I wish I'd waited longer.

I took my boyfriend's when he was 19. I was 24. We're still together 5 years later.

4. [quote name='"illadelphin"']tree fiddy[/quote]

hahahaha

i lol'd

whatchoo mean you gave em tree fiddy woman!? hahaha

5. Being a virgin is not pathetic at all. I'm pretty disappointed in people that emphasize the importance of sex as a social standard.

Not only is such a stigma pathetic, but it also presents a hazard to public health.

Seeing youngsters with syphilitic lesions as a result of this emphasis on losing virginity.. is heartbreaking.

6. Lost my virginity at 19 to a 24 year old, not sure how I feel about it. I wasn't waiting for someone perfect but I definitely wasn't settling for anyone, went well for a few months but didn't last :/

7. I told you not to give no loch ness monsta no tree fiddy woman!!

8. I believe that people would think about sex less often if we didn't see it everywhere. We see it in movies, we see it on TV, we hear about it in music, we read about it in books, etc. Sex is being advertised to you everywhere you go therefore you think about it much more than you should be which makes fucking the nearest slut who opens her legs an unneccessary priority for a lot of people.

9. shit, im 20 and i still have mine lol with my gf living in new york for 3 years for school at this point im more worried about my plants than gettin laid

10. interesting theory, HOWEVER.

There's a major problem with that that totally negates your point: nature.

Many animals are extremely sexually promiscuous. Simply for the pleasure.

Repressing sexuality creates Charles mansions. What's worse, a sexually repressed killer, or a slut with herpes?

11. if you belive in abstence then there is no pathetic age but if you dont i would say 25 some lady was a virgin untill she was like 70

12. There's a difference between suppressing our sexuality and having control over it.

Animals cannot help themselves. If they feel the drive to have sex, they will have sex, according to the mating norms of their species. They don't put thought into it. They just do it.

Human beings can say "Well, I am horny as all get out, but now is not the right time" or "My worth as a human being is not measured by my sexual experience."

Humans can have a very healthy attitude towards their sexuality without being sexually active. I am comfortable with my body, the idea of sex, and the intimacy involved in letting another human get that personal with me...yet I still choose not to have sex. I'm not repressing my sexuality, I am in control of it...and when I control it, I control myself instead of being at the mercy of my hormones or societal pressure.

It's an amazing freedom.

13. Wait, did this guy just imply humans are not animals? Sorry but you need to wake up.

May I suggest controlling your hunger, only for a week or so...

14. [quote name='"Dutchmaster617"']Wait, did this guy just imply humans are not animals? Sorry but you need to wake up.

May I suggest controlling your hunger, only for a week or so...[/quote]

No, he didn't imply any such thing.

He implied that, though we are part of the animal kingdom, our capacity for self-reflection dictates that we do not operate solely on instinct, like most animals.

15. Actually, only humans and dolphins and a few breeds of chimps feel enough pleasure from sex to just have sex with no reason, other than being horny. The rest of the animal kingdom does it completley for breeding purposes. Also, just because you don't have sex, you become a sociopathic cult leader, like Charles Manson? I'm pretty sure Manson had other psychotic reasons, than just not getting laid. Just because someone doesn't engage in sex with every whore willing to spread her legs, doesn't mean you'll become a sexually repressed killer, just sayin'. I didn't know nature's purpose was for us to get the herps, I guess I'm missing out on life :rolleyes:

16. Yeah, what cookiecrisp said...

And what this woman is saying is you can't live without eating, so trying to go without food for a week is bad. But we can (and obviously sometimes do) go without sex for a long time.

I mean, when it comes to hunger, I have to eat or I will die, but I don't have to gorge myself to live. I can eat moderately...but I must eat.

I've made it 26 years without sex and my quality of life, I would argue, is pretty damn awesome. I love my life.

17. [quote name='"Custos Clavium"']Yeah, what cookiecrisp said...

And what this woman is saying is you can't live without eating, so trying to go without food for a week is bad. But we can (and obviously sometimes do) go without sex for a long time.

I mean, when it comes to hunger, I have to eat or I will die, but I don't have to gorge myself to live. I can eat moderately...but I must eat.

I've made it 26 years without sex and my quality of life, I would argue, is pretty damn awesome. I love my life.[/quote]

My bad, I should really stop assuming everybody on the Internet is a dude haha

Great post again, though

18. It is really the persons preference. Anyone can get laid it isn't that hard. I lost mine at 16 but have friends that are still virgins and I could care less man :p