Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

At What Age Did You Start Smoking? Does It Have Side Effects At A Younger Age?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kush420Legalize, Jun 5, 2013.

1. I first smoked at 12 ans became a regular thing a year after. If my best friend wasnt 2 years older than me I think I would of started later.

No bad side affects. I own my own buisness now (Im 24) but I do regret not studying to be a pyschologist. Always loved studying the human brain and helping people out. Maybe its not too late to become one? Im not sure though...

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #22 MortalTombat, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    Started a few months past my 15th birthday, only became regular after my 17th though. Within those two years I could count the occurrences using my fingers.
    Even then, regular was 3-4 times a month. Another 2 years on and with no education to worry about it's now 3-4 times a week.
    As to any possible side effects, it didn't stop me from not getting anything less than a B at GCSE, so no I don't think I've suffered any.

I also have EXTREME ADHD as well and i find it very very difficult to focus when high. Could you elaborate on why and how that got better as you got older? I need a miracle cure haha

4. I first had a joint at 13 but didn't keep on smoking picked back up at 19 and am now 38 still love it. But I'd have time say it does stunt your emotional growth if u smoke as a young teenager. My son was doing fine at school and I've noticed a huge change in his behaviour and even just his every day on-to-it-ness. It's only been since he meet some friends who got him into smoking. It bummed me out hard cos like all parents I want him to grow up with good education and future. Now he doesn't think about things the same and everything except weed is boring.

5. #25 pussyriot, Jun 5, 2013
    My auntie studied to be a psychologist when she wad fifty u have soooo much time go for it

6. It is the same for me so don't worry. All you have to do is realize that weed is truly an ADHD medicine and just try to do new things high that you normally wouldnt be able to focus on easily. I started building model cars for a while as one of my first high activites that involved thinking. I would stay high the whole time and just focus on being high and perfecting the car.

Basically just find new ways of doing things and using the weed to your advantage. I am in college and I usually smoke before class, while doing homework, I double toke before tests, and etc... I guess that over time I got used to how weed effects me and I manipulated those effects in my favor rather then just getting couch lock or getting stoned to escape reality; instead, I now enhance reality.

7. I started in 1967 at 16yo......only bad side effect?......Jail.....

8. Awesome point bro! Well said

9. 12 lmfao in 7th grade got threatened by this Mexican dealer that I caught selling he said if I told he would kick my ass so me and my friend bought some so he knows we wouldn't snitch lol got high as fuck in my closet that day rolled itin printer paper lmfao! I miss those days I remember making a whole bag of Tyson chicken wings and tgi Friday fries lmfao

10. #30 hyperballad, Jun 5, 2013
    21. Im 24 now. I was a very "scared of everything" kind of girl in high school. I hardly touched alcohol, even though in high school I lived where 16 was the legal drinking age.I didnt have my first real experience (like actually finishing a drink) with alcohol until I turned 21 actually. I was shy as fuck around anyone especially the opposite sex. Idk what happened when I turned 20/21, but all that went out the window lol. 

One day I was hanging out with some friends and I decided to hit a blunt in rotation. I had always loved the smell of weed, just never tried it. I havent been a regular user since I turned 21 though. I would say maybe within the last year or so I've started smoking more. 

11. I see what's happening here

12. 7th grade of so, so I was 12-13. It helped/helps alot with my ADHD and it helped me alot through my awkward teens :)

13. You party animal!

DowntownClownFrown DowntownClownFrown

14. Really? Please do elaborate. I'm so shocked, I mean, I had no idea! How did you find this out; have you contacted the authorities?
    http://www.fbi.gov/

15. Didn't start smoking until 17. Don't really need to be doing drugs when you're 15. Not really mature enough to put it where it belongs on the list of priorities imo.

16. Weekend smoking at 14, then regularly smoking at 16. I don't think It's done anything bad to me, you just have to be able to handle it. When I was 14, I could nooot handle it. I didn't do any of my homework and just relied on my test grades to keep me at around a B average. With strict asian and jewish parents, they were not happy at all. Once sophomore year rolled around, I started to get my shit together and rewarded myself with a daily toke. Parents were happy with my grades, I was happy with my weed and millions of pets. It was a win win situation hahaha

17. Ya, he got the boot.

18. Cigarettes and bud started at 10.

19. I like to have a good time, but Im far from a party animal. haha

20. Started at 14 and smoked everyday until probation (completely unrelated on some stupid shit) the. Picked back up when i was 15 and stopped again when i was 16 and started again when i was 18 and now im 20. The only reason i stopped when i was 16 was because i lived with my grandma in the country at that age and didnt know where to get any then.

The only side affects i notice are that i forget all kinds of shit all the time. As for my graduation test scores they were all 450's and higher and even though i didnt graduate i got 500's and higher in every subject on the ged. I also didnt study for either of them but i did get baked before i went in to take it. Even though i forget everything im still far from dumb. Which is what most stoners get labeled.