At Least 6 White House Advisers Used Private Email Accounts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Sep 27, 2017.

1. At Least 6 White House Advisers Used Private Email Accounts

During the 2016 presidential race, Mr. Trump repeatedly harped on Hillary Clinton’s use of a private account as secretary of state, making it a centerpiece of his campaign and using it to paint her as untrustworthy. “We must not let her take her criminal scheme into the Oval Office,” Mr. Trump said last year. His campaign rallies often boiled over with chants of “Lock her up!”

The hypocrisy of the situation is just stunning.

"Lock 'em up!"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I think you missed the point about the Clinton e-mail scandal. It's not that she just used a private e-mail account.

She installed a private e-mail server in her own residence for the sole purpose of hiding information from the government, information that was required by law to be retained and archived by the government. She claimed there was precedent for this; there wasn't. No Secretary of State ever installed a private e-mail server in their house. Classified information was then passed through a server which federal investigators claimed was less safe than g-mail. She then had her staff physically destroy evidence and her IT guy was caught on reddit asking how to delete an e-mail address from archived e-mails on an exchange server. On top of that, she lied the entire time about it and some members of her staff were granted immunity in exchange for their testimony (meaning that their testimony would have incriminated them).

In short, using a private e-mail account wasn't the issue.
    Starting an e-mail server in your house to illegally pass highly classified information through it was.

That really was the least of her worries though. Her campaign manager John Podesta was so fucking stupid that his password was runner12345 and his IT staff didn't know a phishing link when he saw it. I think the contents of the Podesta e-mails was worse PR for her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

3. I guess our liberal friend left that part out. LOL

4. this isn't about liberal or conservative. it's just what happened.

i think trump is a piece of garbage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. You can address your complaints to trump. She was rightfully investigated and nothing came out of it...

Yet "private emails" was the only thing that the orange fool kept on repeating.

How do you know what are the contents of the emails sent by the current administration? Installing a private server makes no difference vs operating a Gmail account. Don't try to make it sound like one issue supercedes the other.

I didn't care then, and I don't really care now. If you fail to see the irony of the situation, there's nothing I can do about that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well, you have that right to express your thoughts. And thats what I do too. Isn't it great to be american. MAGA!

7. i dont have any complaints. i just think you're severely understating what the clinton email scandal was about. she didn't use a private account, she had a whole damn server that highly classified info passed through. also, nothing came of it because of their connections to loretta lynch. it was purely political. and im sure if it was a republican candidate who did this, and a republican attorney general, the results would have been the same. i have no idea what are in the emails of trump's advisors. i just found out about it ten minutes ago. i'll let you know if i find out more about it. as of right now though, nothing says any of them set up an email server.

• Like Like x 2
  8. So what? Hillary ran the state dept using hers and nothing was done???? What's the big deal? Why not expose every secret we ever had to any hacker who can get it....Hillary is still running around bitching cause she lost when she should be behind bars. If it's a "nothing burger" for her, then it's the same for all. TWW

9. For those that insist on bitching about Trump's rhetoric/antics just remember he was still the better choice.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. She used a private email to conduct government business when she was a government employee. You are not a government employee when you are running for president. You are not conducting official government business. It is absolutely no problem to have a private email as a candidate or any adviser to a candidate.

You're so excited to point fingers you don't even care if you argument has any foundation at all.

11. who cares if it's a server or a gmail account?
    google has a million servers on their networks... if anything having a private dedicated server is more secure than using a public email account.

but regardless you are focused on the wrong thing. hardware server or virtual server doesn't make a difference today. most "servers" are in the cloud nowadays.

12. Lol you don't understand what a server even is. Hilarious :laughing:

Do a little homework and get back to us

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. #13 well highdrated, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Like this one?
    Report: Jared Kushner used a private email server for White House work

Tell me was the "server" running postfix or using third party smtp relay?..

Our local email IT genius ... thanks for your contribution :laughing:

It's funny when you try to call someone out on a topic that's way outside of your knowledge. Almost as ironic as this story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Well she's a Clinton did you really expect the justice system to work against her?

And an entire server is a bit different from a Gmail account. One is owned by yourself, the other by Google.

And Secretary of State is a bigger job than advisor I would think(dafuq does Kushner even do anyways? Probably shady shit I imagine)

15. Not a big deal... Except "Agent Orange" (trump).. ran a vast part of his camapiagn on this issue alone. Use of private email by Clinton.

And trump supporters just couldn't get enough of it. FBI investigation revealed nothing, leaked emails revealed nothing ... Yet, this issue was almost as highly appreciated as the fake wall.

And now we're going to have to add trump's administration irresponsible use of email to the list of many fuckups.

And I don't have any argument, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation as reported by multiple news outlets. I didn't invent this situation, go cry to the retards who are running our country.

16. I'm not sure how you can't see that this is a completely different circumstance. Clinton conducted sensitive official government business against the law on unsecured equipment.

Someone who's a private citizen uses a private email to conduct their own communication and you think that's the same thing? One is against the law and one is not.

In order to be a hypocrite you have to actually do what you are denouncing. I don't see that here.

17. Lol he makes like 10 Trump bashing threads per day, I don't think that much thought goes into each one. Shovel enough shit and people are bound to step in some of it.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Hell yeah, lets keep this place classy. We gotta stop these people from bringing down the value of the neighborhood!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. do you think the "server in her basement" was just that and ended there? or maybe something more sinister was at play? my crazy idea was that she passed on info though her private server

20. Read the articles more carefully. These are not private citizens like you and I.

They are government officials using private email for government business.

If you think the reports are not accurate bring it up with the NYT or tech crunch. Where did you get the idea that it was private communication? The article clearly states "work related" and "during the first seven months" meaning they were already in the office.
    Quoted below for reference to help with reading comprehension. Good luck.

The disclosures came a day after news surfaced that Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and adviser, used a private email account to send or receive about 100 work-related emails during the administration’s first seven months. But Mr. Kushner was not alone. Stephen K. Bannon, the former chief White House strategist, and Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, also occasionally used private email addresses. Other advisers, including Gary D. Cohn and Stephen Miller, sent or received at least a few emails on personal accounts, officials said.