At Least 50 Christians MASSACRED in Church Attack (The Nigerian Genocide Continues)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dub C, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Love you too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I don't think Mvn was particularly diplomatic in starting her contribution here with an accusation of whataboutism (it infuriated me)

but you cast the first stone here, Green.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Are you no longer on the left, though? Enough on this particular discussion, I hear you. But I put some extra effort into you because I thought you were relatively aligned with the social democratic left, tending towards progressivism in support of BLM and censorship and so on.

How did I get it so wrong?

4. I agree, some folk like to accuse,label and not hold themselves accountable .
    It's a wot, ..waste of time ,usually.
    Not you tho VT, we're all hoping things get better over there .:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have you taken a political compass test?

I didn’t realize those are the types of things you align solely with being left leaning or libertarian…that’s a bit strange.
    We don’t talk about corporate exploitation? Rejecting the establishment? Criminal rehabilitation? “Counter terrorism” and social liberty? Immigration? Schooling?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yes, several, throughout the years. I haven't found one I'm very happy with. I always land quite far to the left. Which makes sense - our right wing-parties are to the left of Bernie.

I do align those types of things with being left, yes. I don't think that's unreasonable. Critique of Islam should be a left-wing thing, given how extremely vicious that religion is to women and minority groups like atheists and LGBTQ+. Systematically. Globally. Yet it isn't. More often, critique of Islam is associated with racism.

So, where do you put yourself now? I know that you regularly and almost exclusively critique the US right, and I know now that you absolutely don't want to be lumped in with leftists and liberals.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Not all of you, GD.

I know who my friends are.

8. I meant to say most Americans that I know, basically good,family folk.

9. With that particular subject no, actually several subjects don’t totally fit the way I lean politically that the left align with, sometimes I’m not so sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fwiw, i think you're like most of "us"; middle of the road, lean to the right on some issues, lean to the left on others. you're an empath and you tend to lean that way on people issues but that's your nature and not to be confused with politics per se. i dont think you are any more "radical" than myself or anyone else. i also think you're beginning to see behind the curtain of Oz and you're learning how fake all the politicians are, how empty their promise are, and how corrupt they are once they engage in the machine.

If so, welcome aboard the "normal train". if not so, i reckon i've proven myself wrong yet again :laughing: :confused_2:.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. #31 Mvndanke, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    You’re right possum, I am middle of the road (at times) and I realize that if I went into a majority liberal/left leaning space they wouldn’t like me much, same goes for a majority conservative space.

I’m an INFP mediator personality. A lot of the times I react emotionally to political issues, which OBVIOUSLY isn’t always the best, it takes a minute for me to take a step back and try to read the room. I said whataboutism because initially I guess I thought this shooting reference was being used to distract us from what just happened in my state, and then being blamed on liberals somehow. It’s not that I Don’t care about the African victims, and it’s not that I have a hard time critiquing Islam- at all..

Side note- what I’m starting to realize is that a lot of the streamers and political commentary I watch, I need to fact check as well. I’ve made so many mistakes recently believing these people at face value when at times, they are blatantly spreading misinformation and it’s kind of a bummer.

You have to dig so deep to get to the truth.

But that’s what growth is like, I’m far from perfect and even farther from being right about ANYTHING. But I do love my neighbors and want the best for everyone when it’s all said and done.

it’s hard to not be reactionary especially when people throw BLM in my face when it has absolutely nothing to do with it. It’s hard to believe people are acting on good faith. It’s hard to believe anything these days.

sorry OP about your thread. And rambling bye.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sorry but you really know little about this. I don't think you've ever been to Africa, let alone Nigeria, yet you happily accept what some social media post tells you.
    Nigeria is a huge country with over 75 languages, including pidgin, which I speak. The South, East, and West are mainly Christian with an underlying layer of animism, or juju, and are agricultural. Moving to the north you find the Hausa and Fulani, herding cultures. Freely roaming cattle and agriculture don't mix and I should hardly need to remind Americans of their own history of this. And so you get terrible conflict.
    At the same time the Nigerian branch of militant Islam (ISIS) persists in the north because the government forces are poorly armed, poorly led, and unmotivated. And so you get those people raiding towns and villages and massacring people.
    So there are two major issues to consider so far.
    Then there is the secessionist problem with the East (see: Biafra war) also causing violence.

Try not to shout about things for which you don't have the background or cultural knowledge. Stick to what you know. These are complicated issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. #33 Possuum, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Christians, Catholics, Muslims, Jews, Aetheists, Pagans, and "the undead" have been slaughtering each other since time immemorial smh. they're still slaughtering each other today especially muslims. outside of some asian communities (Japan, China for ex), muslims "hate" like no other group imo. does that make them more evil than the vatican-pedo pushers that filters down through all dogmas of christianity? idk, what are the degrees of evil? look at paelstine - is what goes on there rise to the level of evil? If left alone i'm confident the sunni and shia tribes would resort to machetes to kill each other over their religious beliefs, and the same holds true for israel and palestinians - wholesale slaughter.

religion for the sake of "religion" is a hypocrites game. every conflict, skirmish, "special operation", or war ever fought has at its roots religious dogma or natural resources. one of either, "my prophet is more divine than your prophet", or, "give me what you got". every single one. I can understand needing the basics of food, shelter, safety, water being a reason for war but religion? ha! i call bs on that one.

edit: if anyone doesn't know, just like iran postures to hate israel so does china hate japan. that hate runs deep, is generational, and has been significant in the 20th century forward. those two countries have been wanting to destroy one another since at least ww2. that's hate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. i dig what your saying and also live close by, this is a bait thread and yes race is the bait, also a attempt to stir a pot of shit for all the war room folks around, most of all it isnt a surprise at all that religion is again attacked,it is written of what we christains will come to pass with , this is old old news and the bait was feed for the color of there skin, religion doesnt have a color or political gain , it is a spirit that we believe as do others have there spirits,my oldest boy spirit is whiskey , i dont really agree with things you talk of sometimes ,but i do lend a ear if you ever need it.
    so dont defend us girl we have a full team above,thanks for the kind words of wisdom , it has been a very sad time here in the state and happened not far from me and honestly if there is any blame it is right here that we talk on,the internet has made many copy cat crimes and all fueled by media ,sad times just sad .

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. That’s pretty much the vibe I got from it so I reacted the way that I did. Thank you for seeing that too, I feel less alone in the way I was feeling. It’s really sad, so many shootings here lately, and such young kids, such a preventable crime. Just failure all around and so many lost their lives.

thank you for your kind words as well, it’s been a rough couple of weeks for my fellow Texans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. #36 VikingToker, Jun 9, 2022
    Aha. I hope you understand why I was confused by your rejection of being associated with leftists and liberals.

Your longer post above gives some clarity. You have to understand us, too, Mvn. 50 people murdered and your one-word response was whataboutism. Not a single expression of empathy until you were pushed. Do you understand why that really hurts, comes across as inhumanely political, and can cause people to react with some antagonism? Especially those who are fond of you, and care what you say. I can explain why I brought BLM into the picture, if you'd like to go down that lane.

Edit: What is your stance on 'this particular subject', then? Now I'm curious.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #37 VikingToker, Jun 9, 2022
    I lived in Nigeria. He's not wrong, I don't see where you corrected him. They make their diversity work really well in Nigeria, all things considered. Most of those groups get along really well. Diversity doesn't necessarily have to entail conflict. But there's one group that doesn't fit in so well with the rest. And that pattern isn't exclusive to Nigeria.

Worldwide, Muslims are attacking and killing Christians at a far, far higher rate than the other way around. This is just another expression of that. I don't think it's unfair to comment on that brutality.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. I'm a simple man, I look for simple solutions, here is a super quick breakdown of Fox vs Msnbc viewers (from pos.org)
    [​IMG]

To me, I see its mostly white people watching either side. It occurs to me, that white people, might be more interested in other white people they can more easily see themselves in, so they turn more to Ukraine news (lots of Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians there too) or school shootings (much closer to home, more fear, more views).

Once I see the financial incentive, I typically don't feel the need to look further.

19. I agree. The media is not out to tell us the truth. They are out only to make a profit. As a very wise man once said "the media is the enemy of the people". Even Chris Cuomo was being honest for once when he said "the media is not your friend."

20. #40 Dub C, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    No, this thread had nothing to do with with the shooting in Texas.. That was not at all in my mind when I posted this. That was obviously horrible, as are all shootings, mass or otherwise. But while we are on the subject, it was just a blatant lie for people like Beta O'Rourke and the dementia patient in the White House to claim that mass shootings only happen if in the United States.