At it again with a few ?'s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420lover, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Well I am starting a new grow, but it has been a while since my last one. A few questions to get back into it. I planted last week and had been under flouros 24/7. When should I switch to 18/6? ANd at what point should I switch to the flowering lights? When they are about 1'? I will also be lsting again if that matters. Thanks guys this is a great forum with tons of help.

2. I just got through reading a question/answer from Jorge's RX in Hightimes magazine (Feb. 2005) called Inducing Females. The grower asked...My plants sprouted three days ago. How long should I keep them under 24 hours of light? Should I change them to another light schedule?
    Jorge replied.. Growing seedlings under 24 hours of light will promote more male than female plants. Growing clones under 24 hours of light will produce good strong clones. Your best choice is to grow seedlings under 14 hours of light and 10 hours of darkness to achieve a higher ratio of females. Environmental factors influence sex when seedlings have three sets of true leaves. Further increase the probablity of female plants by keeping the level of nitrogen high and potassium low for the first two weeks of growth. Maintaining a temperature level below 70 degrees F will also promote more females. In addition, high humidity (70%-80%) will induce more plants to be females. Use a warm white lamp with higher levels of blue in the spectrum to generate more females. Don't forget to keep stress to a minimum. Any stress...water, temp, humidity, wind...will promote more male plants.

I'm new to this forum but I've been growing my own for about 5 years and have always used 18/6 from sprouted seeds grown to about a foot tall then induce flowering at 12/12. Hope to learn some new info here and hopefully I can help out along the way. Good luck!!:)

golddigger