At first, I too was a skeptic..

Discussion in 'General' started by Ozstoners Sucks, Dec 28, 2011.

1. #1 Ozstoners Sucks, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    .. But I find myself actually liking these forums.

I mean, sure, you got some trolls hiding in the shadows stewing on how sad and angry they are: Waiting for some unsuspecting happy camper to walk past so they can criticize and make scary noises at them.. ..they do get annoying at times.

But overall, there's a good enough mix of personalities, that the trolls really are the minority, and very easily ignored. You never get the impression that you're going to be neck-deep in trollies, you know what I mean ;)

The last forum I got suspended, then banned from, had one big clique group of know-all, supremacists who seemed to believe that they alone are taking Marijuana to "new heights", and new-comers are discouraged from speaking out of turn: "You're a new member of Ozstoners, best just sit in the corner, and watch and learn from us uber-growers, maybe one day we'll let you have an opinion, but for now, it's our forum, and you're a new here, so shut the fuck up and get back in your box" - that sorta thing.

But here, there's no one group stroking one anothers egos, so aside from the mundane, dull negativity of a few hateful forum members, it's pretty well balanced :D

That's all I got to say on the topic :)

:metal:

2. cool story bro :cool:

3. I liked this forum too till I took an arrow to the knee.

4. aware.

5. But unlike Ozstoners, this board has enough diversity in it's members that you don't have to regret you bothered to sign-up: Just /ignore and move on, easy :)

And you don't find yourself spending all day debating a point with the ENTIRE population of the board :thumbsup:

6. luckily we created a place here called 'seasoned tokers' for all those people :cool:

7. You can still do that here as well.:cool:

8. You watch: An angry trollite will come along and at a pinch of bitterness, .. any time now.. :)

But I rather like adding to my /ignore list, so it's all good :D

9. We have fuckin' ignore lists?!:cool:

10. Well, you can if you feel like it, I love arguing, but when the arguments sole purpose is that "Try and make yourself look good by making them look bad" .. it's just an irritation, pft :)

11. True.

I just wanted to use that joke tbh. I saw a chance and I took it, this is probably one of the best forums I've joined in a long time.

Sure there may be some stuff that seem kind of strange to me, but the people here are pretty cool.

12. I have mine bookmarked, for copy/paste easy access :metal:

13. Yeah, there's a lot of diversity though. There is one group who stand out above the others. Who have opinions which stand over those of others. As of now though there's only one user who is part of that group. Mogwai

*goes to create Mogwai usergroup

14. Thread is now about cute animal babies.

Attached Files:

15. That looks delicious.

16. The majority of users - thus far, I have found - are NOT the cranky, bitter old men, you'll find on some other forums *cough-you-cough-know-cough-who*

Honestly,.. I figured I'd join, and get a groundhog day repeat of the last board, then be off joining rollitup or some other board within a few days, but no!: There's more positivity than negativity, which is refreshing, given the net is full of e-bullies, hiding in their dark room, talking like big-men from the safety of their parents houses :)

:cool: indeed :) I highly approve :)

17. This thread is now about statistical dynamics in theoretical physics

18. Awww.. If the theme of the photo wasn't so sickeningly cute, what's that a baby fox?

19. *gasps* VOLDEMORT?!

20. i would say that between 80-90% of the active users on this forum are between 20-30.