At a loss

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FSEFilut, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Ok so i started my first grow last saturday and it hasn't been going to hot. Long story short i had a plant that was doing great for the past week and now all of a sudden its really droopy and some leaves are curling down and some are curling up and it has some small brown spots on it. First i thought maybe i had overwatered it when it started out just droopy but its getting worse and worse. I am using miracle grow organic and i read some where on this site someone had a problem with miracle grow and it did the same thing to plants. I also have fungus gnats which i heard come in miracle grow too. I was told to spray light soap and water on the soil and plant to kill the gnats so i did that last night and now the plants are like this. So in a nut shell i dont know if maybe the soapy water did this or the miracle grow or maybe something else. Also are these plants savable and if so should i replant them in some fox farm? big thank you in advanced.

2. #2 FSEFilut, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
    Ok so this morning I went this morning to check on it and now the leaf tips that are curling up are breaking off. the plant is really crispy and dry. I need help asap. I have no clue what is happening one day the plant is doing really well then yesterday its like this. Some please help me, should i repot it or just get two new clones. Oh and I forgot my gnat problem, the whole reason i sprayed soapy water in the first place has honestly at least doubled in numbers. I am no expert at plants but I am not this bad at growing WTH is going on.

3. #3 spaceace73, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
    Well it is kind of hard to diagnose without pics. But the gnats could be causing all your problems or you might have a deficiency of some kind, like i said hard to say without a pic. The easiest way to control gnats is with Vectobac, Gnatrol, and Bactimos. The best thing you can to keep them under control till you can eliminate the gnats is not over watering they love soggy humid dirt thats what they feed on. Cover your dirt with something so algae wont grow, and you can get some of those yellow sticky traps for insects and get them as close to the plants as you can. As for the maricle grow soil I use it, I know people that use it never really had problems with it. With pics i might be able to help you a little more but for now this is all i can tell ya, hope it helped.

-spaceace

4. How much soap did you use? It can definetely burn your plants so you have to be careful and use no more than around 1/4 teaspoon per quart. Fungus gnats aren't gonna kill your plants, I don't like them but they won't take down a grown healthy plant. Now if you had spider mites or something like that it'd be a different story. You can use sticky fly traps to kill the adults or bowls of plain water(they'll seek the water out and drown themselves:devious:). Dissolve mosquito dunks in some water and spray it on the plants(since the larvae can be on the plants too) and soak the soil with it. Mosquito dunks work against fungus gnat larvae really well and should eliminate them after a couple applications. The stuff is a bacteria that won't hurt the plant(or you) and that way you don't have to use any chemicals.

But like I said fungus gnats aren't gonna take down your girls, some people don't even bother getting rid of them. For the most part they only usually consume dead organic matter, sometimes they hav beenknow to nibble on the new roots of seedlings but that dosen't happen very often. You most likely burned them with the soap, spay them down with ph 5.8 water, back off the nutes for a while, and don't use any strong hid lighting until they recover(which hopefully they will). And yes a more thourough diagnosis could be made if you had some pics. Good luck bro I'll say a prayer for your girls. Peace:hippie: