Astrology and who you are.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by MrVoorhees, Aug 15, 2011.

1. {Esoteric Astrology}

Astrology has fallen out of fashion - mainly due to the backlash of cheesy horoscope predictions during a time of reagan and oppressive conservatism. Now it is common to dismiss astrology without understanding or knowing anything about it.

Astrology is the study of the planets and how they interact with you as a person and society and mankind as a whole. How does that all work? I really don't know but I am going to do my best to explain it as I understand it.

Quantum physics shows that everything is energy. Man has used four metaphors to describe the essence of these energies. They are known in different religions, the occult, ancient civilizations, etc as Fire, Earth, Air and Water. It is important to differentiate and not to confuse the actual physical elements as found on earth: H20, actual fire, actual oxygen, a rock.

These words , when used to describe the elements, are metaphors for the energy of existence. I am not even sure the majority of occultists and alchemists understood this.

A quick example: Fire is the emanating energy while Water is the receptive energy. We now have push and pull in terms of energy. In and out. Give and take. Male and Female. And on and on.

I am now going to skip the subject of elements as it is an entire other topic that I am not qualified to write about. They say if you cant explain something simply then you dont understand it. Well; I dont understand the elements yet.

Apparently these are the four main energies that make up the building block of existence. Now planets and placement in the galaxy effect these four energies in lots and lots of different ways. You as a person is also made up of these four energies in your own unique configuration. What does that mean?

It means we are both receptors and emitters of our own personal combination of the elements. It means we both need and crave certain energy to stay healthy and happy as well as being sensitive to these energies.

Most astrologers believe that the moment you take your first breath and the exact alignment of the stars (your Natal Chart) determines who you are as a person. I disagree.

I think not know that when you are born; you are born with certain lessons to be learned in this lifetime. You choose your body, location, circumstance (family, wealth, ability) based upon what you hope to achieve in this lifetime.

In other words - you are born at a specific time and place and location, with the certain astrological energies, for a purpose! You were born who you are to learn the lessons needed for this lifetime which may be something as simple as happiness or raising a family Or another way to say it - You were born who you are for a reason. I think that is pretty cool.

There are a lot of different names for being who you are suppose to be in life. We even have descriptions about being 'lost in society when we are off the path of who we are. The occult calls it living your 'Will'. If you follow the energies that are laid out for you; you can live in harmony with ,well, the universe and life.

The great thing is the how to do it has been all figured out. If you know the time, date and location of where you were born - astrology tells you what planets were where and what it all means. It is like having a road map to life.

Is everything going to apply to everyone? Of course not. Think of it as statistics of psychology. Not everything is applicable to everyone due to free will, environment,external influences - culture, education etc. I also believe some people are much more sensitive to these energies then others. People who are less sensitive to these energies, with the influence of free will and time, stray further and further from receptiveness. This is not a negative in their life at all.

You were born for a purpose and reason in life. Where and when you were born determine the energies you are receptive and influenced by. These energies are put together in a specific combination to help you live the life that you were intended to live. Awareness can give clue to your purpose in life as well as help you to live a happier life.

Pretty cool huh?

Cheers Blades!:smoking::wave:

2. I've got a thing for Scorpios.

3. ive always thought you could sense possible outcomes based on the alignment of everyting but there is no we our primitive minds can process that much info

astonomy is bs, just like christianity,

4. I think the astral alignments affect us always. I always notice I have moments of growth when there is a full moon. (The moon is my "ruler" as I have a cancer sun sign)

5. im a scorpio, i always thought something with astrology was up lol

6. Astrology is to anthropocentric for me

7. I'm a Pisces and I still don't get why the place the planets and stars of the universe were in when I was born has any bearing on my life. Why do their placements change this 'energy' you speak of? All you've given me is that 'everything is energy and that effects us', so what?

Maybe i'm not getting it, I just think you make humanity far too important in the grander scheme of the cosmos, as the above poster said, it's too anthropocentric. Sounds like airy fairy bullshit to me, but maybe i'm just being stupid...

8. #8 MrVoorhees, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    No one is being stupid.

If astrology is not for you; then it is not for you.

It is hard to dismiss astrology if you dont know where your planets are, and more importantly, what that means? There is much more to your chart then simply what sign you were born. If you have never seen a natal interpretation of your chart done before - how do you know if Astrology is accurate or not?

Seems rather closed minded to me. Whether one believe's in the esoteric part or not; there is a reason that some extremely intelligent human beings have studied astrology since way B.C. ; they even risked death for the study during the Dark Ages (of course).

A study about human nature does not go unchanged for over 2000+ years if there is no merit to it. It isnt a religion and it isnt trying to convert - so you can't compare it as such. Think about it. A serious, complicated study of human nature that remains unchanged for that long and it isnt worth contemplating past your initial preconceived prejudices.

Trust me guys. There is some good stuff in what I wrote. I promise.

9. I guess i'm just thinking about it too practically. I just don't get how the planet's and star's positions affect my life, or can predict anything about my life.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp2Zqk8vHw]James Randi on Astrology - YouTube[/ame]

11. ^What does that mean? (Besides of course that James Randi is an elaborate prankster:cool:)

12. it means that horoscopes are generally made up of vague descriptions that could apply to anyone. people tend to ignore the parts that don't apply to them and focus on ones that do

here's what carl sagan has to say on astrology:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iunr4B4wfDA[/ame]

13. A more elaborate version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk]Derren Brown Astrology - YouTube[/ame]

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlVMfOjyHVA]Jim Morrison's views on Astrology - YouTube[/ame]

15. i dont believe in that astrology stuff much, but strangely I went to an astrology psychic once for fun at some fair when i was like 14. And everything she told me has come true.
    Could be coincidence but there might be something to that shit.

Apparently ill die in a foreign country. Thats the one thing yet to come true.

16. #16 Philosiraptor, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    Why do you assume it has to be anthropocentric? It's pretty clear how our moon affects our planet/us, why not believe that much larger objects affect us?

How do you know that we don't affect the planets? (I don't believe that but how can we really be sure)

Most people who discredit astrology only poke fun at/know about horoscopes (the kind only based off of sun sign)

17. A person standing next to you exerts more gravitational force on you than the moon.

18. My fault.I wrote this coming from the wrong angle. My intention was to try and explain some rather advanced [for me] insight into astrology, the occult, alchemy, metaphysics and quantum physics but in an understandable way. Astrology is the occult. Sure; this might not be for you but by reading this post hopefully you have been exposed to something new or at least were entertained for 90 seconds.

I rewrote this part to make it clearer. Chances are it is still gobbily goop to most everyone?

Quantum physics shows that everything is energy. Man has used four metaphors to describe the essence of these energies. They are known across a diverse medium as Fire, Earth, Air and Water. It is important to differentiate, and not to confuse ,these with the actual physical elements as found on earth: H20, actual fire, actual oxygen, a rock.  These words , when used to describe the elements, are metaphors for the essence of the energies of existence. This energy makes up the frequencies of existence.

We are both receptors and emitters of our own personal combination of these energies. Knowledge of your own unique combination of these energies can give insight into who you are as a person and your life purpose. With awareness you may also seek out types of energy that are beneficial and positive for you.

19. I like what you wrote. I may be interested in doing a bit more research on astrology. And most people who take an active stance against another theory demonstrate an obvious lack of understanding of the essence of what is being said, and therefore there opinion is rather insignificant. I like what you wrote about "earth, wind, fire, and air" referring to certain ESSENCES, as opposed to the actual "things" themselves. I think this is the problem that humans have in really understanding things, and there connections. People define things far too rigidly, with too strict of an interpretation, and therefore tend to miss the essence of what is said. I think reforming the way we understand language would be indescribably beneficial in our progress towards understanding in general.

20. I removed all the jargon and nothing new was stated.