astrology and the elements

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by windchime159, Oct 10, 2010.

1. I really doubt most people who doubt astrology know anything more about it than the horoscope in a newspaper.

Astrology is a mathematical science that depends on the exact minute of birth, you have to be vague when your describing an entire month of people, but it gets rather specific when you do an actual birthchart.

I don't study astrology in particular just have a general knowledge, so I can't say that I spot this or that sign ever, for right now it's not of key importance to me.

2. What about it is science? If I gave you an interpretation of your personality based on the letters of your birth name, would that be science?

3. :laughing: :hello:

4. What principles link the time of birth etc. to any assertions or hypotheses astrologists make?

5. It is a science in that each planet changes in location and it is all calculated out. As I said I'm not an expert on astrology, however the time of your birth would change what influences affect you, and when a birth chart is drawn out it requires calculating as well as geometry to make a precise prediction of how that person is or will be like. Every year around the same time bad things happen in my life, it's been like that all my life. I didn't look into astrology until about last year, and wouldn't you know it, it has an astrological influence behind it that time every year.

You need to debate with one of these guys who actually specialize in astrology though, cuz like I said, it's not my field.

6. writing up a birth chart is like taking a snap shot of the solar system at your time of birth

each planet [and the sun and moon] have a part in your personality

the sun is your major signs [some argue the moon is just as important but it deals more with your day to day hour by hour way of going about things] , the sun will tell you your overlining qualitys and nature and is what people refure to as 'your sign" ex. i am an aquarius because my sun was in aquarius at my time of birth. this is the sign you go off and anyone in that sign will be generally like that , but this is only part of it which is why it is so general and not specific

if you google a birth chart youll see around the chart are the zodiac signs "just like the star constalations are around our solar system"

now each planet is going to be in a different sign

for me im this Sun aqarius moon Taurus Mercury Aqaruis venus aqarius mars capircorn jupiter scorpio saturn pices uranus capircorn neptune capircorn pluto scorpio

from this an astrologer can say i am a free thinking independant person [sun] who needs a level of social security in his everyday life[moon] i enjoy having intelectual conversations [mercury] and requires an intelligent partner in his love life but will be distant and require space [venus] , i am a goal driven person who uses his energy to try to move up the ladder in life [mars] , i am also interested in pushing the limits of my faith and exploring unorthodox beliefs [jupiter] , i also have issue staying organized and learning from my past because i tend to live in my head to much and it caues unhappyness [saturn]

all you gotta do is know each zodiacs qualities and applie it to the area in which each planet effects , mercury effects your communication , venus your love life , mars your energy , juptier your belief system , saturn your structure and learning ability

its very very complicated and this is honestly just the surface , there are different houses , conjuncions , alighnments , returns , elements but the more complicated you get the more on the dot your birth chart gets to who you are. i could keep this going for 2 hours but im going to stop now

the plants up to saturn are for you but neptune and uranus and pluto are known as "generation planets" as it takes those planets many years to pass through each sign and are said to give each generation that comes along different qualities

7. I understand that there is a basis in fact (in so far as a planet being in a specific position at a specific time, etc., are facts).
    What scientific principles allow one to say that because these planets were in these positions, etc. at this time, you will be hot tempered on Wednesday (or whatever claim you want to make)? That is what I have trouble calling science.

8. it is hard to call science because we dont understand how it actually works , but its clear that it works and that somthing being somwhere in a birth chart does in fact show how the person is

they didnt just make up all the meanings they discoverd and recorded and edited and figured out what each sign and planet is like by studying people in those signs. they see that all 10 people of one sign do one thing and act one way and 10 people with another act that way , maybe its somtimes 8/10 or 9/10 but its clear that the sign shows us that

maybe in the far future we will discover the scientific side to it and figure out how it works but for now thats all we have and it takes a small bit of faith to trust in it , but when you really get into it and study it it becomes very clear how relivant it is