Astral Projection

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ThaChronic6, Oct 18, 2007.

1. " In astral projection the conscious mind leaves the physical body and moves into the astral body"

This is tough to grasp. But sometimes when im really stoned jus layin on my bed our couch i can close my eyes and feel that "out of body" feeling and i have conscious dreams of space travel. Sometimes its hard to come out of, lasting a good hour or two, and sometimes its like 5 mins.

Is this astral projection? or a really good re-occurring dream?

anyone?

[​IMG]

2. I've read books on both Astral projection and lucid dreaming and I've studied the techniques. Do they work? yes but..

When I have vivid OBE like dreams I would like to believe I'm out of my body but they seem more like powerful vivid dream with semi to full lucidity. Also I've had stuff like astral sight when I'm really zoned out with my eyes closed. but all that’s is really is my mind showing me my house or is it? I would love to say it's OBE but I see it as the power of the mind.

Thchronic I would say it's a the power of the mind doing it, until the day we meet out of body I wouldn't goes as far as to say these are OBE,s but they could be just I'm 50/50 on the whole thing. you should decribe those OBE/lucid dream more more sounds intresting

You can program your mind to do all sorts of things while dream/obe. I've experienced stuff like Phasing through walls, Flying and telekinesis pretty cool dreams. It's almost like your minds a holodeck.

Here’s an early example my first lucid dream. Pretty short.
    I’m in my bedroom walking around a look at the mirror and felt an odd sensation then it hit me and I said to myself ‘wow I’m lucid’. Thinking of what to do I first thought let me sty and summon a super model. That didn’t work but I was still really excited to be lucid so I jumped out the window and started to fly. It was an amazing feeling flying around my road looking at people houses from a top down view. This only lasted for about 30 seconds because I was so excited I woke up. First OBE/Lucid dream I ever had since I started reading the books. That was 6 years ago. Had many more since then

3. For lucid dreaming and Astral projection the mind must be at peace and the only time I get that is when i am very stoned.

I have read alot of meterial on websites and old books that say you must have a clear mind as well (no drinking, no mind altering drugs)

but then I thought to myself Marijuana has been used in alot of voodoo rituals, wiccan rituals (which i have done). So I am thinking maby Marijuana is the key to haveing a very good Astral projection or lucid dream.
    ??
    Hmm

4. Usually if it's astral projection, you'll see yourself leaving your body or at least have some sense of separation between your self and the physical world. Sounds like what you're experiencing is more like a lucid dream, and in order to truly have an astral projection, there's still another plane you need to reach. With time, you should be able to control what is going on around you, and eventually be able to travel between the physical and astral planes. I've never been able to do it myself, I've started to think I just don't have the mental concentration for it. Everything I've read also says that astral projection and OOBEs are best achieved if your body is free of foreign substances and mind altering drugs. Specifically, I've heard that ingesting protein, sugar, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol within a day or so of trying to astrally project is not good. I haven't read anything specifically about marijuana but I'd imagine the same rules apply. The idea is to clear your mind, let it be unaffected by physical or bodily sensations. Then it will be much easier for you to disconnect your consciousness from your physical body.