Astral projection

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ADVOR, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Posted this on my blog a few weeks ago. Let me know what you guys think.

"I've been having a lot of mind-trips in the past few weeks. The most recent being this Saturday at Danker's house. Nick passed out on his bed and I was sitting in some really comfortable (at least it seemed comfortable, I'm not sure if it really was) chair. Danker went to make some pizza or something, and I kind of just leaned my head back and closed my eyes. After I closed my eyes, my mind seemed to go completely blank, except for some kind of thought train/process I had never recognized before, but I knew it was there. Then my conscious mind idenitfied it as my subconscious. I could actually hear (figuratively speaking) my subconscious operating, and it was amazing. Then I realized that I was still conscious. A new realization of the conscious mind working with the subconscious simultaneously. Obviously, they always work simultaneously, but this time... this time I noticed it. It's hard to explain, but it's truly amazing. And before I knew it, I could see everything. I had my eyes closed, but I could see everything in the room. It didn't look like it normally did, it was more of a red abstract crayon drawing of everything. Also, everything I was seeing was like there was a strobe light. I was seeing in frames, things moving slowly, etc... Just like I was in a dark room with a strobe light, but the room wasn't dark. Then I looked into the right side of the ceiling and saw myself hovering there staring at me, sitting in the chair. It wasn't quite an out-of-body experience, because I was still in the same place, but somehow I saw myself. The entity that I saw had white eyes, and had no thought. Don't know what it was. It didn't bring comfort though. It looked similar to me, but not exactly. Then Danker walked in and I "woke up" and tried to explain to him what happened, but.. that shit's hard to explain.

Oh yeah, by the way; this happened about 20 minutes after I had got done smoking weed. I'd been smoking a lot that day, too."

2. just from reading this i can tell with a considerable amount of certainty that you're not making it up. this is writen very personally from the experiencers perspective and fits exactly with the scientific/"spiritual" explanations of how such things can be achieved.

you should seek to achieve this again whn less likely to be disturbed and see what you can go explore.

?

:)

3. Ahh... the joy of your first OOB. Now comes the fun of trying to piece together all the casual factors, the how and why of things, aka "How the fuck did I do that?". Big fun!

-mu

4. I havn't had an OOB experience, but a few times, my train of thought was changed similar to yours. Every thought felt like a frame in a cartoon, the cartoons where they hand draw every frame. Everything felt slow, so I thought it would be fun to see what it was like to draw and write with my mind the way it was. Well when I started writing stuff, I started thinking about everything, and all these great, amazing ideas were coming to my head. So I tried writing down everything I could so I wouldnt forget. When that little bout of thoughts slowed down, I tried drawing things that I couldn't because I suck at drawing. It didnt improve to much but I could draw landscapes in perspective, so it looked like you could climb into the scribbles on the page instead of it just looking like a flat page.

5. I'm pretty sure it wasn't an OOB, because I never came out of my body. I do believe I was in the astral plane, though. I could see the astral plane, is what I mean. The figure I saw was most likely a wandering soul, but for some reason I mistaked it as myself. I used to be very interested in Astral projection, but could never do it, no matter how many different methods I tried. The next time I have some ganja and I am alone, I'm going to get really blazed, lie back, close my eyes, and see what happens.

6. thought i would bump this. Cuz, i just did this last night. I think ive got it down where i can do it at will....except sometimes i just slip into a lucid dream...and sometimes, i dont like it. Cuz every time i start lucid dreaming...i can no longer run, or walk. its like....i know im in the dream, and im conciously like...just walk man, its a dream, if you think about walking you'll walk...but then i get closterphobic or something and i try running, i have to push off of things to gain momentum.

as for the astral projection....the only thing i do, so far anyways...and its just me trying to figure out if its really happening or if im lucid dreaming still...but i stand in the room and watch the clock. from what i can tell, the clock is saying the right times...

if i fall asleep at 9 o clock at night, ill project but the clock will read 2 in the morning, its always in the morning, and then when i snap out of it....its like...im being pulled back into my body...but, theres a turning feeling of sorts....and when i wake up its usually 5 or 6 in the morning.

my next step is to video tape it....

and my next step after that is to calm the vibrations i feel.....after the vibrations calm down..i think ill be alright to walk out of the room. I think i never walk out of the room because i dont want to be let down. when i first found out about projecting....i had visions of being able to fly around the world....into space...looking at earth from the moon, all that....i dont think i ever leave the room because if i do, ill see its just a dream, and not really a seperate state of mind.

personally though....im thinking it could be some sort of dream experience, or it could be the reason why religion exists...im leaning toward some sort of dream...but its the fact that people who do this, go to the same plane when they do it that makes it iffy for it to be a dream to me.

but, it could be sleep poralises of some form.

anyways, im done. what do you think?

7. you need to study yourself quitly like digit has said. electricity in that room needs to vanish, becouse any slight distraction can really mess things up. i found that tvs and computers really mess with your brain when your meditating. I love delving deep into my self, and my spiritual self. I dont know but i developed a theory that were all souls and astral biengs, hard to explain, but i saw this too when high.

I imagined god, (have been an athiest since i can remember) and i realized that my physical bieng wasnt around, i was mearly just a spirit. not just a spirit, but a soul. i was myself. from then on, i have had a VERY hard time bilieving any sort of religion, or anything of that sort. I theorized that god himself was an elder astral being... sorry for carrying on.

8. DUDE! you just described my theory of astral biengs. like the fact that were not alone, but like theres atral souls around us everyday, and in space. anywhere. man, this is freakin me out haha. i donno how to explain it, nor do i care too. everyone ive told this, kinda just finds flaws in what i think. and just bashes it.

9. Actually, according to Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, what you most likely had was Real-time vision, in which you see into the most common and reality-like astral plane, the Real-time zone. According to the work, what you saw was yourself in the out of body experience (Distorted parts, or "reality fluctuations" like your eyes are common in this plane), but during this projection, your mind is split...the reason you stayed in your body was because for whatever reason, only the reality-zone based part of your mind was active during the event, which caused you to see the part of your mind that had projected.

Sounds awesome, btw, bro...Gotta learn to achieve consiousness in that other part of the mind split, and to do this, I highly highly reccommend reading Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce.

Peace and love brothers and sisters