Asthma?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bexyrexy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. I've been smoking for a long time and recently I smoked out of my friends bong and had an asthma attack.. but I don't have asthma or any type or breathing problem. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2. That's never happened to me, but you should check it out. Never know what it could be if it keeps happening.

3. That makes no sense. THC acts as a bronchodilator.

4. mang you be trippin'

5. #5 Solipsist NPC, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
    Is your asthma allergy related?

For me, cannabis buds that have been touched by somebody who has a dog, or cannabis buds that have alot of pollen on them, will cause me to have a asthma attack. I actually water cure any buds I buy before I smoke them for this reason.

I can just take antihistamines and use my inhaler, then smoke and be fine, but I try to never use them unless I absolutely need to.

Also, inhaling small amounts of smoke from clean buds does not bother me at all, but a huge ass bong hit, all the smoke inflames my lungs, I cough, can barely breath, I weez, etc.

6. I have asthma and lets say for the first 4 years of smoking weed for me I never had an asthma attack. This year I have had some asthma problems that may or may not have been caused from smoking (weed)

idk if that is gonna help anyone:confused: probably not:eek:

7. eh it can be in small amounts but in large amounts it can cause irritation of the bronchioles which causes u to cough and causes an attack.

The best thing to do is to take preventative medication. Such as advair which is an inhaled steroid and prevents attacks from occurring. If u do have an attack just dont panic and take your albueturol, its there for a reason.

As for the OP idk man, are u coming down with a flu, if so that may be a reason for asthma like symptoms. If u smoke a lot of cigarettes that can lead to COPD which can have similar symptoms to asthma.

8. i have asthma and never got an attack from smoking but smoking definitely hurts my lungs a great deal. but, i got a vape, and i havent had one pain ever since.

so, invest in a vape, and then you wont have to worry about attacks.