Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asthma.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AtotheK, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Hey GC

I have asthma and I smoke weed pretty much daily. A month or two ago I went for a check-up and they made blow into this tube which tells them how hard I can blow air or some shit. But they suspect me of smoking and I need to be significantly better by the next check-up but I dont want to stop smoking weed:smoke:. I'm trying to use the bare minimum of tobacco in my spliffs and I use my pipe occasionally but I dont like it that much.

They've given me this new inhaler as well which is supposedly really good. Anybody know what I can do that will help my asthma improve for the next check up which is in another 2-3 months?

2. dont smoke spliffs. its as simiple as that. just use your pipe and you will be fine

3. I have asthma also and it only triggers if i smoke a few joints or a few bowls after awhile.
    The only way i combat this is i use my vapor bowl on my bong instead of burning it, I usually have no problems after just vaporizing for awhile.

4. #4 Man Plus Eyes, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
    Vapourisers mean you aren't breathing in smoke.

Or the best option for you, edibles. Get baking :)

There's some really easy recipies, something about putting it in peanut butter and putting the peanut butter in the oven. I'll look for it.

EDIT: They're called firecrackers.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/281831-firecrackers-quick-tutorial-w-pics.html

A good deal of edibles info on here, didn't realise. This has helped me out too :D. Karma works in simple ways.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/

5. Cannabis is great for asthma, but you need to lay off the tobacco.

From Granny Stormcrow's most excellent list:

ASTHMA

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies
    IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Comparison of bronchial effects of nabilone and terbutaline

Bronchial effects of aerosolized delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma.

Marijuana and oral delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance

New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery
    New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery, Phase I Study

Smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-THC on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects
    Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects

ANALGESIC AND ANTIINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CONSTITUENTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L.
    Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Constituents of Cannabis Sativa

6. The above post is gold.

7. dude I have Asthma and I was never able to pass those test.....this was long before I smoked anything........at age 14 they said i had the lung capacity of a 4 year old........but now at age 19 I still can't pass those tests but never have problems with asthma and smoking

8. Word. Just stop using spliffs and smoke joints, or use a bong, or a pipe, or a vape (without tobacco, obviously). I don't even understand why some people put tobacco in, something about it "burning better"?

9. just roll straight dubbies with weed, no tobacco at ALL. ive never mixed anything with my weed, it be disrespectful :smoking:

10. Damn as a kid I had been put in the hospital a few times cause of severe Asthma. But now I can smoke back to back blunts and I'm pretty much fine.

But it sux in the middle of the night when you wake up wheezing.