Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asthma from bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Eagles7267420, Jul 1, 2012.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has had or heard about this because i think i might have started to get asthma and i was wondering if it may be from bud? Ive been smoking a bit more than usual lately but nothing crazy

2. Yes if it's moldy it's called farmers lung

3. I usually get pretty high grade bud usually and i havent noticed anything different.

4. Smoking will not cause you to get asthma. Hell, it doesn't even trigger my asthma (not even in blunts).

I've had ciggies trigger asthma before, never weed.

5. My buddies asthma has actually been cured due to smoking weed. He used to have his puffer on him and use it occasionally, but now that he smokes hes never had to use it.

6. Weed can be used for asthma. Its a bronchiodialator, so it widens the airways. It does the exact same thing the asthma medicine does

7. THC opens up the lung pathways. So, I'm thinking your asthma is either genetic, caused by smoking moldy buds, or something else. Not weed itself though.

8. Usually, I cant take big hits due to my asthma in the beginning of a sesh. After about 4-5 hits though its str8. asthma is only genetic you cant get it from weed ive had it since I was a baby

9. i have asthma. since i started smoking my lung capacity has increased and my airways are less fucked up, according to many fucking breathing tests i had to do at the doctors

10. Ever since I vaporize weed, I don't feel the need to use my prescribed asthma medication anymore. Back in the day before the prohibition, Cannabis cigarettes were actually sold as a treatment for asthma. So I highly doubt it's the cause of yours.

11. no. ever since i've smoked i noticed my
    lungs expand everytime and i could breathe so much easier. i've never even really payed attention to my asthma either so i really had no idea how tight my chest actually was. i have a vaporizer now too. helps even more. i would really recommend one if you have asthma. or just wanna get really high.