Asthma and weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DH517, May 4, 2010.

1. Im not sure if this is the right area for this thread.

So anyways, ive got asthma and have been smoking for a little over a year (on and off). Im pretty active and play hockey and lacrosse. I can tell when i smoke more often that it acts up the next day and the following week and so i usually only do it once or twice a week. Anyone else have asthma that tokes and have any advice on dealing with it, Other than quitting?

2. I have asthma, but its more like re-occurring asthma. last time I remember showing symptoms was about 4 years ago, and it just started acting up again a few weeks ago. I was smoking alot between that time, and I never felt a difference. The funny thing is, my asthma came back to haunt me the second I started a T-break. I would just suggest not smoking to much, keep it chill and you should be alright.

happy tokin bro, and welcome to the city :wave:

3. have asthma weed definitely makes it worse as mush as i try and deny that
    once i started using a vaporizer i was alrite there a bit expensive but it helps alot

4. yeah i guess ive been denying it too. Im gonna try a t-break for a bit and see if my asthma goes away and then start again. It just sucks cause my asthma would only get bad when i was sick but now its acting up more often. vapes seem like a good idea but the only thing is that they are a bit inconvinent.

5. Have you looked into the Launch Box? There are several threads about that here. Portable, convenient.
    Magic-Flight

Since cannabis is a bronchodilator and is used to treat asthma, you may be experiencing a "rebound effect" when you stop smoking.

How well under control is your asthma normally?

6. well since Idk if you're talkin 2 me or OP, I'll answer anyway. When I was first told I had asthma, I had a bad cough, phlegm, and wheezing. After it cleared up, I got no symptoms for years until now, and its the same thing. both times it started with a bad flu. I did smoke this past weekend, but it was really shitty weed every time so it obviously wasn't good for the lungs. It's normally not that annoying since I'm not very active. Idk, I'm just gonna cut back on the smokin and hope it clears up for a few more years.

7. I too get alot of phlem and weezing after the weekend which is when I usualy smoke. I am also going to the doctor to get a sinus infection checked out which could be some of the problem. Are you saying that if you smoke more often these issues could possibly go away?

8. Check out the Asthma section of Granny Stormcrows list
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/525051-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html

ASTHMA

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies
    IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Comparison of bronchial effects of nabilone and terbutaline

Bronchial effects of aerosolized delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma.

Marijuana and oral delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance

New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery
    New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery, Phase I Study

Smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-THC on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects
    Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects

ANALGESIC AND ANTIINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CONSTITUENTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L.
    Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Constituents of Cannabis Sativa