Asthma and vape dose?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by AsthmaticStoner, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Hello I was born and raised with asthma. I am currently taking symbicort twice daily (2 puffs morning 2 at night). I also carry a rescue inhaler called albuterol.

I have done research and would like to try to substitute weed for my asthma medication (mostly just symbicort).

My plan is to vape and only vape. No smoking at all. I have an Arizer Solo vape. Now my concern is how much bud should I use in substitute of my symbicort? I see plenty of studies saying vaping is the best choice when it comes to asthma but I can never find any dose reccomendations.

I plan on vaping in the morning and at night. I would like to figure out a rough number to determine how much bud I need to buy for a month to fit it in to my budget. Any ideas?

Edit:::
    I think my topic might be better suited in the medical.marijuana usage category instead of vaporized haha. If a mod can move it it'd be much appreciated

2. If it's just for asthma and you would like to avoid the high maybe look into CBD only strains. However I don't believe it would take a lot. maybe .25g a session. The best thing to do is to experiment your self. Start at the lowest possible dose and work your way up until you are happy it's working.

3. I don't live in a medical state so I'm just left with personal deals. But I do agree with about .25 a session. So I would need roughly half an ounce a month.

4. In my experience less is more. But that is with smoke and better darn do it before any symptoms are there or it gets worse for a couple minutes. As for vaping it'd probably work a lot better just read up on thc and asthma studdies as thc was used with good resualts but under a certain dose.

I'm using symbicort too and man I'm really wanting to talk to my doctor about switching it up since I can literally feel the aggression and rage course through me after I have a dose of it. That and I'm not to sure how much of it is affecting my depression.

Depression is listed as a side effect. But aggression isn't as common so isn't labled in the side effects. But it's there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Never really thought about the side effects of these asthma medications...wonder if it relates to my depression anger and whatever else I've got going on lol.

6. Mate I'm reading this like this is me, I'm on symbicort and salbutamol. You need the symbicort regardless if you stop taking it for a long period your asthma gets worse, well mine does.

Personally I've never used cbd, I have a strain coming where if I smoke a gram per day I intake 1mg (I think it is) per day. So hopefully we'll see if it works.

Asthma is a pain in the fucking arse, not the chest! Any time you need a chat mate I'm always around!

7. I would use a Strain that's balanced in cannabinoids not jus CBD or just THC but both and others. One if then I use for example is called Lemon G by Terrapin. It's got 10.4% THC and 7% CBD. And Vaporize it. Use .25 two to three times through out the day or as needed depending on what kind of asthma you have. I'm not a Dr so dont take my word. I'm only stating what works for me. Everyone is different.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea I was at a point where I had no insurance and symbicort was going to cost me $350 So I had no choice but to stop. It got to a point where I was really struggling to breathe and had to find an emergency nebulizer treatment.