Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asthma and toking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoned42, Aug 31, 2012.

1. I currently have mild asthma and I toke (yes I know) I smoke once a week and usually the night after smoking it feels like my throat is full of mucus idk I usually use pipe and sometimes use joints but never smoke tobacco, can someone explain this :)

2. I have asthma too, and I get this sometimes. I usually just drink some tea/coffee and it goes by itself. It helps if you take your brown inhaler regularly too. Sometimes the mucus feeling is just because you are 'wheezing', if you think this is the case then take your blue inhaler.

3. I currently do take the brown inhaler, the blue one doesn't help with this, will try tea though :)

4. i think weed actually helps asthma

5. It does THC opens your lungs to 2x normal capacity. It is an adequate treatment for asthma even though a doctor won't say that until like 20-30 years from now.

6. Friend of mine had a heart murmur as a child, got him to start smoking grass and he told me about two years later the doctor said his heart was in better condition than it had ever been, I personally believe grass has great healing properties.

7. Great for me :D I knew this already though :p in fact I was talking about weed with my parents (who know I don't smoke) and my mum says "you can't smoke weed cause of your asthma" and my dads all happy abou this :mad: so I go "its actually prescribed for people with asthma" and they just shutup :hello: and thenlater my dad says hell call the police on me if I smoke weed :eek: :( :mad: my dads uneducated though as he sees skunk (dank buds :) ) as "hard drugs"

8. My friend has asthma and he smokes more then me. He's fine.

9. Yeah my throats just got better but I'm concerned because this usually happens a day after toking :L

10. I'm considering getting a bong to water filter

11. asthma and toking are best friends
    I have severe asthma and used to smoke every day. it helps it because marijuana is a bronchial dilator and actually helps your lungs expand

12. #12 LordVoldefart, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    Chances are you have a slight allergy to it. I *sometimes* start wheezing for a day or 2 after smoking (hasn't happened lately, and I smoke daily now - but it did get pretty bad).

If you're having asthma issues, the best thing you can do is pick up a vaporizer, as while bud still has the THC (what's likely causing your symptoms), a vape will reduce the tar and shit in it to a close 0.

You're alternative is to also digest it, so either just chew on some bud or try and make some brownies.

Also to elaborate on what others have said. Yes, weed does indeed open your bronchi (passage air goes through before lungs) more, allowing for easiest breathing.

However, if you're allergic, and/or after many years of smoking you may develop bronchitis, which is essentially your breaching passage swelling, shrinking the possible area for air flow, and therefore increasing breathing difficulties.

13. If I start vaping will weed open my bronchi, I also am allergic to pollen (much worse when I was a little kid) and I might get a vape but
    - weed could not be my drug of choice (I'm still experimenting if I like it or not in like over 12 times high lol I hate the burnout and munchies not the munchies but like gaining weight from it)
    - I'm kinda poor for a vape
    - I can't really hide a vape (still live with parents)
    - a vape isn't as fun as playing with smoke
    - no one I know uses a vape
    - a vape needs batteries and to be charged and shit
    - a bong can make an instant high after like a min

14. Also during the burnout I get hot, especially my face :L

15. #15 OrangeSkyz, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012

Try getting yourself a little bubbler you can usually pick small ones up for 10-20$ they're pocket size and the water will greatly reduce the harshness of the hits and the effects are similar to a bong, as for weight gain iv been smoking for years and I still cant break over 150 lbs, grass makes your metabolism increase, which increases the rate your body burns fat cells also a plausible, increased metabolism also increases body temperature, however if you get rash's or become itchy like others say you might have a small allergic reaction just remember though, grass has never killed a soul.

16. Hmm I might get a bubbler thanks :) but I get the serious fucking munchies lol, 2 packs of doritos, curry and rice, a cheese pannine, a whole pack of biscuits, 1 litre of squash (cotton mouth), lasagne, coke, and some other shit, anyways if I'm allergic is it still ok to smoke and will water filtering prevent allergies

17. Also I'm starting to get itchy :L

18. Haha don't worry we've all been there iv taken down 3 triple stack baconators and a half gallon of ice cream in 1 hour before, and im not a doctor but seeing as no one has ever died from grass I don't see you being the first. However if you've personally taken bong hits I don't think your allergic your reaction would probably be much more severe as bong hits are a more pure form of thc.

19. Nice munchies lol
    Anyways I've never taken a water purified hit, only pipe and joints

20. Well id try experimenting with it a bit, try taking a single small hit and seeing if side effects occur, just remember the brains a tricky thing if your high and you expect something to occur you can trick yourself into it. Take a little hit relax and don't think about it see what the outcome is.