Assorted comic book sketches I never seem to finish...

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by nps4474@yahoo.c, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Found some old drawings in a pile of misc. papers at my parents house, (some of these are from high school yikes! Early 90's.) :D All drawn (some in study hall) from various books I was into...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Shi/Bill Tucci drawn using this original cover/second above image as a reference, then hand drawing it)
    [​IMG]
    (Cable Jim Lee)

[​IMG]
    Hulk Todd Mcfarlene)

Some new shit, just quick mock ups for some scripted characters I'm working on (I ripped off some HITMAN poses...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you dug them...

2. Its a good mock up, but i think it lacks the cold, hardened
    look of an assassin. He seems to me like the typical friendly neighborhood dad. er, with a rifle.
    I think the samurai pic has potential.

High School was great. People were easily impressed, and other good artists were usually just a couple desks away. I never had study hall though, i sketched my stuff in math class....:eek:

3. [quote name='the roach']Its a good mock up, but i think it lacks the cold, hardened
    look of an assassin. He seems to me like the typical friendly neighborhood dad. er, with a rifle.
    I think the samurai pic has potential.

Thanks Roach, thats exactly what hes supposed to be, :D The samurai drawing is actually a copy of a cover from a pretty successful comic book called Shi done by Bill Tucci.

edit-googled, found and posted the original cover art I drew from...

4. I was gonna say you should be a comic book artist but they're copied, right? Lol, Hulk looks like E.T.
    Good job, though; I can't do that, even by copying.